Perrie Edwards

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Perrie Edwards

Post  Antler on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:24 am

Voice type: Soprano (Spinto?)
Vocal range: F3 - E6

Significant high notes
E6 ("Word Up" live)
B5 ("Change Your Life", "About the Boy")
A5 ("Word Up", "Change Your Life")
G♯5 ("DNA", "You Keep Me Hangin' On" live)
F♯5 ("Beautiful" live)
F5 ("Beautiful" live)
E5 ("Word Up", "Change Your Life", "Turn Your Face", "Wings", "About the Boy")
D♯5 ("Good Enough", "DNA", "Beautiful", "If I Were a Boy" live, "Counting Stars", "How Ya Doin'?" live)
D5 ("See Me Now", "How Ya Doin'?", "Cannonball" live, "How Ya Doin'?")
C♯5 ("Counting Stars" live, "If I Were a Boy" live, "Turn Your Face", "Towers")
C5 ("Wings", "Pretend It's OK", "Word Up")

Significant low notes
A3 ("About the Boy")
G♯3 ("These Four Walls")
G3 ("About the Boy")
F♯3 ("Competition", "Counting Stars" live)
F3 ("DNA")

*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Purple marks backing vocals.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Antler on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Antler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Perrie Edwards

Post  Baritone on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:44 pm

I'd think of her more as a Mezzo Soprano. Rather Colourful low register, definitely mid tessitura, her vocal weight is pretty mezzo soprano like, the same as regards her timbre and vocal colour...

Baritone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Baritone wrote:I'd think of her more as a Mezzo Soprano. Rather Colourful low register, definitely mid tessitura, her vocal weight is pretty mezzo soprano like, the same as regards her timbre and vocal colour...
This isn't gonna go over well...
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baritone on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Ops, sorry...I thought this was The Range Place, but probably i was wrong...

Baritone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Baritone wrote:Ops, sorry...I thought this was The Range Place, but probably i was wrong...

Biohazard is right this probably won't go well. And yes it is The Range Place not The Voice type place...
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Baritone wrote:Ops, sorry...I thought this was The Range Place, but probably i was wrong...
Well, that could be counteracted with: "Yes it's the range place, not the voice type place." Or anything.

Now I'm not making up the rules or whatever you want to call it. I am probably more "on your side" than you think; I'm not too fond of seeing OPs with no voice types listed, but it isn't worth arguing over them. As I've said before, healthy discussions about voice types are good in my eyes, but just be warned that if this becomes a normal thing for you, there may be unfortunate consequences. I'm not in any way threatening you (and I have no power here, Gandalf the Grey), I'm just warning you. I'm not trying to rob you; I'm trying to help you. Two LOTR references (one kinda backwards) in one post FTW!

EDIT: Hey, I was right! Starman said exactly what I said! YES! Sorry...

EDIT2: I was typing before Starman posted it, so I did type it before. And no one cares...
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Just so you know the first page is the one that is read the most by guests, and filling it with voice type discussion isn't the best thing to do.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:28 pm

BioHazard634 wrote:
Well, that could be counteracted with: "Yes it's the range place, not the voice type place." Or anything.

Now I'm not making up the rules or whatever you want to call it. I am probably more "on your side" than you think; I'm not too fond of seeing OPs with no voice types listed, but it isn't worth arguing over them. As I've said before, healthy discussion about voice types are good in my eyes, but just be warned that if this becomes a normal thing for you, there may be unfortunate consequences for you. I'm not in any way threatening you(and I have no power here, Gandalf the Grey), I'm just warning you. I'm not trying to rob you; I'm trying to help you. Two LOTR references (one kinda backwards) in one post FTW!

EDIT: Hey, I was right! Starman said exactly what I said! YES! Sorry...

haha, very well said Biohazard!  Thumb up I agree with your stance on Healthy voice type discussion (on very rare occasions, in a civil and respectful manner and not as everyday debate on the forum). Holsety said it right on the Scott Hoying thread when he said: ''Voice types are the LEAST important part of the thread''. They are barely worth discussing at all. I tried to communicate my opinion on the Scott Hoying thread today and that just turned ugly very fast.
Truth be told, the forum is better off forgetting about ever discussing voice types. I much prefer discussions about a singers tone and timbre as well as range and discussing great live and studio performances and how their voice really is beyond compare to anything else. The forum is better off that way imho.

All I will say on the matter and will not be bringing it up again.

Last edited by Starman on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:28 pm

Karl wrote:Just so you know the first page is the one that is read the most by guests, and filling it with voice type discussion isn't the best thing to do.
Well they own enough threads themselves, so they probably already know about these things. Rimshot

Last edited by BioHazard634 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Baritone on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Most people argues over voice types and even in vocal range videos for female singers especially there are quite long debates over voice types like Dugazon, Assoluta, Lyric and so on and so forth and since The Range Place was created for fun and for curiosity also, I don't think why fun debates shouldn't be allowed...I'm going most probably to create a Topic for voice types debates, if there's none, and people who have doubts or do enjoy debating over vocal qualities, timbres, vocal weights, tessituras, passaggios and stuff like that are allowed to post their doubts and questions ONLY in Voice Type Debates and those who are posted in official singers threads will be removed by moderators or administrators---Does that sound good?

Baritone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Make sure you add the colors' "definitions" in the legend.

*Blue marks ____________.
*Purple marks ____________.
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Hey Antler, use ♯ ♭

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  boob on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:50 pm

Why is everyone so prejudice against flats?

boob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:34 pm

BioHazard634 wrote:
Karl wrote:Just so you know the first page is the one that is read the most by guests, and filling it with voice type discussion isn't the best thing to do.
Well they own enough threads themselves, so they probably already know about these things. Rimshot
 Clap
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top