Jack & Diane - John Mellencamp acoustic cover

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jack & Diane - John Mellencamp acoustic cover

Post  Young Heroins on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:16 pm

I'm happy to share this decent cover with you.  It is a little messed up in some places because my throat randomly got scratchy out of nowhere but I didn't want to do a second take as I got lucky with the melody on my first try.

http://picosong.com/PAiv/
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jack & Diane - John Mellencamp acoustic cover

Post  Aníbal on Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:47 pm

When you sing low in the ending of the verses you remind me of a song called "Amos moses"
the highs were a little bit off the key, good cover man!, if you recorded the 2nd guitar was too low, you should use Cool Edit Pro or something to record man.
Do another cover of beatles! like Why Don't we do it in the road that would be cool.
Aníbal

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/anibal-m-sica

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Heroins on Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks for listening. Smile  I definitely hear the out of tune moments in the cover as well, overall I think it sounds alright though.  I mainly posted it here to do branch out from what I usually do and try a new style of singing.  I can do a Beatles cover soon though.   Blushing

edit: as far as the mix goes, yeah I agree it's lame.  I am using a new mixer since I moved here and I haven't really been satisfied with it at all to be honest.  In fact I am downloading my old one now.
Young Heroins

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top