Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adam Chance

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:48 am

Photo: Shelby Dunn, Stage Right Secrets

Voice Type: Baritone
Sung Range: F♯1-C5

About Adam:
Adam Chance was the bass for the acapella group Street Corner Symphony. He has an awesome, bassy baritone voice going into the first octave in chest voice.
SCS doesn't have many songs yet, so there won't be a big list of notes for the moment. Go to their website to listen to (some of) their (studio) songs.

As of May 2016, Adam has replaced Chris Rupp as the baritone in country acapella group Home Free - we can look forward to many awesome notes from him there!

High Notes:
C5: "Can't Stop This Feeling"
B♭4: "Can't Stop This Feeling"
G4: "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" live (semitone higher), "When the Ink Dries", "My Church" (live), "Can't Stop This Feeling"
F♯4: "Beatles Medley", "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" live
F4: "Wagon Wheel" (live)
E4: "When the Ink Dries", "My Church" (live), "Die A Happy Man"
E♭4: "Try Everything", "Wagon Wheel" (live), "Ring of Fire" (live)
D4: "When the Ink Dries", "Fishin' In The Dark/Boondocks" (live), "Thank God I'm A Country Boy"
C♯4: "The Star-Sprangled Banner", "Try Everything", "Wagon Wheel" (live on FB), "Alabama Sampler" (live), "Elvira" (live), "Champagne Taste" (live), "Butts Medley" (live)
C4: "Come On, Eileen", "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" live (semitone higher), "When the Ink Dries", "My Church" (live), "Wagon Wheel" (live), "Ring of Fire" (live), "Can't Stop This Feeling"

Low Notes:
F♯2: "Hard to Handle", "Down On The Corner", "What Child Is This", "Champagne Taste" (live)
F2: "Mad World", "Voodoo", "Loves A Loser", "Champagne Taste" (live)
E2: "Down On The Corner", "Auld Lang Syne", "Frozen In Time", "Picturing You", "Sicut Tempus Figut", "My Church" (live), "Die A Happy Man"
E♭2: "Hey, Soul Sister", "Drift Away", "Most of It", "Hallelujah (Live)", "Voodoo", "Emily", "Loves A Loser", "Southern Autumn Nostalgia", "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" live (semitone higher), "Johnny Be Good" (live), "My Church" (live), "Champagne Taste" (live)
D2: "Madness", "Beatles Medley", "Auld Lang Syne", "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" live, "Creep", "Come On, Eileen", "Game of Thrones", "Misty Mountains", "Dragon Rider", "Uptown Funk", "What Child Is This", "Ave Maria", "Ring of Fire" (live)
C♯2: "Drift Away", "The Star-Sprangled Banner", "World To Me", "Most of It", "Dead Man's Will", "Voodoo", ""Little Beatbox Boy"", "What Child Is This", "Johnny Be Good" (live), "O Holy Night", "My Church" (live), "Champagne Taste" (live), "Ring of Fire" (live)
C2: "Hey, Soul Sister", "Creep", "Hallelujah (Live)", "Emily", "Little Old Me", "Loves A Loser", "Picturing You", "Dragon Rider", "Royals", "Don't", "Ave Maria", "My Church" (live), "Ring of Fire" (live)
B1: "World To Me", "Hard to Handle", "Drift Away", "Down On The Corner", "Frozen In Time", "Myriad of Stars", "Sicut Tempus Figut", "Uptown Funk", "My Church" (live), "Ring of Fire" (live)
B♭1: "Madness", "Hey, Soul Sister", "Dead Man's Will", "Dragon Rider", "Loves a Loser", "Johnny Be Good" (live), "O Holy Night"
A1: "Myriad of Stars", "Everything", "Stay With Me"
G♯1: "Hey, Soul Sister", "Southern Autumn Nostalgia"
G1: "Picturing You", "Myriad of Stars", "O Holy Night"
F♯1: "Hard to Handle"

Underlined indicates notes in background harmonies
Italics indicate non-sung notes
Blue indicate clear falsetto notes

Madness, originaly by Muse.

An awesome version (with awesome B1!) of Hard to Handle.

And a rediculously awesome metal song (yes, entirely vocals! Just "some" effects).

The website of the acapella band he sings bass in:
http://www.streetcornersymphony.com/press-kit

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I'm also unsure about some notes, especially "Hey, Soul Sister" / "Myriad of Stars" so checking notes would be great Smile

Last edited by AcapellaBass on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:31 am; edited 32 times in total

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Adam Chance

Post  Toast on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:06 am

Hey, is this thread still alive?
If so, Adam has some pretty strong A1's throughout their latest cover of "Stay With Me".
Also, wouldn't his harmonized notes still count as sung?
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:58 am

Still alive, absolutely.
Sadly, there aren't a lot of SCS songs yet, which is why the list doesn't contain too much.

Thanks for the A1, I heard and it's beautiful. Pretty strong? Very strong! Yeah!
And yes, my bad Facepalm

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Thu May 28, 2015 3:20 am

Adam has some amazing low notes in "What Child Is This." I can't really tell for sure because they're kind of overshadowed by the other harmonies, but I'm pretty sure that there are a few rumbly F#1s, D1s, and C#1s in there. At about 1:44 onward there's a string of them.

CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu May 28, 2015 4:12 am

CoolBJ wrote:Adam has some amazing low notes in "What Child Is This." I can't really tell for sure because they're kind of overshadowed by the other harmonies, but I'm pretty sure that there are a few rumbly F#1s, D1s, and C#1s in there. At about 1:44 onward there's a string of them.

[youtube]bsToKWkqnr0[youtube]
Don't understand why I haven't added notes from that song..
Anyway, there are no first octave notes there. Just F#2s, D2s and C#2s if you ask me.
I don't know what effect they've added to the notes, but they do sound very heavy. Still, no 1st octave.

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Thu May 28, 2015 5:30 am

Aw, dang. Still good I guess!
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Thu May 28, 2015 9:27 am

Listening to "Myriad of Stars", I don't believe that the A1s and G1s are actually coming from Adam, but they're rather coming from an octave-lowered bass boost (like what Peter Hollens often does). Same thing for the F#1s from "Loves a Loser" (although there are some Bb3s in the same section, just a sidenote).

Also, I can't help but notice that the picture that you're using right now has a watermark in the bottom left corner. Naughty
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu May 28, 2015 9:40 pm

The Toasted Turkey wrote:Listening to "Myriad of Stars", I don't believe that the A1s and G1s are actually coming from Adam, but they're rather coming from an octave-lowered bass boost (like what Peter Hollens often does). Same thing for the F#1s from "Loves a Loser" (although there are some Bb3s in the same section, just a sidenote).
The A1's sound legit, like the A1s in "Stay With Me". I actually aren't able to find the G1s anymore, could you give a timestamp?
The F#1 sounds awfully high for a 1st octave note, you're right, though the very soft bass makes me believe it's just a very weakish note.
I'll remove it, to be sure.

The Toasted Turkey wrote:Also, I can't help but notice that the picture that you're using right now has a watermark in the bottom left corner. Naughty
F#ck the watermark Razz

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Fri May 29, 2015 6:05 am

AcapellaBass wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:Also, I can't help but notice that the picture that you're using right now has a watermark in the bottom left corner. Naughty
F#ck the watermark Razz
I could edit the picture to remove it if you want, but it's pretty unobtrusive anyway. It appears the photographer's intent it is not to prevent anyone from appropriating the image but simply to claim credit for it when they do, so if we remove the credit from the photo itself I'd like to add it in small print underneath if that's OK. I think in general, asking for unwatermarked pictures is mostly just to avoid this sort of shit https://ianmilleruk.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/battle-leeds-watermarked.jpg?w=1272
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri May 29, 2015 10:34 am

At the end of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World," Adam sings a G4 on "eve-RY-body." Assuming he isn't just lip syncing to the other guys, that is.

Also, the first and third syllables of that word are C4s. Aaaand he hits some nice Eb2s at the beginning of the song.

Last edited by CoolBJ on Fri May 29, 2015 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Fri May 29, 2015 12:06 pm

CoolBJ wrote:At the end of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World," Adam hits a G4 on "eve-RY-body." Assuming he isn't just lip syncing to the other guys, that is.

Also, the first and second syllables of that word are C4s. Aaaand he hits some nice Eb2s at the beginning of the song.

I like your username
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri May 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Eh
cryszofthescots wrote:
CoolBJ wrote:At the end of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World," Adam hits a G4 on "eve-RY-body." Assuming he isn't just lip syncing to the other guys, that is.

Also, the first and second syllables of that word are C4s. Aaaand he hits some nice Eb2s at the beginning of the song.

I like your username

Thanks! I wish I could read yours. Eh

Last edited by CoolBJ on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun May 31, 2015 4:00 am

CoolBJ wrote:At the end of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World," Adam sings a G4 on "eve-RY-body." Assuming he isn't just lip syncing to the other guys, that is.

Also, the first and third syllables of that word are C4s. Aaaand he hits some nice Eb2s at the beginning of the song.
In the video on YouTube, he sings D2's and a B3 and F#4. Is that song on Spotify too, a semitone higher?
Ahh, some live versions are a semitone higher. Added.

Also, Celice, that would be very kind of you Smile

EDIT
Alright, who changed the OP?
Little while ago, somebody changed Tim Foust's vocal type to "(dark) Tenor", and somebody (Celice?) changed Adam's picture with the credits below it.
Who does, or who do this?

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Where is the F♯1 in "Hard To Handle"?
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:15 pm

The Long Shot wrote:Where is the F♯1 in "Hard To Handle"?
They're at the end of the slides at 1:35 and 2:10, but I might have pitched them wrong (I had trouble pitching them).
Could be they aren't F#1s, but rather G#1s or A1s?

EDIT
Nah, after listening to it multiple times having pitches around 31 Hz and 62 Hz enhanced, and everything above it weakened, it still sounds like the lowest point he reaches is F#1/G1.

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toast on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:09 pm

According to Street Corner Symphony, they have a track for "O Holy Night" uploaded to the Band of Merrymakers channel (made with David Ryan Harris and Alex & Sierra).

Quite a few B♭1s and a G1 in the background of the first section of the song.
Toast
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:34 am

AcBass, why would you classify him as a bari? Genuinely curious; not trying to sway your thought process or start an argument.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:36 am

CoolBJ wrote:AcBass, why would you classify him as a bari? Genuinely curious; not trying to sway your thought process or start an argument.
I would say, just compare him to the deep voices like Avi Kaplan, he comes nowhere near that. Tim Foust is lower than Adam too.
When you hear him talk, you can also hear that he is just a heavier-than-average voice with a great lower register.

Just a few video's and comparisons.

Listen to the lightness in his higher register, are those C4s, D4s, E4s, and G4s?

Listen to this live version of "Hard to Handle", he just really sounds like he's trying to be bass while he isn't, he misses the B1 and hits C2/C#2.

Here, his speaking voice (at 0:16). I know speaking voice says little, but it's way to high for a bass.

Now a (in my opinion) real bass, Avi (1:00).

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:44 am

AcapellaBass wrote:
CoolBJ wrote:AcBass, why would you classify him as a bari? Genuinely curious; not trying to sway your thought process or start an argument.
I would say, just compare him to the deep voices like Avi Kaplan, he comes nowhere near that. Tim Foust is lower than Adam too.
When you hear him talk, you can also hear that he is just a heavier-than-average voice with a great lower register.

Just a few video's and comparisons.

Listen to the lightness in his higher register, are those C4s, D4s, E4s, and G4s?

Listen to this live version of "Hard to Handle", he just really sounds like he's trying to be bass while he isn't, he misses the B1 and hits C2/C#2.

Here, his speaking voice (at 0:16). I know speaking voice says little, but it's way to high for a bass.

Now a (in my opinion) real bass, Avi (1:00).

Ah, makes sense! This was pretty informative! Because of this post I have found out I'm actually a baritone and not, in fact, a bass.
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Strawberry Smoothie on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:32 am

CoolBJ wrote:Ah, makes sense! This was pretty informative! Because of this post I have found out I'm actually a baritone and not, in fact, a bass.

Informative indeed. (sorry for doubleposting)
Strawberry Smoothie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CoolBeans on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:41 am

Idk how basses manage to project notes C#2 and below. I listen to live performances and they're always so loud... meanwhile, I hum C2 "dms" and "dooms" and it's barely audible. Sad
CoolBeans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AcapellaBass on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:24 am

CoolBJ wrote:Idk how basses manage to project notes C#2 and below. I listen to live performances and they're always so loud... meanwhile, I hum C2 "dms" and "dooms" and it's barely audible. Sad
Please do take into consideration that the bass is much enhanced and increased in volume during live performance.
I personally think you can only judge whether one is bass or baritone if you hear them in real life.

Even the really deep voices don't have a lot of volume behind their lowest few notes Wink

(B1 without amplification at 5:44)

Anyway, enough of this - this thread is for Adam Razz

AcapellaBass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Long Shot on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:07 am

Well, this is interesting...apparently he has left Street Corner Symphony and will be replacing Chris Rupp as Home Free's baritone starting in June.
The Long Shot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizik on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:17 am

The Long Shot wrote:Well, this is interesting...apparently he has left Street Corner Symphony and will be replacing Chris Rupp as Home Free's baritone starting in June.
I am really excited about that Smile
It feels bad that Chris will leave them but Adam is a great replacement Smile

Pizik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pizik on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:17 am

The Long Shot wrote:Well, this is interesting...apparently he has left Street Corner Symphony and will be replacing Chris Rupp as Home Free's baritone starting in June.
I am really excited about that Smile
It feels bad that Chris will leave them but Adam is a great replacement Smile

Pizik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top