Kelsey Grammer

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 pm

Voice Type: Sideshow Baritone
Vocal Range: B♭1-A4

Significant High Notes:
A4 - Oh Joy, Oh Rapture Unforeseen"
G4 - "Tossed Salads And Scrambled Eggs (Soundtrack Version)"
F4 - "Buttons And Bows"
E4 - "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face", "My Gallant Crew, Good Morning", "Vesti la Giubba"
E♭4 - "Great Balls of Fire"
D4 - "Behold The Lord High Executioner", "I'm Called Little Buttercup", "Oh Babe, What Would You Say?", "Tossed Salads And Scrambled Eggs (Fraiser Theme)", "You're Just In Love (I Wonder Why)"
C4 - "Buttons And Bows", "The Star Spangled Banner" live '96, "You're Just In Love (I Wonder Why)"

Significant Low Notes:
C3 - "Buttons And Bows"
B2 - "Vesti la Giubba"
A2 - "Sweet Caroline (Silly Duet With Randy Couture)"
G♯2 - "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face", "Tossed Salads And Scrambled Eggs (Soundtrack Version)"
G2 - Singing Wagner on Fraiser
F♯2 - "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye"
F2 - "Major-General's Song", "Somethin' Stupid", "The Star Spangled Banner" live '96, "Tossed Salads And Scrambled Eggs (Soundtrack Version)", "We Sail The Ocean Blue"
E2 - "The Star Spangled Banner" live '96
E♭2- "These Feet Were Made for Stompin'"
C2 - "My Gallant Crew, Good Morning"
B♭1 - "Vesti la Giubba"

Kelsey Grammer is mostly known for playing Dr. Fraiser Crane on the television series Cheers, and its spinoff Fraiser, as well as the sociopathic killer Sideshow Bob in The Simpsons. While an excellent actor, Grammer is also an excellent singer, who mostly sings like a jazz style crooner in a lot of roles, but has also sang on broadway, and was nominated for a Tony award. He lower range is pretty strong, and his rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" has some nice lower singing in it.

Last edited by KeithMoonIsGod on Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:32 pm; edited 5 times in total
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kelsey Grammer

Post  Molandfreak on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:05 pm

Woo hoo! Neat to see a thread for him. Have you checked out any of his Simpson's appearances? I remember an episode where Sideshow Bob sings an entire opera because Bart was stalling his attempted murder on a houseboat. Smile
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:30 pm

I found a compilation of Sideshow Bob's songs in the Simpsons, and I was attempting to pitch some of the notes in them but I could not find the song titles. Some nice low notes in them though!
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Notewatching the episode "Krusty Gets Busted" now. He hits an F♯2 singing "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye" by Ray Charles. There's a spoken C2 at the end, too, but it isn't that interesting and plus I think he's sung that low or lower elsewhere.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:34 pm

Bart asked Sideshow Bob to sing the entire score of H.M.S. Pinafore in "Cape Feare." I gathered:
F2- "We Sail The Ocean Blue"
D4- "I'm Called Little Buttercup"
E4 and spoken C2- "My Gallant Crew, Good Morning"
A4- "Oh Joy, Oh Rapture Unforeseen"

I'll just save you the trouble of looking through 500 posts of mine and give you all the songs I can gather from the compilation now. Yeah!
brief E2 and C4- "Top of the World"
F2- "Somethin' Stupid"
G♯2 and E4- "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" (parody of I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face)
E♭2- "These Feet Were Made for Stompin'" (parody of These Shoes Were Made For Walkin')

E4, B2, unintentional (hiccuped presumably) B♭4- Vesti la Giubba
It's important to note at the end of the compilation, he gets a spoken B♭1, which may or may not be an actual, intended spoken part in Vesti la Giubba... At about 4:36.

On to the second compilation now.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:25 pm

Well, apparently that second compilation was exactly the same as the first, adding only one song.
D4- "Behold The Lord High Executioner"

There was a Sideshow Bob episode that aired recently. I'll watch it and see if he sings. Wink
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Molandfreak wrote:E4, B2, unintentional (hiccuped presumably) B♭4- Vesti la Giubba

It's intentional, but not very notable or significant.
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:50 am

Molandfreak wrote:I'll just save you the trouble of looking through 500 posts of mine and give you all the songs I can gather from the compilation now. Yeah!
brief E2 and C4- "Top of the World"
F2- "Somethin' Stupid"
G♯2 and E4- "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face" (parody of I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face)
E♭2- "These Feet Were Made for Stompin'" (parody of These Shoes Were Made For Walkin')

E4, B2, unintentional (hiccuped presumably) B♭4- Vesti la Giubba
It's important to note at the end of the compilation, he gets a spoken B♭1, which may or may not be an actual, intended spoken part in Vesti la Giubba... At about 4:36.
That B♭1 was pretty strong, so I'd be inclined to say it's worth counting TMI
I appreciate the notes, but the "Top of The World" cover is apparently David Hyde Pierce playing Bob's brother.
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:40 pm

Been watching Fraiser and found a few clips of Grammer hitting some amusing notes.

Sung E2(?) 49 seconds in. I think those are G2s he's singing before and after.

E♭4s when singing the opening lines of "Great Balls of Fire," but I can't figure the note he hits on the actual line "great balls of fire!"
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top