Current Status: UNFINISHED

Vocal Range: E♭3 – B5

Significant High Notes:

• B5 ( “Hymn” )
  • A5 (“S.I.B.A.L.D”)
  • G5 (“Below Zero”, “Gemini”, “Hymn” )
  • F♯5 (“S.I.B.A.L.D”)
  • F5 (“Without Air (After)”)
  • E5 (“Gemini”, “Heroes for Ghosts”, “Treasure”, “Without Air (After)”)
  • E♭5 (“Soundless”, “Provenance of Hate”, “Without Air (Before)”)
  • D5 (“A Constant Run”, “All You Are”, “Future Is”, “Gemini”, “Guilty I Am”, “Heroes for Ghosts”, “Hunting Eye”, “Hymn” “Meltdown”, “Missing Seasons”, “Moonlit”, “Lifelines of Depths”,  “Paralyzed”, “Provenance of Hate”)
  • C♯5 (“I Can See Four Miles”, “Soundless”, “Without Air (After)”)
  • C5 (“Future Is”, “Gemini”, “Hunting Eye”, “Hymn”, “Meltdown”, “No One Spoke”, “Paralyzed”, “The West Pole”, “Without Air (Before)”)

Significant Low Notes:

• G3 (“All You Are”, “Areas”, “Below Zero”, “Future Is”, “Gemini I”, “Guilty I Am”, “I Can See Four Miles”, “Icebound”, “Lifelines of Depths”, “Hunting Eye”, “Meltdown”, “Missing Seasons”, “Moonlit”, “The West Pole”, “Wasted on the Living”, “Without Air (Before)”, “You Promised Me a Symphony” )
  • F♯3 (“A Constant Run”, “Below Zero”, “Heroes for Ghosts”, “Hunting Eye”, “Paralyzed”, “Soundless” “The West Pole”)
  • F3 (“No Bird Call”)
  • E3 (“I Can See Four Miles”, “Treasure”, “The West Pole”)
  • E♭3 (“Going North”)

*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise muffled/obscured in the song mix.

Silje is a Norwegian singer, current lead singer of The Gathering and Octavia Sperati.

Example:

Last edited by Lupa on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Lupa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Silje Wergeland

Post  Lupa on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:11 am

I need help with this:

At 1:31, when she starts singing "For what is the intention with no will, my will" there is a main harmony and a lower one in the background. I hear F♯3s and a small E3 when she sings "with no will" at 1:36 and then her voice bottoms at D3 and goes up to E3 and F♯3 when singing "my will" at 1:38 in the background. Can someone help me out here?  In Love

At 2:45 there is a lower background harmony one octave lower than the main one. Is it a D3 right at the beginning of it? Then again, another D3 at 2:55. I can't hear the background vocals clearly, but the melody suggests there is a D3 there, considering she hits D4 in the main harmony and the lower one is one octave lower. Also, some E♭3s at 2:57?

Also, in Heroes for Ghosts (the song I posted as an example of her vocals), I think there is a really brief C♯3 at 2:53, but I don't know if it's worth considering.
Lupa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:03 am

I think I hear F♯3 as the lowest for the backing vocal in the first one.

In the second ones, the D3s are too faint for me to hear if they are there. I do hear the E♭3s later.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top