Collection of new Songs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Collection of new Songs

Post  BigRedd on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Comment on any or all of these if you'd like!

http://soundcloud.com/edallore/sets/demo-cd/s-2auZT

Demo 001 - Drowned by Pete Townshend
Demo 002 - Girl From the North Country by Bob Dylan
Demo 003 - Going to California by Led Zeppelin
Demo 004 - Under Pressure by Queen

Thanks in advance
BigRedd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Collection of new Songs

Post  Lurex on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:27 pm

What a fucking voice.

do you mind if I ask what equipment you're recording with? your voice is so crisp and clear, and although that's because you have a fantastic voice, I want to know how you're capturing all the finer details of your rich and textured voice. it's really incredible, and with a voice as colorful as yours, the clearer you can hear it the more amazing you realize you are.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRedd on Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for the comment man! I hope everyone likes it as much as you do, I just posted this stuff on my fb feed for the first time.

For recording voice and the guitar (which I do separately) I use an AKG Perception 220 Microphone.

I run that through a Cakewalk UA-25 EX Roland sound card.
That sound card came with Sonar LE software which is what I use to record.
For effects, I just use what came with the software:
-Compressor set to "breathe" setting for vocals, and set to "acoustic guitar" for the guitar
-And a dash of "studio reverb"

And that's it, hope this helps!

BigRedd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:04 am

Dude your covers just made an amazing start to my day  In Love 

You have such an effortless crystal clear tone in your voice. The only thing I can say is not to lose your support on your lower phrases (like in Going to California) because the pitch tends to fall a few cents flat, which I am still working on myself.  Embarassed Anyways thats just nitpicking because overall those were 4 amazing performances with a ton of soul too so it doesn't really bother me much!

I would love to hear you try "These Eyes" or "American Woman", you have a really similar tone/style to Burton Cummings (singer of Guess Who).
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:10 am

You have a voice that could sing the phonebook.

I would love to hear you do a Beatles song like In My Life, and - if your upper registers can handle it - try a Bruno Mars song. Although they tend to have a high tessitura, and have tons of high notes, I think you would sound awesome covering something like Gorilla.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:00 am

One look at his influences will reveal why he is great!  I completely agree with what you've said Benji.  It's nice to have a new exceptional singer/musician on the boards!  We will welcome your advice and sentiments my friend.  Smile  I am also highly impressed with your production sound which is nothing short of crystal clear and beautiful!

edit: I've decided to repost this link to my own soundcloud which undeservingly has hundreds of followers yet 1/4th of your vocal ability! I hope you get more listens brother. You have real soul to your voice and that's something you can't learn but rather a sign of your experience in life.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top