Rodney Crowell

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:03 am

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: B2-E5

Significant High Notes

• E5 ("Elvira")
  • D5 ("The Last Waltz")
  • C5 ("Elvira"
  • A4 ("Brand New Rag", "Crazy Baby", "The Last Waltz")
  • G♯4 ("Brand New Rag", "I Ain't Living Long Like This", "I Know You're Married", "I've Got My Pride But I Got to Feed the Kids")
  • G4 ("Crazy Baby", "Elvira", "It's Such a Small World", "The Last Waltz")
  • F♯4 ("Above and Beyond (The Call of Love)", "Elvira", "(Now and Then There's) A Fool Such as I", "It's Such a Small World", "She's Crazy for Leaving")
  • F4 ("I Thought I Heard You Callin' My Name", "Invitation to the Blues", "She's Crazy for Leaving", "Voilá, An American Dream")
  • E4 ("I Thought I Heard You Callin' My Name", "I Know You're Married", "I've Got My Pride But I Got to Feed the Kids", "It's Such a Small World", "She's Crazy for Leaving")

Significant Low Notes

• E♭3 ("Above and Beyond (The Call of Love)"
  • D3 ("California Earthquake (A Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On)", "(Now and Then There's) A Fool Such as I")
  • C♯3 ("I Ain't Living Long Like This")
  • C3 ("Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight", "The Last Waltz")
  • B2 ("California Earthquake (A Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On)", "Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight")

*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Legendary alt. country singer-songwriter who has penned many big country hits over four decades. He holds a record for releasing five consecutive number 1 singles from a single album in 1988. Aside from his writing abilities, in his prime he held an excellent tenor voice, with a very bright, reedy timbre more readily suited to folk or rockabilly than mainstream country. Over the last few decades his voice has lost much of its range and energy, but it has not lost its soulfulness at all, aiding the transformation into old veteran musician, though it has caused the nasal to really jump out.

Spoiler:

Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top