Rishloo - Romance of a Dead Kingdom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rishloo - Romance of a Dead Kingdom

Post  Hopscotch on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:24 pm

http://picosong.com/cTRE/
Rishloo is a hella hard band to cover vocally, so I picked one of their easier songs even if it's not a particular favourite of mine. Also sped up the tempo a bit because I feel like the original kinda drags in that regard. I toyed around with the first few verses a bit trying to replicate the delivery that Mailloux sings them with, but I didn't really like how that turned out, so in the end I opted for a more baritonish, classically-phrased delivery for those parts instead. As for the ending highs... well, I went for 'em. You tell me how you think they turned out.

Btw, I couldn't find any lyric sites that listed what the last few lines were, and I couldn't make out the words myself, so I just skipped them. If anyone has any idea, though, please share!
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rishloo - Romance of a Dead Kingdom

Post  Shikkaku on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:29 am

It's a bit weird hearing somebody with a radically different tone and placement than Mailloux singing a Rishloo song, but I think this is a cool effort. I really like the softer approach you're using on the beggining, it's a side of your voice I don't recall you using at all - you got a really cool blend of a softer approach while keeping with the natural "dramaticness" of your voice - and I like the little "edginess" you add at points.

On the negative side, the highest parts sounded pitchy and uncomfortable (It's noticeable that you're tensioning quite a bit for the highest pitches). I'm particularly bad at giving advices on how you could improve when I myself suck at singing), but I think that with a bit more of training or a betterly warmed-up voice you could do this song better. Keep working on it!
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top