Sebastian Bach

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sebastian Bach

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:49 am

Listen to those two men wail during their prime! Incredible voices. The whole performance is an E5 galore, and Seb also goes for a G5 to prove that he's not worse than Cornell. Chris' voice has way more power, though, it's just unreal.
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewis on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:56 am

New song. Nice to see him release some new music. The song is enjoyable, not a big fan but I wouldn't call it bad, and features some good vocals. Reminds me of Fozzy.

The video though Cringe
Kewis
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lordhamleg on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 am

Kewis wrote:

New song. Nice to see him release some new music. The song is enjoyable, not a big fan but I wouldn't call it bad, and features some good vocals. Reminds me of Fozzy.

The video though Cringe

HA. That video just SCREAMS "I can't handle being in my forties."

lordhamleg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:08 pm

Surely a C5/C♯5 section should be put in?
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baritone on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:53 am

D5s in "When Love Comes Down"
D5s and briefly screamed G5 in "Knock Knock Baby"
Very briefly screamed F♯5 in "Dirty World"
D5s and G5 and very briefly yelped A5 in "Behind the 8 Ball"
E5 in "Rescue You"
G5 in "Shame Shame"

Those are all demos

Baritone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nirvawsome on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:22 pm

http://youtu.be/xmOUvRlGsW8 2:30 Mostly likely its not Bach but Its a wierd faint howl thing probably a sampled monkey scream.

Nirvawsome

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChongHead on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:24 am

Shouldn't this be moved to the Range Threads? There's a lot of information on here, and the person who started the thread is a guest...

MrChongHead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:33 am

MrChongHead wrote:Shouldn't this be moved to the Range Threads? There's a lot of information on here, and the person who started the thread is a guest...
If it's started by a guest that's even less reason for it to be in RT. An active user needs to take over this thread to keep up with any updates.
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChongHead on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:21 am

Ah, ok. Fair enough.

MrChongHead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:58 pm

MrChongHead wrote:Ah, ok. Fair enough.
This thread IS up for grabs if you think you can handle a thread this big.
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChongHead on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:31 pm

No, I wouldn't be able to handle it. Even though I'm on school holidays right now, my workloads going to get hectic really soon - this'd only be a hinderance.
Do you know anyone else who'd be willing to take the thread? I just think that this thread could see more significant improvement by someone recent (and good at notewatching) - this thread's been around since 2012, and maybe could use a regular update.

MrChongHead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clem on Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Surprisingly good performance considering this is way outside SB's normal style. Although very throaty, he actually manages to hit and sustain those 3 high notes at the end. Fair play https://youtu.be/YohPzM3wrAM?t=6m11s
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellion on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:09 am

This guy used to be a beast back in the day. He still seems to have power in his voice when he sings, but his screams and more aggressive singing sound a bit weird these days? Do you think it's because of all the drugs, drinking, extensive touring that he's done over the years, or is his distortion technique not that safe to use? Because I always thought that he's a good example of a rocker who knows his way around distortion but I'm not so sure anymore.

Hellion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clem on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:03 am

Hellion wrote:This guy used to be a beast back in the day. He still seems to have power in his voice when he sings, but his screams and more aggressive singing sound a bit weird these days? Do you think it's because of all the drugs, drinking, extensive touring that he's done over the years, or is his distortion technique not that safe to use? Because I always thought that he's a good example of a rocker who knows his way around distortion but I'm not so sure anymore.
I would say a lot of it comes down to getting older and heavy touring, and drink and drugs doesn't help either. But I think he was a singer with quite a lot of natural talent, rather than one that relentlessly worked on technique. Becoming famous quite young as well, he probably stopped practicing much when he wasn't touring or recording as many really talented singers like Geoff Tate have done, and had their voices suffer for it. It sounds like he pulls his chest voice up pretty high (bridging to mixed voice around D5) which is difficult to maintain as you get older even with a really high voice. But in regards to his distortion, I doubt that's done him much damage. That aspect of his voice has always sounded very solid to me, and distortion is one of the things if you get wrong can really rip your voice to shreds. Considering he's still retained a decent amount of what used to to be able to do from his twenties into his late forties I'd say his distortion technique must have been safe, as well as sounding good.
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clem on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:15 am

I would be pretty interested in taking over this thread if it needs a new owner. I do really enjoy SB's voice
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top