Tom Kenny

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tom Kenny

Post  Karl on Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:25 am

Vocal Range: G♯2-G♯5

High Notes:

• G♯5 ("Super Special Secret Assignment")
  • G5 ("Figaro", "The Krusty Crab Pizza Song", "Steppin' On The Beach")
  • F♯5 ("To Love A Patty Song")
  • F5 ("Master Of Your Fate", "To Love A Patty Song")
  • E5 ("Don't Be A Jerk It's Christmas", "Ice King Love Song", "Striped Sweater", "Tom Kenny Can Sing...")
  • E♭5 ("Master Of Your Fate", "The Campfire Song Song")
  • D5 ("Figaro", "Ice King Love Song", "I Have An Idea", "To Love A Patty Song", "Night Song")
  • C5 ("The Campfire Song Song", "Loop De Loop", "FUN Song", "The Very First Christmas", "The Jellyfishing Song", "Goofy Goober Song", "I Remember You", "The Old Ball Game", "Lalalala" (from "My Leg" clip), "I'm Not Sure You Are", "Figaro")
  • B4 ("Figaro", "Striped Sweater", "The Indoor Song", "Tom Kenny Can Sing...", "Where's Gary?")
  • B♭4 ("The Campfire Song Song", "Now That We're Men", "I Have An Idea", "Tom Kenny Can Sing")
  • A4 ("The Best Day Ever", "The Campfire Song Song", "Ice King Love Song", "Where's Gary?")
  • G♯4 ("Bubble Song", "The Krusty Crab Pizza Song")

Low Notes:

• E3 ("Idiot Friends", "This Grill is Not a Home")
  • E♭3 ("My Tighty Whiteys")
  • D3 ("Santa Has His Eye On Me", "This Grill is Not a Home")
  • C♯3 ("Bubble Song", "This Grill is Not a Home")
  • C3 ("Idiot Friends", "My Tighty Whiteys", "Santa Has His Eye On Me", "The Very First Christmas")
  • B2 ("My Tighty Whiteys", "This Grill is Not a Home", "FUN Song", "Wishing Well")
  • G♯2 ("Wishing Well")

*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.

This OP was greatly added to and helped by Starman and fawfulhasfury.

Last edited by Karl on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:16 pm; edited 6 times in total

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tom Kenny

Post  The Great Heroins on Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 pm

5:30

I was really surprised to hear these easy as hell spoken lows here.  It is said on the video that it is Tom Kenny and I can kinda hear it myself so I would go ahead and assume the video's correct.  Anyway, I am not that great at pitching speaking but it sounds to me like this is around F2.  I know spoken notes are somewhat taboo but this is a voice actor and I personally believe speaking and singing are really not so different.  I.E. if you can't sing an F2, you probably aren't going to be able to speak an F2 very clearly either.  Tom Kenny clearly isn't struggling at all here.

edit:

and woah, check out 10:05 he gets some seriously impressive low notes there.  Could someone pitch these for me?  These are definitely OP worthy I believe.  That is quite the range expanding for this guy!  I would never think someone with such a bright voice could get so resonant down there.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:18 am

10:05 He speaks down to E2.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:13 am

I know it's not singing, but it's still damn impressive to me. I couldn't believe he could sound so natural and resonant down that low.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:42 am

0:10 Here's an even better spoken note from the old thread.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:49 am

Melodic G♯2s in "Wishing Well". Should we really be bothering to count F4s by him though? Wondering
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tf141soldier on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Truth be told his A4 and G4s in the "To Love A Patty song" around the "I'm So Sorry" are some of my favorite sung notes ever. Dude's got pipes. Too bad he has to suffer as being the voice actor of a show that has degraded severely over the time. I wonder how he feels about it.
tf141soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:08 pm

He does some scatting in this episode of Kenny and the Chimp when he turns into Salmonella Fitzgerald..

Watch the whole thing because it's entertaining. Wink
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockin' D on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:27 am

In "No Free Rides" there is a head voice scream that goes up to B♭5 and there are also several spoken G2s in the beginning of The Spongebob Squarepants Movie. He probably goes even lower on "Have You Seen This Snail" at one point or another.
Rockin' D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:42 pm

I was looking for notes for Clancy Brown, but Kenny has some lows here, too, unless the song is known under a different title.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  glds on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:33 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:I.E. if you can't sing an F2, you probably aren't going to be able to speak an F2 very clearly either.  Tom Kenny clearly isn't struggling at all here.

This is a REALLLLYYYY old post, but I just gotta make sure that this isn't true at all. I mean, we saw Mitch Grassi speaking out C2/B1 (if the guy who posted the video pitched it correctly), and that guy probably couldn't ever sing a C2 or B1, despite it being clear as day and sounding so easy. Speaking notes is easy bc there is no way to tell quality, because it's all monotone and usually devoid of any context.

glds
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Molandfreak on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm

gaylorddicksucker wrote:
The Great Heroins wrote:I.E. if you can't sing an F2, you probably aren't going to be able to speak an F2 very clearly either.  Tom Kenny clearly isn't struggling at all here.

This is a REALLLLYYYY old post, but I just gotta make sure that this isn't true at all. I mean, we saw Mitch Grassi speaking out C2/B1 (if the guy who posted the video pitched it correctly), and that guy probably couldn't ever sing a C2 or B1, despite it being clear as day and sounding so easy. Speaking notes is easy bc there is no way to tell quality, because it's all monotone and usually devoid of any context.
Grassi has a pretty solid fry A1 that just hasn't made it to the thread yet.
Molandfreak
Range Advisor

View user profile http://about.me/molandfreak

Back to top Go down

Post  Rockin' D on Mon May 30, 2016 12:50 am

"Can You Spare A Dime?" spans 3 octaves total!! One of his craziest performances.
Rockin' D

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Tue May 31, 2016 4:22 am

glds wrote:

I'd say there is some truth to it, but it would have been more poignant the other way around. "If you can't speak an F2, you probably can't sing it."  In my experience though, the pitches I can speak and sing are pretty much the same.  I don't consider crackle fry speaking though so I wouldn't qualify that (speaking in weak fry) as being representative of possessing the ability to sing low.  However, if I hear someone speaking on booming E2s with no struggle, for me it's pretty fair to assume that note is well within their singing range.

So yeah, unfortunately there is some truth in that statement.  Sorry if midlife crisis ensues. Cheers mate
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Clem on Tue May 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Molandfreak wrote:
Spoiler:
I was looking for notes for Clancy Brown, but Kenny has some lows here, too, unless the song is known under a different title.
I always felt Mr. Krabs was doing a Louis Armstrong parody in this song. Is that just me or is anyone else getting that?
Clem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IhateMana on Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:55 am

In that episode where Spongebob goes around entering other character's dreams; in Squidward's dream, he turns into a clarinet and sings up to G5 I'm pretty sure
IhateMana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Holsety on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:04 pm

Molandfreak wrote:
Spoiler:

Either way, my roommate told me Dee Bradley Baker (or someone else) did Mr. Krabs' singing in this anyway.
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  IhateMana on Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Holsety wrote:
Molandfreak wrote:
Spoiler:

Either way, my roommate told me Dee Bradley Baker (or someone else) did Mr. Krabs' singing in this anyway.

Yeah pretty sure it's not Clancy Brown.
IhateMana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top