Justin Bieber or One Direction?

17% 17% 
[ 5 ]
83% 83% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 29

Justin Bieber or One Direction?

Post  BioHazard634 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:11 am

This is just for fun and out of my curiosity.
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Justin Bieber or One Direction?

Post  Starman on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:37 am

1D have Zayn and he's an incredible stand alone vocalist, so I choose them. Their songs are also very enjoyable, albeit predictable. Also I know I updated the JB thread, but that was just to have it updated. His music is simply awful to listen to.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:42 am

Starman wrote:1D have Zayn and he's an incredible stand alone vocalist, so I choose them. Their songs are also very enjoyable, albeit predictable. Also I know I updated the JB thread, but that was just to have it updated. His music is simply awful to listen to.
Though I don't listen to either, I've obviously heard songs from both, and for me it would quite simply be 1D. And funny enough, I was on the Zayn Malik thread just before doing this; that basically inspired this.

The only thing I really like about JB is his wonderful personality, extreme kindness, thoughtfulness, and consideration, and his near-perfect behavior.
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:05 am

One Direction by far. They're honestly just being a fun boy-band (and they're not any blander than the rest), I think, plus they're actually pretty nice vocalists and pleasant to look at. Bieber doesn't appeal to me in any way, though his voice is pleasant too.
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:07 am

BioHazard634 wrote:Though I don't listen to either, I've obviously heard songs from both, and for me it would quite simply be 1D. And funny enough, I was on the Zayn Malik thread just before doing this; that basically inspired this.

You really gotta hand it to Zayn, he's a pretty special vocalist. Just naturally blessed with a fantastic voice that's only improved with practice, touring and recording. I wouldn't say any member of 1D is a terrible vocalist, they all bring something to the table and they can individually carry a tune on their own. But Zayn is definitely the superior of hem all xD

BioHazard634 wrote:[
The only thing I really like about JB is his wonderful personality, extreme kindness, thoughtfulness, and consideration, and his near-perfect behavior.

In Love In Love 
But seriously, even as when he was dubbed as this musical ''child prodigy'' or so he was called, I still believe he was shit. Compare his pre-puberty years to Michael Jackson's and see the difference in range and ability. It's ridiculous how washed up he is now and he's only 20/21.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:17 am

I definitely prefer pre-puberty JB to post. 

And now with this 1D talk, I may have to go and listen up and research a little bit.
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:41 pm

B6 wrote:One Direction by far. They're honestly just being a fun boy-band (and they're not any blander than the rest), I think, plus they're actually pretty nice vocalists and pleasant to look at. Bieber doesn't appeal to me in any way, though his voice is pleasant too.

After their songwriters stopped being so creepy and manipulative, it's been much easier to like them, especially since they have some great vocal talent. Bieber is a very skilled technically skilled drummer and pianist, but his playing on piano is generic and his drum "solos" are just a basic 4/4 beat with fast offbeat fills.
Krzysztof Raymond Howe II
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:58 pm

cryszofthescots wrote:After their songwriters stopped being so creepy and manipulative, it's been much easier to like them, especially since they have some great vocal talent. Bieber is a very skilled technically skilled drummer and pianist, but his playing on piano is generic and his drum "solos" are just a basic 4/4 beat with fast offbeat fills.
I don't know if he is that technically skilled at drumming. All the drumming I've seen/heard from him was very similar IIRC. I'm not sure about piano, though. I don't really make it a point to listen to JB. Cool
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:40 pm

BioHazard634 wrote:
cryszofthescots wrote:After their songwriters stopped being so creepy and manipulative, it's been much easier to like them, especially since they have some great vocal talent. Bieber is a very skilled technically skilled drummer and pianist, but his playing on piano is generic and his drum "solos" are just a basic 4/4 beat with fast offbeat fills.
I don't know if he is that technically skilled at drumming. All the drumming I've seen/heard from him was very similar IIRC. I'm not sure about piano, though. I don't really make it a point to listen to JB. Cool

I remember being impressed by his drumming when I was younger cuz he could play "fast", but as I grew up and became more savvy on what made a good musician I just saw how it was speed without any tightness or precision. And yes his drumming was all very same sounding. As I said, all he would do was play a simple fast 4/4 beat then play a quick spaz fill, return to the beat offtime, rinse and repeat.
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BioHazard634 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:45 pm

cryszofthescots wrote:I remember being impressed by his drumming when I was younger cuz he could play "fast", but as I grew up and became more savvy on what made a good musician I just saw how it was speed without any tightness or precision. And yes his drumming was all very same sounding. As I said, all he would do was play a simple fast 4/4 beat then play a quick spaz fill, return to the beat offtime, rinse and repeat.
Haha yep, exactly.
BioHazard634
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:19 pm

One Direction by far... Not a fan of Justin's music or personality, although "All Around the World" is a surprisingly good song.
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:28 am

I wouldn't normally listen to either, and I don't actually think any of them are outstanding vocalists, but I have some respect for 1D for improving as much as they have. It must have taken them a lot of hard work to climb to mediocrity. And although it doesn't influence my decisions on whether or not to listen to his music (I generally avoid it), Bieber does not come across as a nice person.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aníbal on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:18 am

I preffer Justin Bieber 1D depends too much on Zayn
Aníbal

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Post  Krzysztof Raymond Howe II on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:20 am

Aníbal wrote:I preffer Justin Bieber 1D depends too much on Zayn

Eh they lean a lot on Harry Styles too, even if he's only passable as a vocalist
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timqwe on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:22 am

Biebs, to be honest, I quite enjoy his latest styleswitch, the hiphopesque songs. 1D on the other hand still makes me itching to grap a shotgun and start shooting tween girls in the face.
Timqwe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaytee on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:35 pm

1D. not a fan per se, but I recognize that all of them besides maybe Niall have potentially good voices. and "Story of my Life" is dece even though it sounds stolen from Mumford & Sons.

whereas the Beeb seems like an irredeemable douche with a basic, basic voice and no musical inclination.
jaytee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:45 pm

Celice wrote:And although it doesn't influence my decisions on whether or not to listen to his music (I generally avoid it), Bieber does not come across as a nice person.
Indeed. I don't need to listen to his music to dislike him.

Back to top Go down

Post  wonka on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:42 pm

One Direction

I almost don't listen to them but I respect both, Bieber and 1d. Music is just music, crafted, performed, arranged, sung, etc

But haters going to hate extra factors.

1d is more focused in modern pop and rock pop, and Bieber is a young version of modern R&B in the same vein as Timberlake. Influences speak alone. But shame rock and rap haters won't give credit any of them. I don't care

wonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ludwig Van Beethoven on Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:38 am

1D is too outdated. And I know almost nothing about 1D, and I hate Beiber.

But if I had to choose between the both of them, I'd say 1D.

Honesty, I don't find the music Bieber's making now as horrible as the one he did back 4-5 years ago. The bad thing about One Direction is that they only focus on one or two of their vocalists.
Ludwig Van Beethoven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Metalhead123 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:12 pm

Bitch please. Sepultura Parrot
Metalhead123

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  PurposeReality on Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:05 am

1D by far i'd say.Check out their auditions;I prefer the pre-fame HarryBari.Really love Liam's voice.For a boyband pop singer, he has a pretty deep voice.And Zayn's an A lister vocalist.No wonder he called it quits.

PurposeReality

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top