Doro Pesch

Post  Zedd Squared on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:17 am

Voice type: Mezzo Soprano
Vocal range: C♯3-C♯6

Significant high notes:

• C♯6 ("Touch of Evil")
  • C6 ("East Meets West")
  • B♭5 ("Hateful Guy")
  • A5 ("Burning the Witches", "Cold Cold World", "Touch of Evil")
  • G♯5 ("All We Are", "Three Minute Warning")
  • G5 ("After the Bomb", "East Meets West", "Holding Me", "Kiss of Death", "Sign of Satan")
  • F♯5 ("Burning the Witches", "Cold Cold World", "Free My Heart", "Herzblut", "Make Time for Love", "Touch of Evil", "Who You Love")
  • F5 ("All We Are", "East Meets West", "Give Me a Reason", "Sister Darkness", "Taste of Taboo")
  • E5 ("A Whiter Shade of Pale", "After the Bomb", "Burning the Witches", "Cold Cold World", "Dark Fade", "Für Immer", "Hateful Guy", "Herzblut", "Holding Me", "Homicide Rocker", "I Rule the Ruins", "Kiss Me Like a Cobra", "Metal Racer", "Metal Tango", "Sign of Satan", "Without You")
  • E♭5 ("Free My Heart", "Hero", "Three Minute Warning")
  • D5 ("25 Years", "Für Immer", "I Rule the Ruins", "Kiss of Death", "Make Time for Love", "My Majesty", "Sign of Satan", "Sister Darkness", "Victoria", "Walking with the Angels", "White Wedding", "Without You")
  • C♯5 ("Burning the Witches", "Crushing Room", "Egypt (The Chains are On)", "Free My Heart", "Hero", "Herzblut", "Make Time for Love", "Metal Tango", "Now or Never", "Touch of Evil", "Victoria", "Who You Love")
  • C5 ("Above the Ashes", "After the Bomb", "All We Are", "Descent", "East Meets West", "Give Me a Reason", "Homicide Rocker", "Who I Am")
  • B4 ("25 Years", "A Whiter Shade of Pale", "Above the Ashes", "Burning the Witches", "Dark Fade", "Egypt (The Chains are On)", "Hateful Guy", "Holding Me", "I Rule the Ruins", "Make Time for Love", "Metal Racer", "My Majesty", "Three Minute Warning", "White Wedding")

Significant low notes:

• B3 ("Black Rose", "In Liebe und Freundschaft", "Kiss Me Like a Cobra", "Nothing Else Matters")
  • B♭3 ("Egypt (The Chains are On)", "Fear of the Dark" live, "Kiss of Death", "Now or Never")
  • A3 ("Above the Ashes", "Constant Danger", "Für Immer", "Legends Never Die", "Victoria", "Who I Am", "Without You")
  • G♯3 ("Give Me a Reason", "Metal Tango")
  • G3 ("Black Rose", "East Meets West", "Kiss of Death", "Legends Never Die", "Make Time for Love", "My Majesty", "Sister Darkness")
  • F♯3 ("25 Years", "Free My Heart", "Für Immer", "Herzblut", "Who You Love")
  • F3 ("Now or Never")
  • E3 ("Above the Ashes", "I Rule the Ruins", "Kiss Me Like a Cobra", "My Majesty", "White Wedding", "Who You Love")
  • E♭3 ("Egypt (The Chains are On)")
  • D3 ("Crushing Room", "Above the Ashes")
  • C♯3 ("25 Years")

Doro Pesch has often been considered the "Metal Queen" due to her incredibly powerful Dio meets Klaus Meine vocal style and being one of the earliest big female names in metal. She was an original member of the metal band Warlock (starting in 1983), and has a rather long solo career since their dissolution in 1989, often making numerous guest appearances. She's been going 30 years and doesn't look to be stopping any time soon!
*Underlined notes are found in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Last edited by Whackooyzero on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doro Pesch

Post  Malhorne on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:29 pm

Oh someone talked to me about her like 2 days ago.
Could you recommend me some songs to showcase her abilities Smile ?
Malhorne

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bassman on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:01 am

Great start for this great female singer. she was actually on my wait list of people to notewatch but you beat me to it, I see. Great to finally see a thread of her. If you need some help notewatching her, I'd be happy to help. I have her whole studio discography in Media player, so that won't be a problem.

Bassman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hopscotch on Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:01 am

Opened a show for her last night with my band, and briefly got to meet her afterwards. Didn't really get to talk much, but she was super nice and really genuinely appreciative of her fans from what I saw (she even let one fan take a selfie with her onstage at the end of the concert Laughing ). Couldn't really tell if she dodged any notes during the set since I actually don't know her discography that well, but she did a killer job either way!
Hopscotch
The reason we can't have nice things

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top