First self-written song!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First self-written song!

Post  kokope on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:05 am

20/03/2016
I happy to present you my 1st song! Me and my friend Sasha from France decided to start a duo called ''Private Sector''. The song is demo only because we doesn't have mics and the quality of the vocals is mediocre. In the near future(when we find good mics) we will re-record the vocals. I HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT!
https://soundcloud.com/weareprivatesector/skies-open-wide-demo

My 1st cover here is the song ''There Goes a Tenner'' by Kate Bush! I'll post more covers when I have a free time. Tiphat
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0si3D6HFQQg

Last edited by kokope on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: First self-written song!

Post  Zedd Squared on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:30 am

It's always hard to cover songs originally by a woman an octave down and make it sound convincing, but I think you did quite a good job in the low parts generally speaking. Good tone man. However, due to the more confined range you use it doesn't quite capture the proper amount of vocal athleticism and eccentricity that Kate captures in the original. That's no easy task though so it's understandable, and without hearing your high range it's hard to know what to recommend for a different approach.

Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kokope on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:17 am

Whackooyzero wrote:It's always hard to cover songs originally by a woman an octave down and make it sound convincing, but I think you did quite a good job in the low parts generally speaking. Good tone man. However, due to the more confined range you use it doesn't quite capture the proper amount of vocal athleticism and eccentricity that Kate captures in the original. That's no easy task though so it's understandable, and without hearing your high range it's hard to know what to recommend for a different approach.

Thank you! I don't have much experience with singing , but I understood you. I will definitely ask about your opinion next time I cover something! Smile
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kokope on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:03 am

New cover! Actually is 6 months old. Muse-Showbiz, I am singing the low part at the beginning, lower than the original. Tiphat
http://picosong.com/4dmA
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kokope on Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:50 am

I just made a cover of Josef Salvat's cover Very Happy of ''Diamonds''.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1khkKEjuVX3
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryugen on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:57 am

Weird Falsetto break in Diamonds, but pretty good.
Ryugen
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kokope on Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:33 am

Moooonths later I decided to play with Audacity and mix a cover. Sadly, the song i covered has no instrumental and the result is: The lead vocal is higher than my voice. Laughing
My voice goes down to C2 in chest voice, there is a Bb5 at 02:41 and lots lots of fry notes for an example 2:38, 2:35, 2:55, 2:58, 3:12-13 and at the very end (I love them). I recorded multiple backup vocals and I waste 4 hours to make it. It's a mess but I love it, it was fun to mix a cover with Audacity. Laughing
Have a listen: http://picosong.com/SVpV/ (use headphones) Song: Northen Lights / Artist: Lebanon Hanover
P.S. I also made a cover of Florence + The Machine's St Jude but my voice was totally off after the other cover so I really don't like it.
But have a listen: http://picosong.com/SVMP/ Laughing
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kokope on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:58 am

20/03/2016
I happy to present you my 1st song! Me and my friend Sasha from France decided to start a duo called ''Private Sector''. The song is demo only because we doesn't have mics and the quality of the vocals is mediocre. In the near future(when we find good mics) we will re-record the vocals. I HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT!
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:40 am

kokope wrote:20/03/2016
I really love how warm Sasha's voice is. She has a lovely voice, as do you but there's one glaring problem... you mixed the vocals a bit too low Confused I could rarely hear your harmonies, and even Sasha would have her voice buried by the very loud percussion occasionally (mainly the chorus). It's a cool song, but definitly work on getting a better mix, as well as the mics (as you already pointed out Embarassed ) Not bad though, I liked it Smile
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CracK on Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:15 am

honestleh, I think you should remove your voice from the track, or at least reduce it's volume significantly, because it sounds too messy and the vocals are "raping" the song. your gf has pleasant voice and I think it would feat the best if you will give her backing vocals and not lead sing with her. not saying you're a bad singer or whatever, just think it will feat the best, that way

that's my opinion anyway
CracK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kokope on Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:20 pm

Thank you both! We know about the problem with the vocals...The problem starts from the instrumental bc it was produced in a way that doesn't fit with our vocals (It was Sasha's 1st try to produce something like this). For the 2nd song, the instrumental is produced in a completely different way so it can fit with our voices. Also, there will be parts where we will sing individually. The mix is definitely not okay. That's why it's a demo for now and it's understandable, it's our first try. Very Happy
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Princesszolli Demi on Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:10 am

kokope wrote:Thank you both! We know about the problem with the vocals...The problem starts from the instrumental bc it was produced in a way that doesn't fit with our vocals (It was Sasha's 1st try to produce something like this). For the 2nd song, the instrumental is produced in a completely different way so it can fit with our voices. Also, there will be parts where we will sing individually. The mix is definitely not okay. That's why it's a demo for now and it's understandable, it's our first try. Very Happy
Fair enough then. Just don't forget to link the official version, whenever it's finished Wink
Princesszolli Demi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top