Jon Cozart (Paint)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Antler on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:52 pm


Voice Type: Baritone
Vocal Range: D2 - F5

Significant high notes:
F5 ("Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds")
D♯5 ("After Ever After 2")
D5 ("After Ever After 2", "Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds", "O Holy Night" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Reflection" ("PAINTCHIPS" Introduction Video))
C♯5 ("White Christmas" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
C5 ("White Christmas" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
B4 ("O Holy Night" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
A♯4 ("Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
A4 ("Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds", "O Holy Night" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
G♯4 ("After Ever After")
G4 ("O Holy Night" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "After Ever After 2", "The Boy With the Bread", "Boy Brand", "Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds", "Movie Villain Medley", "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
F♯4 ("After Ever After", "After Ever After 2", "Movie Villain Medley", "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
F4 ("After Ever After", "After Ever After 2", "Harry Potter in 99 Seconds", "I'm Yours", "Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds", "Mary, Did You Know?" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Movie Villain Medley")
E4 ("The Boy With the Bread", "Deck the Halls" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Drops of Jupiter", "Edge of Glory", "Harry Potter in 99 Seconds", "I'm Yours", "Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds", "O Holy Night" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))

Significant low notes:
B2 ("After Ever After", "After Ever After 2", "Boy Brand", "Fame", "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Movie Villain Medley", "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Share The Love")
A♯2 ("After Ever After", "After Ever After 2", "Movie Villain Medley", "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
A2 ("After Ever After", "Boy Brand", "Cup Song", "Deck the Halls" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Harry Potter in 99 Seconds", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
G♯2 ("After Ever After", "Harry Potter in 99 Seconds")
G2 ("After Ever After", "After Ever After 2", "Boy Brand", "The Boy With the Bread", "Cup Song", "Duet With Myself", "Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds", "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Share The Love", "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))
F♯2 ("After Ever After")
F2 ("After Ever After", "After Ever After 2", "Lord of the Rings in 99 Seconds")
E2 ("After Ever After 2")
D♯2 ("After Ever After 2")
D2 ("After Ever After 2", "O Holy Night" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"), "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" ("Progressive Christmas Carols"))

.......................................................
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.


Spoiler:



Last edited by Antler on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:02 am; edited 9 times in total
avatar
Antler

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-08-17
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  AcapellaBass on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Yes, finally! Very Happy

There's an awesome G4 in "Boy/Man With The Bread", it's sung live during CapCom or so, check it out.
I think I have some notes that aren't in the list yet, I'll post them in a few hours Smile

Forgot about the C5 and D5 at the beginning of this video.
Also, does the vocal fry G#1 at the end count, seeing it's spoken and he is sick there?



There's a red G#4 in his "GLEE Audition", which I think is quite worth it adding to the list Dance

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Antler on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:27 pm

AcapellaBass wrote:Yes, finally! Very Happy

There's an awesome G4 in "Boy/Man With The Bread", it's sung live during CapCom or so, check it out.
I think I have some notes that aren't in the list yet, I'll post them in a few hours Smile

Forgot about the C5 and D5 at the beginning of this video.
Also, does the vocal fry G#1 at the end count, seeing it's spoken and he is sick there?

There's a red G#4 in his "GLEE Audition", which I think is quite worth it adding to the list Dance

Thanks!

I added a few notes from "The Boy with the Bread", and I'm reasonably certain Jon was singing "Reflection" from Mulan in the beginning of the Paintchips video, so I added that as well. Not sure what to do with the split-second C5, though - I'm not sure I would count it as significant. I'm also not going to add the fry note because fry is pretty gray area in general, and with him being sick and all...I also wouldn't consider it significant.

Do you mean the G4 at the end of Edge of Glory? I thought about adding that, but decided against it, seeing as he has several better G4s in other songs.
avatar
Antler

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-08-17
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Yeah, but it's his highest chest note so far - it's a raw G#4 Smile
It's a red note, but an awesome note nonetheless.

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  MrChongHead on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:49 pm

Does he have a D2 at the end of the Mulan section of After Ever After? Or is that me?

MrChongHead

Posts : 206
Join date : 2014-02-14
Age : 19
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  AcapellaBass on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:08 am

Sure sounds like it in my opinion, he's awesome! Dance

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Antler on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:41 pm

AcapellaBass wrote:Yeah, but it's his highest chest note so far - it's a raw G#4 Smile
It's a red note, but an awesome note nonetheless.

Sorry - I don't hear the G#, I've tried pitching it a few times and I'm consistently getting a G4. If you can back up that it's a G#4, I'll add it to the post.

MrChongHead wrote:Does he have a D2 at the end of the Mulan section of After Ever After? Or is that me?

Good catch.
avatar
Antler

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-08-17
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  BioHazard634 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:44 pm

Not trying to be a nuisance, but don't you think "After Ever After" and "After Ever After 2" are a listed a few too many times? Are all of those lows really each individually significant?
avatar
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

Posts : 1118
Join date : 2014-06-01
Age : 22
Location : Connecticut, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Antler on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:53 pm

BioHazard634 wrote:Not trying to be a nuisance, but don't you think "After Ever After" and "After Ever After 2" are a listed a few too many times? Are all of those lows really each individually significant?

Most of them are, yeah. Along with being his most well known videos, the After Ever Afters showcase his vocal ability and range more than anything else, and what with the fact that they're mostly comprised of multipart harmony, there are a lot of significant lows.
avatar
Antler

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-08-17
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  BioHazard634 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Okay, fair enough. Smile
avatar
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

Posts : 1118
Join date : 2014-06-01
Age : 22
Location : Connecticut, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:15 pm

23 notes from a two-part video/song. I think I've seen it all now on this place Laughing
avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN

Posts : 538
Join date : 2014-07-28
Age : 22
Location : Canada, Eh.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  BioHazard634 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:22 pm

Hahaha I love how you counted them (I did a recount just to make sure). Yeah, that is quite a bit. Maybe "lowering" his lows would help. If he can hit down to a D2, I don't really think C3 is that significant. B2 is the most common starting point for baritones, but you do as you please, these are merely suggestions.
avatar
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

Posts : 1118
Join date : 2014-06-01
Age : 22
Location : Connecticut, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  SHEAKENBAKEN on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:30 pm

BioHazard634 wrote:Hahaha I love how you counted them (I did a recount just to make sure).

Very Happy Counting things is something a do a lot of, actually, for some reason. That and keeping track of statistics; I guess that's part of the reason I'm still here (that and I love this place; it's very interesting and it has a good community (for the most part Laughing )...and my undying obsessession of Myles Kennedy.... Freak
avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN

Posts : 538
Join date : 2014-07-28
Age : 22
Location : Canada, Eh.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Antler on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:35 pm

BioHazard634 wrote:Hahaha I love how you counted them (I did a recount just to make sure). Yeah, that is quite a bit. Maybe "lowering" his lows would help. If he can hit down to a D2, I don't really think C3 is that significant. B2 is the most common starting point for baritones, but you do as you please, these are merely suggestions.

You're not wrong. I think I have a lot of C3s left over because I originally had a lower bar for high notes as well when I was drafting the thread. Perhaps a recount will be in order soon...
avatar
Antler

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-08-17
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Hopscotch on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:09 pm

BioHazard634 wrote:Hahaha I love how you counted them (I did a recount just to make sure). Yeah, that is quite a bit. Maybe "lowering" his lows would help. If he can hit down to a D2, I don't really think C3 is that significant. B2 is the most common starting point for baritones, but you do as you please, these are merely suggestions.
I disagree. "x note isn't significant because the singer can hit x higher/lower note" is the kind of logic that can lead people to ignoring a lot of great notes at less-extreme pitches. I wouldn't say voice type is something that should play a deciding role in these sorts of judgments either, personally. If C3s sound low in his range, the fact that he's hit a D2 before shouldn't affect how countable they are.
avatar
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

Posts : 6790
Join date : 2012-11-29
Location : ChiCAHgo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Antler on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:22 pm

Wanderlust wrote:
BioHazard634 wrote:Hahaha I love how you counted them (I did a recount just to make sure). Yeah, that is quite a bit. Maybe "lowering" his lows would help. If he can hit down to a D2, I don't really think C3 is that significant. B2 is the most common starting point for baritones, but you do as you please, these are merely suggestions.
I disagree. "x note isn't significant because the singer can hit x higher/lower note" is the kind of logic that can lead people to ignoring a lot of great notes at less-extreme pitches. I wouldn't say voice type is something that should play a deciding role in these sorts of judgments either, personally. If C3s sound low in his range, the fact that he's hit a D2 before shouldn't affect how countable they are.

I agree with this in general, but I'm not sure that C3 is significant enough to be included in Cozart's list specifically. I see what BioHazard was getting at; there were way more C3s than any other low note, making them seem superfluous.
avatar
Antler

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-08-17
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  BioHazard634 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:26 am

Wanderlust wrote:
BioHazard634 wrote:Hahaha I love how you counted them (I did a recount just to make sure). Yeah, that is quite a bit. Maybe "lowering" his lows would help. If he can hit down to a D2, I don't really think C3 is that significant. B2 is the most common starting point for baritones, but you do as you please, these are merely suggestions.
I disagree. "x note isn't significant because the singer can hit x higher/lower note" is the kind of logic that can lead people to ignoring a lot of great notes at less-extreme pitches. I wouldn't say voice type is something that should play a deciding role in these sorts of judgments either, personally. If C3s sound low in his range, the fact that he's hit a D2 before shouldn't affect how countable they are.
I'm just saying that in this case, having a C3, B2, B♭2, A2, G♯2, G2, F♯2, and F2 (and lower for "part 2") listed from one song looks like a little much, and so maybe the higher ones aren't as significant. I don't know his voice as I've never listened to him, but just from seeing the thread, I thought that a removal of the higher low notes was in order. I understand what you mean though. However, if I followed that logic, my Donald Fagen thread would have his lows extend up to G3, if not even A3 (which probably wouldn't be so bad, seeing as he doesn't have many at all).
avatar
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

Posts : 1118
Join date : 2014-06-01
Age : 22
Location : Connecticut, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  AcapellaBass on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:19 am

Jon teamed up with Peter Hollens (yeaahh!!) and released "Boy Band Parody" yesterday, it's awesome!
So far I spot a falsetto F4 at 2:36, a chest G4 at 3:36 and a bit of an airy G2 at 1:10 Smile


AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Antler on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:26 am

AcapellaBass wrote:Jon teamed up with Peter Hollens (yeaahh!!) and released "Boy Band Parody" yesterday, it's awesome!
So far I spot a falsetto F4 at 2:36, a chest G4 at 3:36 and a bit of an airy G2 at 1:10 Smile



Good catches!
avatar
Antler

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-08-17
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:47 am

Thanks!
I also seem to hear a Bb4 in chest at 3:30 from Jon (the one in the bottom right of the screen, it somehow seems to me). Opinions?

Also, E2's at 0:55?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEZHG7IB68I

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  AcapellaBass on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:24 am

He's got a funny new video out: falsetto B4 at 3:08, D2 at 0:30 and 3:37, falsetto D5 at 3:39 and a lovely G4 at 3:49.
And ... Is that a C2 at 3:03? Smile


AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Starman on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:06 am

The most Tenor looking Baritone I've ever seen Laughing
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Antler on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:02 am

AcapellaBass wrote:He's got a funny new video out: falsetto B4 at 3:08, D2 at 0:30 and 3:37, falsetto D5 at 3:39 and a lovely G4 at 3:49.
And ... Is that a C2 at 3:03? Smile


Thanks! I didn't hear any C2s, though.
avatar
Antler

Posts : 86
Join date : 2014-08-17
Location : Colorado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:17 am

The harmonies threw me off I think, I now hear it as an E2. My apologies!

How about the Bb4 in Boy Brand in the background at 3:30?

EDIT
By the way, a laugh-screamed B5/C6 probably doesn't count, does it? Very Happy

(4:55)

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  AcapellaBass on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:32 am

I hope this thread hasn't been abandoned?

An E2 as first note, falsetto B4 a little after that.
There's a D2 at 0:18, falsetto D5 at 0:35, chest G4 at 1:33.


AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Cozart (Paint)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum