Rik Emmett

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rik Emmett

Post  Zedd Squared on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Variance in Nut Content: No Nut Tenor (early era), Barely Nut Tenor (1984 up through the 90s), "May Contain Nuts" Tenor (present day)
Vocal range: C♯2-B5

High notes:

• B5 ("Big Lie", "Cool Down")
  • A5 ("Be My Lover", "Hot Time (In This City Tonight)", "Lay It On the Line", "New York City Streets Pt 2")
  • G5 ("All The Way", "Drive Time", "Fight the Good Fight" live, "Hot Time (In This City Tonight)", "In The Night", "Lay It On the Line", "Long Time Gone", "Never Say Never", "Never Surrender", "Ordinary Man", "Saved By Love", "Smart, Fast, Mean and Lucky", "Time Canon", "World of Fantasy")
  • F♯5 ("Hard Road", "If Only", "Play With The Fire", "Somebody's Out There", "Street Fighter", "Take A Stand")
  • F5 ("Drive Time", "Fight the Good Fight", "Heaven Only Knows", "In The Night", "Just a Game", "World Of Fantasy")
  • E5 ("All The Way", "Can't Lie to Myself", "Cool Down", "Drive Time", "Empty Inside", "Fight the Good Fight", "Follow Your Heart", "Hot Time (In This City Tonight)", "If Only", "Lay It On the Line", "Let Me Get Next To You", "Let The Light", "Never Say Never", "Never Surrender", "New York City Streets Pt 2", "On and On", "Ordinary Man", "Play with the Fire", "Say Goodbye", "Smart, Fast, Mean and Lucky", "Stranger In A Strange Land", "Street Fighter", "Take A Stand", "The City", "The Way You Love Me", "Time Goes By", "World Of Fantasy", "Writing On The Wall")
  • E♭5 ("Bang On", "In The Night", "Say Goodbye", "Smart, Fast, Mean and Lucky", "Stand and Deliver")
  • D5 ("Easy Life", "Fight the Good Fight", "Just a Game", "Play with the Fire", "Rainbow Man", "Smart, Fast, Mean and Lucky", "Somebody's Out There", "Straight Up", "Street Fighter (Reprise)")
  • C♯5 ("Heaven In Your Heart", "Hold On", "Somebody's Out There")
  • C5 ("Be My Lover", "Bringing it On Home", "Easy Life", "Smart, Fast, Mean and Lucky")
  • B4 ("24 Hours a Day", "Ask", "Be My Lover", "Blinding Light Show", "Breakaway", "Hard Road", "Never Say Never", "Play with the Fire", "Somebody's Out There", "Street Fighter", "Street Fighter (Reprise)")

Low notes:

• E3 ("24 Hours a Day", "Ask", "Blinding Light Show", "Middle Ground", "Only a Fool", "Ordinary Man", "Take My Heart", "The City", "True Hearts", "Way Back Home")
  • D3 ("Ask", "Breakaway", "Meet You There", "Moment of Truth", "Ordinary Man", "Smart, Fast, Mean and Lucky", "Suitcase Blues")
  • C♯3 ("Beacon Street Hotel", "Do Me Good", "Say Goodbye", "Wicked Miss")
  • C3 ("Butterfly Lullaby", "Suitcase Blues")
  • B2 ("Beacon Street Hotel", "Hard Road", "Meet You There", "Time Canon")
  • A2 ("Butterfly Lullaby")
  • G2 ("Butterfly Lullaby")
  • F♯2 ("Do Me Good")
  • C♯2 (Demonstrated in an interview)

Rik Emmett is the multi-skilled singer and guitarist of the classic Canadian rock band Triumph. Most known for his very naturally high voice (often compared to Rush's Geddy Lee), he's maintained a powerful and fairly effortless high range throughout his entire career. Over the years his voice has deepened and matured, eventually developing a more prominent rasp. While rarely utilizing his lower range, he has shown the ability to have a warmer sound in his mid and lower ranges than one would expect from his insane high range.
*Underlines mark notes found in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Last edited by Whackooyzero on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:25 am; edited 10 times in total
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rik Emmett

Post  Molandfreak on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Why is this a sticky? Cheeky
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedd Squared on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Huh? I see it posted as a normal topic currently.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:55 pm

It was a sticky for a while
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  zhangyusheng0327 on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:04 pm

I think I heard an E6 (or E5??) in Never Say Never, time stamp is around 2:20.
zhangyusheng0327

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top