Victoria Justice

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Victoria Justice

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:46 am

Recorded vocal range: E3-G5

Significant high notes:

• G5 ("Beggin' On Your Knees")
  • F♯5 ("Faster Than Boys", "L.A. Boyz", "Make It In America", "Tell Me That You Love Me")
  • F5 ("Don't You(Forget About Me)", "Take A Hint", "Beggin' On Your Knees")
  • E5 ("Make It In America", "Cheer Me Up", "Faster Than Boys", "Here's 2 Us")
  • E♭5 ("Best Friends Brother", "L.A. Boyz", "Finally Falling", "All I Want Is Everything")
  • D5 ("Shut Up N'Dance", "Beggin' On Your Knees", "Bad Boyz")
  • C5 ("Make It Shine", "You're The Reason")
  • B4 ("Best Friends Brother")

Significant low notes:

• G3 ("Take A Hint", "Don't You(Forget About Me)", "I Want You Back", "Freak The Freak Out")
  • F♯3 ("Here's 2 Us", "Cheer Me Up", "Tell Me That You Love Me")
  • F3 ("Freak The Freak Out", "Bad Boys", "Make It Shine")
  • E3 ("Make It In America", "Tell Me That You Love Me")
*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Purple or Underlines mark notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured.
*Italics mark non-sung notes..

Last edited by Iamnotafraid65 on Fri May 15, 2015 12:40 am; edited 91 times in total
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Victoria Justice

Post  Karl on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:56 am

If you got the notes from here (which it appears you have) the D3 is actually an F3.
0:33 There is no E3 there.

You can hardly hear the G5, it would be best to mark backing vocals with underlines.

Also, I really hope all of your threads aren't made assuming these vocal range videos are always 100% accurate. It looks like they are, and you haven't put any actual effort into pitching the notes yourself to confirm the pitches.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:12 am

Karl wrote:
If you got the notes from here (which it appears you have) the D3 is actually an F3.
0:33 There is no E3 there.

You can hardly hear the G5, it would be best to mark backing vocals with underlines.

Also, I really hope all of your threads aren't made assuming these vocal range videos are always 100% accurate. It looks like they are, and you haven't put any actual effort into pitching the notes yourself to confirm the pitches.

Yeah man I'm sorry, I've just been like super swamped with work lately.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:14 am

That's a reason to avoid making/maintaining threads. Cop

Last edited by Karl on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:15 am

You're one hundred percent right, can you ever forgive me?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:17 am

Ask your work that

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:19 am

Karl wrote:Ask your work that

Well will you help me? Not with work obviously, but with like some tips and "tricks" on note watching?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:

Well will you help me? Not with work obviously, but with like some tips and "tricks" on note watching?

I'm obviously not an expert myself; but what do you mean "tips and tricks"?

1.You know about the online piano for pitching, right?

http://www.play-the-piano-online.com/from-classic-piano-to-virtual-piano-keyboard

2.Most of the members here will be/are against "nano-cruisy" notes that you find; whether or not your singer has more sustained notes or versions of the same note. So find them and list them if you want if you're the OP of a singer's thread; just know some may not agree on whether or not it's worth it.

3.When you find a note; obviously time-stamp the point of the song/performance in which that note is made and maybe even bold/emphasize on the word or part of the word that is the note.

4.Practice makes perfect? I don't know what else there is to say; I assume you know all the new/current thread outlines and how to manage your OP?
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:36 am

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:

http://www.play-the-piano-online.com/from-classic-piano-to-virtual-piano-keyboard

2.Most of the members here will be/are against "nano-cruisy" notes that you find; whether or not your singer has more sustained notes or versions of the same note. So find them and list them if you want if you're the OP of a singer's thread; just know some may not agree on whether or not it's worth it.

3.When you find a note; obviously time-stamp the point of the song/performance in which that note is made and maybe even bold/emphasize on the word or part of the word that is the note.

4.Practice makes perfect? I don't know what else there is to say; I assume you know all the new/current thread outlines and how to manage your OP?

This is actually a big help. Thanks man, but why you helping me? I mean pretty much everyone on the forum hates me.

Last edited by Iamnotafraid65 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:40 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:

This is actually a big help, thanks man Smile

You're welcome, I suppose; But I should mention; #2 "nano-cruisy" is fancy way of saying "too short/short" incase you didn't know already......in #3's case; I mainly use that for if I don't know what the note is myself (which is pretty much 100% of the time) But if you're a confident enough pitcher that you don't need other opinions while doing your OP; then I don't think that's necessary for every note/every time you find one? I could be wrong, though.
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:46 am

I'm grateful for your help don't get me wrong, but again, why you helping me? I mean basically everyone on this forum hates my guts.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:04 pm

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:I'm grateful for your help don't get me wrong, but again, why you helping me? I mean basically everyone on this forum hates my guts.

I don't yet have a reason to hate your guts or anyone's guts on this forum. Let's hope that I don't get one, either.
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:09 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:I'm grateful for your help don't get me wrong, but again, why you helping me? I mean basically everyone on this forum hates my guts.

I don't yet have a reason to hate your guts or anyone's guts on this forum. Let's hope that I don't get one, either.

I'll hope for the both of us.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:14 pm

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Okay. P.S - Is it sad how I originally knew her by her role on Zoey 101 as Lola Martinez? I thought she looked familiar!
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:16 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Okay. P.S - Is it sad how I originally knew her by her role on Zoey 101 as Lola Martinez? I thought she looked familiar!

Of course not! Whenever I think of Victoria Justice I think of Lola and Tori on Victorious, I believe that was one of if not her very first role on television.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:40 pm

I know her from Victorious, but man does she suck vocally in comparison to Ariana!

Plus, Iamnotafraid65, you still haven't removed that D3.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Karl wrote:I know her from Victorious, but man does she suck vocally in comparison to Ariana!

C'mon so she doesn't have the best voice or the biggest range, she's got a beautiful dramatic voice. Not everyone can have a vocal range spanning 4 octaves.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:51 pm

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
Karl wrote:I know her from Victorious, but man does she suck vocally in comparison to Ariana!

C'mon so she doesn't have the best voice or the biggest range, she's got a beautiful dramatic voice. Not everyone can have a vocal range spanning 4 octaves.

Pretty much just about every singer with a thread on The Range Place seems to have one, though. And I used to think 4 octaves was rare! Wow was I wrong.
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:53 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:

Pretty much just about every singer with a thread on The Range Place seems to have one, though. And I used to think 4 octaves was rare! Wow was I wrong.

Well who do you mean?
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:55 pm

I wasn't comparing ranges, rather note tone and mannerisms.
And sheakenbaken, a good-sounding 3 octave range is rare in the real world if not on this website.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:57 pm

Karl wrote:I wasn't comparing ranges, rather note tone and mannerisms.
And sheakenbaken, a good-sounding 3 octave range is rare in the real world if not on this website.

See everyone thinks Ariana's so much better than her, but I always have been and always will be a Victoria Justice fan.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:

Well who do you mean?

When I first learned that Myles Kennedy had a 4 octave vocal range (well technically speaking he might be a just semitone under 4 if you don't count the F♯6) I was super happy knowing my fave singer had that much range and how awesome it was. Ever since I joined this forum; I've seen pretty much all the threads here and almost 60-70% of them seems to have anywhere from 3-6/7 octaves. So 4 is underwhelming to me now.
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:00 pm

Karl wrote:And sheakenbaken, a good-sounding 3 octave range is rare in the real world if not on this website.

Well this website makes it seem pretty common that's for sure.
SHEAKENBAKEN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:02 pm

I don't know of anyone who fits this description, but I'm not particularly fond of people saying stuff like this. If you assume that you're "hated", just try hard to "redeem" yourself. Listen to what other users have to say and accept their criticism, don't get offended, and just try to do your best (sounds stupid and whatever but seriously). If you're trying your best to be a constructive member of this forum, you will be liked. If you make mistakes, learn from them. Life lessons apply here on TRP too.
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timqwe on Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:42 pm

I'd much rather listen to Liz, can't stand Ariana
Timqwe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top