Kate Bush - There Goes a Tenner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kate Bush - There Goes a Tenner

Post  kokope on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:24 am

So, that's my 1st post here. Of course I am a big Kate Bush fan so HERE goes a tenner. Laughing
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0si3D6HFQQg
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kate Bush - There Goes a Tenner

Post  The Great Heroins on Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:49 am

kokope wrote:So, that's my 1st post here. Of course I am a big Kate Bush fan so HERE goes a tenner. Laughing

I love this song! It was an alright cover but her voice really overpowers yours so it's kinda hard to pick out if you are getting the pitches right or not since you are so buried. Honestly, I prefer to hear the song sung in the same octave since it's not too high but this was a decent cover nonetheless. I was really expecting your voice to be much brighter and light as apposed to quite deep haha.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kokope on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:34 am

The Great Heroins wrote:
kokope wrote:So, that's my 1st post here. Of course I am a big Kate Bush fan so HERE goes a tenner. Laughing

I love this song!  It was an alright cover but her voice really overpowers yours so it's kinda hard to pick out if you are getting the pitches right or not since you are so buried.  Honestly, I prefer to hear the song sung in the same octave since it's not too high but this was a decent cover nonetheless.  I was really expecting your voice to be much brighter and light as apposed to quite deep haha.
Thank you so much! That means a lot to me! I sang it significantly lower just because my comfort zone is in the 2nd octave, otherwise I will sound really out of pitch. Tiphat
kokope

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Yeah, better to sing it in your comfort zone low as apposed to strain in the original octave! But, that doesn't mean don't try to extend your range comfortably over time if you want to. It's definitely possible. You sound baritone to me but not too much more weighty than my own voice and I've been able to train my voice to sing this song so you can too if you take it slow and build your range gradually. Smile
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top