Steve "Zetro" Souza

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steve "Zetro" Souza

Post  Zedd Squared on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:05 am

Voice type: Tenor
Vocal range: F2-G♯5

Significant high notes:

• G♯5 ("Feeding Time at the Zoo", "Toxic Waltz")
  • G5 ("Alone in the Dark", "Count Your Blessings", "Fabulous Disaster", "Within the Walls of Chaos")
  • F♯5 ("Consolation for the Insane", "Salt the Wound")
  • F5 ("Count Your Blessings", "Fabulous Disaster", "Salt the Wound", "Shroud of Urine", "Tempo of the Damned", "War is My Shepherd", "When it Rains it Pours")
  • E5 ("Sealed with a Fist", "When it Rains it Pours")
  • E♭5 ("Consolation for the Insane", "Forward March", "Shroud of Urine", "Throwing Down")
  • D5 ("Forward March", "Salt the Wound", "Scar Spangled Banner", "Tempo of the Damned", "War is My Shepherd")
  • C5 ("Throwing Down")
  • B♭4 ("Scar Spangled Banner", "Tempo of the Damned", "Throwing Down")
  • A4 ("Alone in the Dark" demo, "Architect of Pain", "Fabulous Disaster", "Feeding Time at the Zoo", "Forward March", "Fuel For the Fire", "Me, Myself & I", "One Foot in the Grave", "Shroud of Urine", "Tempo of the Damned", "When it Rains it Pours")
  • G♯4 ("Architect of Pain", "Blacklist", "Count Your Blessings", "Fabulous Disaster", "Feeding Time at the Zoo", "Force of Habit", "Scar Spangled Banner", "Sealed with a Fist", "When it Rains it Pours", "Within the Walls of Chaos")
  • G4 ("Alone in the Dark", "Climb Before the Fall", "Force of Habit", "Forward March", "Good Day to Die", "Me, Myself & I", "Raging Waters" demo, "Throwing Down")

Significant low notes:

• D3 ("Good Day to Die")
  • C♯3 ("Architect of Pain")
  • A2 ("Good Day to Die")
  • F2 ("Good Day to Die")

Known as the "Bon Scott of thrash metal", Souza's nasally yet gritty singing style has become one of the signatures of his time in the classic thrash band Exodus. Recently he's also released albums with his own metal band Hatriot, but as of June 8 this year he's begun multi tasking between the two bands. He was also a member of Legacy (Testament before Chuck Billy). He's definitely my favorite singer in Exodus and plays an important role on some of my favorite thrash albums.
*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Green marks notably distorted and/or screamed notes.
*Grey marks solidly pitched but heavily fryish notes.
*Blue marks notes hit in a clear falsetto.
*Italics marks notes non-sung notes.

Last edited by Whackooyzero on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Steve "Zetro" Souza

Post  DarkMacek on Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:48 pm

Some cool highs here.

DarkMacek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top