Nate Ruess

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nate Ruess

Post  Rockyusa on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:49 pm

anniegraves wrote:His new solo single has some significant notes in it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVvkfcL9HI

(The official version of the song's on Spotify and iTunes but not yet YouTube, so I just went off of the music video version.)

At 0:42, 1:06, and a couple other times throughout the song, "I" is a B♭4. (Not sure if we're recording those for him though, since the lowest high note in the OP is a B4.) At 2:29 "state" is around a C3, I believe. At 2:48 there are a couple notes around C5 (I think "show" gets up to to a C♯5?). There are a couple more C5s (3:00 and 4:00), and I believe C♯5s at 4:11. The backing vocals at around 4:32 get pretty high (up to a G♯5, I'm saying tentatively), but I'll let someone with more experience note-watching then me confirm that, haha.

Altogether, this song's pretty reminiscent of the stuff he'd been doing with fun., and I think it's a pretty solid song for his first solo single.

The end around 4:32 seems to top around an E♭5, although I will say there seems to be an F♯5 to F5 in the beginning (around 0:09). It seems like distorted/background vocals, considering the rest of the intro seems to be a mash-up of such. Could always use more opinions on these timestamps, though
Rockyusa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xale on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Rockyusa wrote:
anniegraves wrote:His new solo single has some significant notes in it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssVvkfcL9HI

(The official version of the song's on Spotify and iTunes but not yet YouTube, so I just went off of the music video version.)

At 0:42, 1:06, and a couple other times throughout the song, "I" is a B♭4. (Not sure if we're recording those for him though, since the lowest high note in the OP is a B4.) At 2:29 "state" is around a C3, I believe. At 2:48 there are a couple notes around C5 (I think "show" gets up to to a C♯5?). There are a couple more C5s (3:00 and 4:00), and I believe C♯5s at 4:11. The backing vocals at around 4:32 get pretty high (up to a G♯5, I'm saying tentatively), but I'll let someone with more experience note-watching then me confirm that, haha.

Altogether, this song's pretty reminiscent of the stuff he'd been doing with fun., and I think it's a pretty solid song for his first solo single.

The end around 4:32 seems to top around an E♭5, although I will say there seems to be an F♯5 to F5 in the beginning (around 0:09). It seems like distorted/background vocals, considering the rest of the intro seems to be a mash-up of such. Could always use more opinions on these timestamps, though

Yeah, and that intro part's not in the official track anyway. Also, I know Nate has used a vocoder in some of his previous songs, so it's entirely possible some of the high harmonies are that (though honestly I bet he could hit those notes if need be).
xale

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:34 am

B4 in the chorus of Be Calm, idk how OP missed that haha

then another B4 on "came a SONG" in the bridge, followed by a powerful E5 on both "reMEmber" and "MElody"

Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Sat May 09, 2015 12:15 am

calm the fuck down and shave your dirt stache', nate
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Betzer on Wed May 13, 2015 3:24 pm

Really nice performance here.

Also Some nice singing here.
Betzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockyusa on Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Wasn't expecting him to go for it, but a full G5 from "Just Give Me a Reason" at 4:50

Rockyusa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top