Matthew Austin Brown

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  Breaking on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:41 pm

this E♭1 is good, but see that his lowest note is a G♯2 and than an E♭1 make me laugh a bit. Laughing Laughing Laughing
avatar
Breaking

Posts : 745
Join date : 2014-11-04
Age : 18
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:20 am

ThePi314Man wrote:watch?v=mPj6816FCjI?t=1m44s

This is a full recording of the concert and sound check. Austin does multiple growls. They're all over the place, though, so I'm just gonna let you guys struggle to pitch the notes (I think he may have reached D1, and maybe a G1). Mostly just because I'm lazy and really tired right now.

1:56 - F1 (Fluctuates to E1 for a moment)
2:16 - E♭1
2:20 - G1
2:25 - F♯1

Definitely growled Dance Dance Dance
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:30 am

I'm curious about the Eb1. You mark it as non-sung and yet lists his sung range as going down to the Eb1?
avatar
SubjectAlpha

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  Toast on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:39 am

Those low notes do actually seem to be sung. Mainly his Eb1 and onwards, because it sounds like he's actually trying to imitate "Ring of Fire".

Oh, you could probably add the Bb2 before the Eb1 as well.
avatar
Toast
Range Advisor

Posts : 486
Join date : 2014-12-08
Age : 17
Location : Illinois

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:59 am

The Toasted Turkey wrote:Those low notes do actually seem to be sung. Mainly his Eb1 and onwards, because it sounds like he's actually trying to imitate "Ring of Fire".

Oh, you could probably add the Bb2 before the Eb1 as well.
My thoughts exactly Thumb up
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  SubjectAlpha on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:35 pm

AxelFuentes wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:Those low notes do actually seem to be sung. Mainly his Eb1 and onwards, because it sounds like he's actually trying to imitate "Ring of Fire".

Oh, you could probably add the Bb2 before the Eb1 as well.
My thoughts exactly Thumb up
Well, it's wrongly categorized then. If it is sung, then it shouldn't be in cursive.
avatar
SubjectAlpha

Posts : 1293
Join date : 2014-04-30
Location : Denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:10 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
Well, it's wrongly categorized then. If it is sung, then it shouldn't be in cursive.
He originally decided to mark it as non-melodic, because we didn't know that Austin was trying to sing "Ring Of Fire."

Also I really hope you meant Italicized and not cursive. Eh
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  Breaking on Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:23 pm

But if there is this:
AcapellaBass wrote:
E♭1: "Sound Check" (Home Free in Morrison, Illinois 8/19/15)
....................................................................
Blue indicates probable falsetto (or growl, in the E♭1 case)
Italics indicate non-sung notes


and this:

AcapellaBass wrote:
Total Range: E♭1 - C6
Sung Range: E♭1 - G♯5

It's wrong. Smile
must be this:

AcapellaBass wrote:
Total Range: E♭1 - C6
Sung Range: G♯2 - G♯5
avatar
Breaking

Posts : 745
Join date : 2014-11-04
Age : 18
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:04 pm

Breaking wrote:But if there is this:
AcapellaBass wrote:
E♭1: "Sound Check" (Home Free in Morrison, Illinois 8/19/15)
....................................................................
Blue indicates probable falsetto (or growl, in the E♭1 case)
Italics indicate non-sung notes


and this:

AcapellaBass wrote:
Total Range: E♭1 - C6
Sung Range: E♭1 - G♯5

It's wrong. Smile
must be this:

AcapellaBass wrote:
Total Range: E♭1 - C6
Sung Range: G♯2 - G♯5

But the E♭1 IS sung.
Austin is trying to sing Ring Of Fire.
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AcapellaBass on Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:55 am

SubjectAlpha wrote:
AxelFuentes wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:Those low notes do actually seem to be sung. Mainly his Eb1 and onwards, because it sounds like he's actually trying to imitate "Ring of Fire".

Oh, you could probably add the Bb2 before the Eb1 as well.
My thoughts exactly Thumb up
Well, it's wrongly categorized then. If it is sung, then it shouldn't be in cursive.
It is. Can't a man make a mistake for once?

Also, shall I add all the notes as sung, or only the "Ring of Fire" note?

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:24 am

AcapellaBass wrote:
SubjectAlpha wrote:
AxelFuentes wrote:
The Toasted Turkey wrote:Those low notes do actually seem to be sung. Mainly his Eb1 and onwards, because it sounds like he's actually trying to imitate "Ring of Fire".

Oh, you could probably add the Bb2 before the Eb1 as well.
My thoughts exactly Thumb up
Well, it's wrongly categorized then. If it is sung, then it shouldn't be in cursive.
It is. Can't a man make a mistake for once?

Also, shall I add all the notes as sung, or only the "Ring of Fire" note?
All of them Very Happy
Furthermore, I would Link all of them in the OP
Like so:
G1: "Soundcheck" (Home Free Morrison, Illinois 8/18/15)
F♯1: "Soundcheck" (Home Free Morrison, Illinois 8/18/15)
F1: "Soundcheck" (Home Free Morrison, Illinois 8/18/15)
E♭1: "Soundcheck" (Home Free Morrison, Illinois 8/18/15)
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  Breaking on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:41 am

AxelFuentes wrote:
Breaking wrote:But if there is this:
AcapellaBass wrote:
E♭1: "Sound Check" (Home Free in Morrison, Illinois 8/19/15)
....................................................................
Blue indicates probable falsetto (or growl, in the E♭1 case)
Italics indicate non-sung notes


and this:

AcapellaBass wrote:
Total Range: E♭1 - C6
Sung Range: E♭1 - G♯5

It's wrong. Smile
must be this:

AcapellaBass wrote:
Total Range: E♭1 - C6
Sung Range: G♯2 - G♯5

But the E♭1 IS sung.
Austin is trying to sing Ring Of Fire.

now is changed, before He had listed it in italics, in the sung range there was Eb1-C6, now is correct because he remove the italics on it, Subject and i were trying to make you understand that. Smile
avatar
Breaking

Posts : 745
Join date : 2014-11-04
Age : 18
Location : Italy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AcapellaBass on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:25 pm

AxelFuentes wrote:All of them Very Happy
Furthermore, I would Link all of them in the OP
Like so:
G1: "Soundcheck" (Home Free Morrison, Illinois 8/18/15)
F♯1: "Soundcheck" (Home Free Morrison, Illinois 8/18/15)
F1: "Soundcheck" (Home Free Morrison, Illinois 8/18/15)
E♭1: "Soundcheck" (Home Free Morrison, Illinois 8/18/15)
Thanks, I've updated the OP and it should be good now Smile

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  ThePi314Man on Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:15 am

Wait, why is Soundcheck left blue for the Bb2? There's no way that's growl...
Or is it just a mistake?

ThePi314Man

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-09-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  CoolBeans on Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Pretty nice growls considering he's a tenor.
avatar
CoolBeans

Posts : 579
Join date : 2015-05-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:53 pm

ThePi314Man wrote:Wait, why is Soundcheck left blue for the Bb2? There's no way that's growl...
Or is it just a mistake?
Oops.

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  The Long Shot on Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:57 am

CoolBJ wrote:Pretty nice growls considering he's a tenor.

Well, he has a pretty damn good teacher in Tim.
avatar
The Long Shot
Moderator

Posts : 1374
Join date : 2014-08-19
Age : 19
Location : Hell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  CoolBeans on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:48 pm

The Long Shot wrote:
CoolBJ wrote:Pretty nice growls considering he's a tenor.

Well, he has a pretty damn good teacher in Tim.

True, true.



Didn't know if I'd include this , but at 3:15 there is an exclaimed B♭5.
avatar
CoolBeans

Posts : 579
Join date : 2015-05-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:41 am

It really bothers me that you have two different shades of blue for the non-modal notes Disappointed Disappointed Disappointed
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:33 pm

AxelFuentes wrote:It really bothers me that you have two different shades of blue for the non-modal notes Disappointed Disappointed Disappointed
The colorcode isn't the same in all of the non-modal notes, indeed, but the shade isn't noticably different, right?

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:40 pm

AcapellaBass wrote:
The colorcode isn't the same in all of the non-modal notes, indeed, but the shade isn't noticably different, right?
I can really see the difference which is why it bothers me so much xD
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AcapellaBass on Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:49 pm

AxelFuentes wrote:
AcapellaBass wrote:
The colorcode isn't the same in all of the non-modal notes, indeed, but the shade isn't noticably different, right?
I can really see the difference which is why it bothers me so much xD
You're awful.

Smile

No seriously, I can barely see the difference, but I'll change all the 0033ff to blue for you Thumb up

That "you're awful" is a Dutch thing, so if you don't understand, never mind haha

AcapellaBass

Posts : 467
Join date : 2014-05-01
Age : 20
Location : Holland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:59 am

AcapellaBass wrote:
You're awful.

Smile

No seriously, I can barely see the difference, but I'll change all the 0033ff to blue for you Thumb up

Lol thanks. Thumb up Dance
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  AxelFuentes on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:42 am

What about his highs from "The Devil Went Down To Georgia?"
He has some nice riffs in there during one of the fiddle solos, and I'm pretty sure that the screams are from him.
avatar
AxelFuentes
Range Advisor

Posts : 506
Join date : 2014-10-20
Age : 18
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  Pizik on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:55 am

Axel you mean that C#6 or D6 at 1:40? :O

Pizik

Posts : 129
Join date : 2015-06-15
Age : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Matthew Austin Brown

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum