This is very different compared to what I normally do... Beach Boys.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

This is very different compared to what I normally do... Beach Boys.

Post  Maverick31 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:52 am

God Only Knows...
http://picosong.com/CvKt
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: This is very different compared to what I normally do... Beach Boys.

Post  Maverick31 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:59 am

And, I just whipped this one up as well.
Lost Weekend...
http://picosong.com/CvDw
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:21 am

Hey I'm on my way to LA so I can't listen yet but I promise I will the second I'm at my new house. I'm interested to hear your version.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick31 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:46 am

The Great Heroins wrote:Hey I'm on my way to LA so I can't listen yet but I promise I will the second I'm at my new house.  I'm interested to hear your version.

Thanks bro, I'll look forward to hearing from you. Have a safe journey!
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Alright man, you know I am an honest guy so I am not going to bullshit you one bit.  I am a huge Beach Boys fan and was really looking forward to hearing your voice on the track but I have to be completely honest and say this is a pretty bad cover.  Your pitch is all over the place.  Your tone is pretty good as usual but it's not doing you any good here because you are really off the mark a lot.  The first verse for example is pretty out there and the ending harmonies are absolute insanity (ROFL) but the second verse sets the standard of your voice I am going by.  So that is the bad, but all hope is not lost.  You sounded really cool on some parts and I still believe you have a great sounding instrument.  You just really need to buckle down with a keyboard to tune it up a bit more before performing.  I will say also, nice Mike Patton esque sound on those first "Ba bam bam bam bam ba." 1:19  Keep at it man!  Don't give up!
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick31 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:36 am

The Great Heroins wrote:Alright man, you know I am an honest guy so I am not going to bullshit you one bit.  I am a huge Beach Boys fan and was really looking forward to hearing your voice on the track but I have to be completely honest and say this is a pretty bad cover.  Your pitch is all over the place.  Your tone is pretty good as usual but it's not doing you any good here because you are really off the mark a lot.  The first verse for example is pretty out there and the ending harmonies are absolute insanity (ROFL) but the second verse sets the standard of your voice I am going by.  So that is the bad, but all hope is not lost.  You sounded really cool on some parts and I still believe you have a great sounding instrument.  You just really need to buckle down with a keyboard to tune it up a bit more before performing.  I will say also, nice Mike Patton esque sound on those first "Ba bam bam bam bam ba." 1:19  Keep at it man!  Don't give up!

YOU ASSHOLE!!! J/K. Thanks for listening, and for the critique bro. If you have some extra time, could you give the second song a listen? Maybe even my "When Good Dogs Do Bad Things"?
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick31 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:43 am

You know, I only really did the Beach Boys in order to try something new. I am NOT familiar with any of their songs.
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:42 pm

I know man, I kinda assumed that. It's not the worst cover i've heard but I was pretty harsh on you because you are not a beginner. I have heard some great vocals from you so there is no excuse! And yes, I will listen to that other cover soon.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick31 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:25 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:I know man, I kinda assumed that.  It's not the worst cover i've heard but I was pretty harsh on you because you are not a beginner.  I have heard some great vocals from you so there is no excuse!  And yes, I will listen to that other cover soon.

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback, always. Smile
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:24 am

I'm flattered that you value my opinion. Smile If you'd like to link the other cover you wanted me to listen to on this thread i'll gladly review.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick31 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:36 am

Maverick31 wrote:And, I just whipped this one up as well.
Lost Weekend...
http://picosong.com/CvDw
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick31 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:38 am

And this one, please...
http://picosong.com/P9yP
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:48 pm

On the first cover: Hahah, sweet sounding seriously I dig the Mike Patton nasality here as well. This is so much more your style. But you should start isolating your voice by recording your voice in the next room from the song or something so you can hear your voice more as I have to listen more than I should to isolate your voice with my ears from the original song. Fucking awesome scream around 1:46! Overall, a pretty good cover sans the fact that it's not recorded in the best way.

On the second one: Jesus Christ, loud as fuck, what is the I don't even? Some sick screams throughout, fucking ridiculous actually. I still don't get how the fuck you do that but coming from a guy who likes to hit ridiculously high notes for no fucking reason I am pretty jealous. You must have been singing all this very loudly because your mic is distorting like fuck. This cover is absolute insanity, but probably not as insane as the original song. Again, try to isolate your voice more but from what I can make out, still pretty good. Your pitch on the last one was better but this was not bad. 2:30 is a very different sound I haven't heard from you before.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maverick31 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:36 pm

The Great Heroins wrote:On the first cover: Hahah, sweet sounding seriously I dig the Mike Patton nasality here as well.  This is so much more your style.  But you should start isolating your voice by recording your voice in the next room from the song or something so you can hear your voice more as I have to listen more than I should to isolate your voice with my ears from the original song.  Fucking awesome scream around 1:46!  Overall, a pretty good cover sans the fact that it's not recorded in the best way.  

On the second one: Jesus Christ, loud as fuck, what is the I don't even?  Some sick screams throughout, fucking ridiculous actually.  I still don't get how the fuck you do that but coming from a guy who likes to hit ridiculously high notes for no fucking reason I am pretty jealous.  You must have been singing all this very loudly because your mic is distorting like fuck.  This cover is absolute insanity, but probably not as insane as the original song. Again, try to isolate your voice more but from what I can make out, still pretty good.  Your pitch on the last one was better but this was not bad.  2:30 is a very different sound I haven't heard from you before.

Thanks brother! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. I don't know what pitches I hit in either song, but they were both very fun to perform. If you use headphones, you should mainly only hear my voice. BTW- I was projecting quite loudly, so I apologize for redlining.
Maverick31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top