John Gallagher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

John Gallagher

Post  Bassman on Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:17 am

CURRENT STATUS: UNFINISHED

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: E3-F6

Significant High Notes:

F6 ("Bring The Hammer Down", "Over The Top")
E6 ("Hell Patrol")
E♭6 ("Hellraiser/Action", "Lambs To The Slaughter")
C6 ("Crazy World")
B5 ("Bring The Hammer Down", "Fire Power", "Inquisitor", "Over The Top", "Read All About It")
B♭5 ("Hellraiser/Action", "Wiped Out")
A5 ("Crazy World", "Hell Patrol", "Hellraiser/Action", "inquisitor", "Nobody's Hero", "Over The Top", "Rock Until You Drop")
G♯5 ("Don't Need Your Money", "Faster Than The Speed Of Light", "Hell Patrol", "Wiped Out")
G5 ("Bring The Hammer Down", "Crazy World", "Faster Than The Speed Of Light", "Fire Power", "For The Future", "Tyrant Of The Airways")
F♯5 ("Tyrant Of The Airways")
F5 ("Inquisitor", "Lambs To The Slaughter")
E5 ("Bring The Hammer Down", "Fire Power", "For The Future", "Hard Ride", "Hell Patrol", "Inquisitor", "Lambs To The Slaughter", "Nobody's Hero", "Rock Until You Drop", "Tyrant Of The Airways")
E♭5 ("Hell Patrol", "Wiped Out")
D5 ("Faster Than The Speed Of Light", "Hellraiser/Action", "Read All About It")

Significant Low Notes:

E3 ("For The Future")

Bassist and lead vocalist of the NWOBHM band Raven. I'm taking over this thread and starting from scratch, since MyFairyKing is gone and all.
John Gallagher seems to have a normal tenor voice at first, but as you start to listen a little longer, you'll discover a crazy voice that loves to go crazy high. I'm surprised with the amount of technique and ease this guy has in the high areas. Every song contains at least three insane high notes, hence a lot of repeated song titles. It's quite hard to distinguish significant notes from insignificant, since he pretty much hits a high note every ten seconds, so apologies if a certain note is not on there, or if there's a note on there that's not deemed significant.

I only checked their debut album, there's a lot more to add, trust me. I haven't even started.  

Rock Until You Drop: CHECKED
Wiped Out: UNCHECKED
All For One: UNCHECKED
Stay Hard: UNCHECKED
The Pack Is Back: UNCHECKED
Life's A Bitch: UNCHECKED
Nothing Exceeds Like Excess: UNCHECKED
Architect Of Fear: UNCHECKED
Glow: UNCHECKED
Everything Louder: UNCHECKED
One For All: UNCHECKED
Walk Through Fire: UNCHECKED

.................................................................................................................................................
*Purple marks notes in backing vocal or otherwise obscured in the mix.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes, or relatively short notes.

Bassman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top