ROUND 6: Rodney Razorshorts versus PepeForever

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ROUND 6: Rodney Razorshorts versus PepeForever

Post  Zedd Squared on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:04 am

This is the thread for the round 6 matchup of Rodney Razorshorts and PepeForever. Feel free to post clips and descriptions.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 6: Rodney Razorshorts versus PepeForever

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:26 am

Best Live Singing

Matt Barlow
1:19-2:15

Glissando

Devin Townsend
http://picosong.com/RxmG

I did in fact use this during the test round, so I hope I don't get penalized again for it. I admit I was being lazy on Distortion, but quality slides are a good deal more difficult to come by.
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Best live singing:

Peter Steele (Type O Negative) - Are You Afraid/Gravity live Bizarre Festival 1999

0:36 to 1:05

Some great singing by the great late Peter Steele. Had to split into different sections due to instrumental breaks.
Some of his greatest and most resonant low singing live, with an insanely projected A1 in the middle, topped by an amazing distorted A4.

Best glissando:

Ville Valo (HIM) - Gone With the Sin live Helldone 28-12-2012

4:55 until the end

Sorry about the amateur quality live clip, but some great lower singing by Valo here as well. Improvising at the end of the song, he goes lower slide after slide after until he descends to an impressively projected C1 mantaining tone consitency without any apparent breaks or cracks along the way. Quite unique of a popular music singer to reach such extreme pitches live! (except for those wanky, often untasteful Gospel basses   TMI  )
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:51 am

Live singing:
Rodney Razorshorts/Matt Barlow: Screamy and controlled, which isn't an easy combination. Nice vibrato in places, and a good climactic high note. Not really to my taste, but impressive nonetheless. 3.5/5.

Pepe Forever/Peter Steele: Some of the best live bass singing I've heard, followed by a startling contrast... I think I'm going to have to give this one 5/5.

Glissando:
Rodney/Devin Townsend: If it wasn't an entry in this category, that would have taken me completely by surprise, since the sustained note before the slide sounds like that's the climax, then he give us some more. I like that. 4/5.

Pepe/Ville Valo: The recording quality isn't doing him any favours, but I think he sounds a bit like Tim Storms here, but maybe not quite as well controlled. 3/5.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedd Squared on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:29 am

Live singing:
Barlow: Very tough to pull off this tone and tessitura as much as he does here. Love Barlow's head tone. 4/5
Steele: Can't beat dat bassiness. Cool inflections as well. 4/5

Glissando:
Townsend: Devin being his crazy self as per usual, with awesome results too. 4.5/5
Valo: Basically proof that Valo's low note technique is borderline unparalleled in the rock world. Not terribly musical though. 4/5
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewis on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:35 am

Live singing:
Rodney: Impressive headtone, cool distortion and great control aswell 4/5
Pepe: Amazing low projection, as well as cool high at the end. I found the clip to be a little short though 3.5/5

Glissando:
Rodney: Very cool distortion and nicely controlled 4/5
Pepe: The fact that he could slide down to a projected C1 is insane, however as Garric said, musically speaking it ain't that good since it's not really in context. 4/5
Kewis
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:54 am

Live singing
Barlow: Barlow's higher register just keeps on growing on me all the time, fantastic stuff. AMAZING technique and tone, with a dream control up there. 5/5
Steele: A worthy opponent with a totally different style to show. Amazing bass singing, especially considering how loud it's likely up there on the stage as well! 4.5/5

Glissando
Townsend: I'm sure everything Devin sings belongs in the god tier automatically. 5/5
Valo: Not exactly Ville Valo's most musical moment, but technically just out of this world... Not to mention that it sounds awesome so why not? 4.5/5
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top