James Durbin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

James Durbin

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:43 am

Voice type: Tenor
Vocal range: G♯2-C6

Significant high notes:
C6 ("Love Me Bad")
A5 ("Love in Ruins", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" live)
G5 ("Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" live, "Love Potion No. 9", "Whole Lotta Love" live)
F♯5 ("You've Got Another Thing Comin'" live)
F5 ("Love Me Bad", "Uprising" live)
E5 ("Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" live, "Love Potion No. 9", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Will You Love Me Tomorrow")
D5 ("Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" live, "Love in Ruins", "Love Me Bad", "Love Potion No. 9", "Uprising", "Will You Love Me Tomorrow")
C♯5 ("Deeper", "Love in Ruins", "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" live)
C5 ("Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" live, "Going to California" live, "Love in Ruins", "Love Me Bad", "Will You Love Me Tomorrow")
B4 ("Going to California" live, "Love in Ruins", "Love Potion No. 9", "Real Love", "Whole Lotta Love" live, "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" live)
B♭4 ("Deeper", "Love Me Bad", "Whole Lotta Love" live)
A4 ("Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" live, "Going to California" live, "Love Me Bad", "Real Love", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Whole Lotta Love" live, "Will You Love Me Tomorrow", "You've Got Another Thing Comin'" live)

Significant low notes:
G♯2 ("Deeper")
A2 ("Going to California" live, "Love Her Madly" live)
B♭2 ("Deeper")
B2 ("Real Love", "The Crystal Ship" live)
C3 ("Love Me Bad", "Uprising")
C♯3 ("Deeper", "Real Love")
D3 ("Going to California" live, "Love Me Bad", "Real Love", "Whole Lotta Love" live)

Denotes backing or obscured vocals.

James became known to a mainstream audience for his 70's/80's rock & metal stylings on American Idol. Beyond his bombastic rock performances he shows aptitude for captivatingly gentle and subdued vocals, aswell as authentic emulation of a wide range of influences. His piercing high range is perhaps his trademark.

Back to top Go down

Re: James Durbin

Post  DarkMacek on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:14 pm

I saw him cover Rainbow in the Dark once, it was actually fantastic. Later that night Steel Panther pulled him out to do Sweet Child o Mine and he killed it again

DarkMacek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Betzer on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:20 am

This is just awesome.
Betzer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content