Bruno Mars

Post  Starman on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: C3-B5

Significant High Notes:

• B5 (''Take Me The Long Way Home'')
  • B♭5 (''Treasure'')
  • A5 (''Gorilla'')
  • G5 (''Again'', ''Our First Time'', ''Treasure'')
  • F5 (''Girl In The Window'', ''Gorilla'', ''The Other Side'', Somewhere In Brooklyn'', ''Uptown Funk'',''When I Was Your Man'' (live in Manchester 2013))
  • E5 (''Who Is'', ''I Will Always Love You'' (live on Q102), "Valerie" (live at New Pop Festival 2011))
  • E♭5 (''If I Knew'' (several live performances), ''Move On'')
  • D5 (''Beat It'' (live), ''Billie Jean'' (live), ''Dirty Diana'' (live), ''Gorilla'', ''Grenade'', ''It Will Rain'', ''Just The Way You Are'' (live at 2014 Superbowl Half Time Show), ''Locked Out Of Heaven'', ''Marry You'', ''Natalie'', ''So Lonely'' (live), ''Somewhere In Brooklyn'', ''Uptown Funk'', ''Valerie'' (live at MTV Music Awards 2011)
  • C♯5 (''I Will Always Love You'' (live on Q102), ''It Will Rain'', ''Lighters'', ''Liquor Store Blues'', ''Mirror'', ''Respect'' (live on Ellen),  ''Talking To The Moon'', ''Valerie'' (live at MTV Music Awards 2011), ''Young Girls'')
  • C5 (''Billie Jean'', (live)''Count On Me'', ''Dirty Diana'' (live),  ''Fire'' (live at BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge), ''Grenade'', ''If I Knew'', ''I Want You Back'', ''Just The Way You Are'', ''Locked Out Of Heaven'', ''Marry You'', ''Mirror'', ''Money (That's What I Want)'' (live), ''Moonshine'', ''Nothin' On You'', ''The Other Side'', ''Our First Time'', ''Show Me'', ''So Lonely'' (live), ''Somewhere In Brooklyn'', ''This Is My Love'', ''Treasure'', ''When I Was Your Man'')
  • B4 (''Baby'' (live), ''Beat It'' (live), ''Count On Me'', ''Gorilla'', ''I Will Always Love You'' (live on Q102), ''It Will Rain'', ''The Lazy Song'', ''Money Make Her Smile'', ''Moonshine'', ''Old & Crazy'', ''Our First Time'', ''Proud Mary'' (live on 96.7 Kiss FM) ''Talking To The Moon'', ''When I Was Your Man'', ''Valerie'' (live at MTV Music Awards 2011), Young Girls'')
  • B♭4 (''Billie Jean'' (live), ''Could You Be Loved'' (Grammy 2013), ''Dirty Diana'' (live),  ''Grenade'', ''If I Knew'', ''Just The Way You Are'', ''Lighters'', ''Locked Out Of Heaven'', ''Marry You'', ''Private Dancer'' (live on 96.7 KISS FM), ''Runaway Baby'', ''Somewhere In Brooklyn'', ''This Is My Love'', ''Treasure'')
  • A4 (''Billionaire'', ''Could You Be Loved'' (live at Grammys 2013), ''Count On Me'', ''Eye Of The Tiger'' (live on 96.7 KISS FM), ''Fire'' (live at BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge), ''Grenade'', ''I Will Always Love You'' (live on Q102), ''It Will Rain'', ''Just The Way You Are'', Marry You'', ''Money Make Her Smile'', ''Moonshine'', ''Natalie'', ''Nothin' On You'', ''Show Me'', ''Walking On The Moon'' (live at Grammys 2013), ''The Way You Make Me Feel'' (live on 96.7 KISS FM), ''When I Was Your Man'', ''Young Girls'', ''Young, Wild And Free'')

Significant Low Notes:

• F3 (''Just The Way You Are'', ''Message In A Bottle'' (live at Kennedy Center 2014), ''The Other Side'')
  • E3 (''California Gurls'' (live on BBC Radio 1), ''Our First Time'')
  • D3 (''Our First Time'', ''Uptown Funk'')
  • C♯3 (''Marry You'' (live on Total TV 2015))
  • C3 (''More Today Than Yesterday'' (live on The Big Show on 95.5 'PLJ))

*Purple marks notes found in backing harmony or general backing vocal.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Last edited by Starman on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:04 am; edited 15 times in total
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Bruno Mars

Post  Big Daddy on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:11 am

Why are we no longer marking chest voice vs non-modal? We should.

Big Daddy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:19 am

Bobby Martnen wrote:Why are we no longer marking chest voice vs non-modal? We should.
Ask this somewhere else. Not here

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:24 am

There really needs to be like somewhere on the forum where every new user is immediately redirected after joining and it explains exactly why things like these no longer happen on the forum and explains the kind of thread formats we aim for. At the moment, it seems like we are constantly explaining why we aren't doing certain things to new users and most new users (despite being warned multiple times) just continue doing them.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:26 am

Boohoo (Violin)

I agree!
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:01 am

Mainly because the garbage system is still allowed, for whatever reason.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:02 am

Holsety wrote:Mainly because the garbage system is still allowed, for whatever reason.
This. And also he isn't relatively that new of a user.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:03 am

Holsety wrote:Mainly because the garbage system is still allowed, for whatever reason.

Ya, we should really just get rid of that stupid colour system :/ I know I still have about 3 threads on that system, but maybe make an announcement changing the system and possibly banning it?
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:04 am

Karl wrote:
This. And also he isn't relatively that new of a user.

Lol. Just realised, he joined the forum a day after I did xD
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:08 am

Lets lay the last remnant of TRP 1.0 to rest. Down w/ colors!!!

That took forever to type right Laughing
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:10 am

wabba_treads wrote:Lets lay the last remnant of TRP 1.0 to rest. Down w/ colors

I really do think it's time we finally just got rid of that system. If we get rid of the old colour systems on the remaining threads, it's less likely new users (or just users in general) will keep asking the same questons.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 am

When does he sing C3 in "Moonshine"? I don't think he sings below A3. The C5 ending the bridge section is gorgeous.

Bobby Martnen wrote:Why are we no longer marking chest voice vs non-modal? We should.
I agree. It's strange for me to see people analyzing vocal range as a unit and yet ignoring the breaks in that unit.

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:47 am

Karl wrote:
Ask this somewhere else. Not here
I actually have the perfect place for you to discuss this: http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/t2865-to-blue-or-not-to-blue.
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:59 am

Starman wrote:There really needs to be like somewhere on the forum where every new user is immediately redirected after joining and it explains exactly why things like these no longer happen on the forum and explains the kind of thread formats we aim for. At the moment, it seems like we are constantly explaining why we aren't doing certain things to new users and most new users (despite being warned multiple times) just continue doing them.

Yeah, that or just redirect them right to the debates of "To blue or not to blue" thread so that could explain why TRP 2.0 is opposed to the old system nowadays in real time.
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:20 am

I must've typed in a C3 (''Moonshine'') by accident. You're right it doesn't exist.

Scooby Doo wrote:I agree. It's strange for me to see people analyzing vocal range as a unit and yet ignoring the breaks in that unit.

Why is it strange that we are taking a singer's range at face value and not getting caught up in pages and pages of bullshit modal vs non-modal arguments?
I personally (and I think lot of people on the forum would agree) find the harmony/backing vocal colour scheme and variations on that system much more useful then marking notes as falsetto, which can in itself be open to interpretation based on the listener and thereby lead to more arguments.

Facepalm So, can we just like not make this a thing please? You've been told before why we don't use such a system anymore:

Sandblasted wrote:I mean this once again proves that the very definition of that word (the word in question: ''modal'') is so subjective around here which is the reason we are trying eliminate the use of it.

So please, leave it alone.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StingsMix on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:35 am

I think he's the best singer of this generation...a real super talent. I have always wondered after hearing his cover of Roxanne if he simply has better technique than most tenors....he sings that entire song (with the chorus that sting could never replicate live) easy!

Of course I still prefer the king of Sting In Love
StingsMix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  StingsMix on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:17 am

From 1:00 I have no idea but it's seems very high.....and hilarious
StingsMix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:20 am

^Sounds like an E5. Wink
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  StingsMix on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:43 am

Molandfreak wrote:^Sounds like an E5. Wink

You sure man? E5 sounds more like what Phil at the front is singing...I think Bruno at the back (Who does his squeaky note longer) sounds closer to fkin C6
StingsMix

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:24 pm

StingsMix wrote:
You sure man? E5 sounds more like what Phil at the front is singing...I think Bruno at the back (Who does his squeaky note longer) sounds closer to fkin C6
Phil is singing C5, Bruno is singing E5. Unless I'm missing something. Smile
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Isn't there a C6 in "Take Me The Long Way Home"? And for once no I didn't take it from a range video, I listened to the song because I enjoyed it and I thought I hear a C6.
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Prometheus on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Isn't there a C6 in "Take Me The Long Way Home"? And for once no I didn't take it from a range video, I listened to the song because I enjoyed it and I thought I hear a C6.
Link and timestamp? You always seem to forget posting a link man Very Happy
Prometheus
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dxfifa on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:29 pm

Molandfreak wrote:
StingsMix wrote:
Phil is singing C5, Bruno is singing E5. Unless I'm missing something. Smile

I agree with Moland, Phil is not singing that high and the harmony sounds like C/E to me
dxfifa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Winter Soldier on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:45 am

Prometheus wrote:
Iamnotafraid65 wrote:Isn't there a C6 in "Take Me The Long Way Home"? And for once no I didn't take it from a range video, I listened to the song because I enjoyed it and I thought I hear a C6.

3:05 I believe Yeah!
The Winter Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dumpstered on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:55 am

Iamnotafraid65 wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

3:05 I believe Yeah!

A5 me thinks
Dumpstered

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top