ROUND 6: Holsety vs Rapport Rapturer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ROUND 6: Holsety vs Rapport Rapturer

Post  Zedd Squared on Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:01 am

This is the thread for the round 6 matchup of Holsety and Rapport Rapturer. Feel free to post clips and descriptions.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 6: Holsety vs Rapport Rapturer

Post  Holsety on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Best Live Clip: Paul McCartney
Taking advantage of the preferred time limit for this submission.. This is a Rockshow-era performance of Call Me Back Again; and probably one of the eras he used the most distortion in, at least live. Lots of tasteful-yet-entertaining singing here, especially A4 to D5. He doesn't really have to sing much higher than that to get the point across.

2:50-4:40

Best Glissando: Robert Plant
A slide up to a G♯5 and back down to a C4 from a live performance of How Many More Times.

18:32-18:43
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:12 am

Amazing selections, Holsety! Here are mine:

Best Live Clip: Rance 'Mothafuckin'' Allen
One of the freakiest voices in the history of music, Rance Allen delivers the goods. Unstoppable vocal power and endless range but also passion, and it's all live! Just freaky.

0:00-1:28

Best Glissando: Ralf Gyllenhammar
No change competing against Plant on this one, but I really like these ascending-and-descending kickass screams on this The Cult-esque track. The highlighted one is kind of "Won't Get Fooled Again"-esque, really.

2:38-2:52
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedd Squared on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:54 am

Live clip
McCartney: Lots of cool distortion and vocal runs here. 4/5
Allen: Damn this guy is just crazy! Tons of soul and insane range control. Not my preferred style of singing by any means but I'm still gonna give it 4.5/5.

Glissando
Plant: Killer! Robert in his early days is always a formidable singer for stuff like this. 4.5/5
Gyllenhammer: Cool tone this guy has, but the glissando wasn't quite as terrific. Still pretty good though. 3.5/5
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kewis on Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Live Clip:
Holsety: Great control and soul, plus nice distortion 4/5
Rapport: Fucking insane! Crazy high screams and power, along with the nice falsetto at the end. Cool grittyness aswell 4.5/5

Glissando:
Holsety: That was sick! Love Plant's early high screams; amazing control! 5/5
Rapport: Not as good as Plant, but still pretty killer nontheless 4/5
Kewis
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:05 pm

Holsety (live singing) 3.5/5
I'm a sucker for McCartney. I love the thick gritty tone used, takes serious practice to do properly. He doesn't sound controlled at times though.
Holesty (glissando) 4/5
Powerful. Done very tastefully too. You can tell that the actual note produced was very loud and well supported which takes a lot of effort to do at high pitches.

Rapport rapturer (live singing) 4.5/5
Not much of a Rance fan but man he can sing! His control is impeccable, some of the best out there.
Rapport rapturer (glissando) 4/5
Nice and brutal! That was pretty cool and vocally demanding.

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:17 pm

Live singing:
Holsety/Paul McCartney: Really good performance, seemingly effortless changes between raspy and clean vocals. 4/5.
Rapport Rapturer/Rance Allen: I didn't enjoy this as much as McCartney's but his high notes are cool. 3.5/5.

Glissando: Holsety/Robert Plant: Wow. 5/5.
Rapport Rapturer/Ralf Gyllenhammar: Well sustained growliness. 4/5.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:42 am

Live Singing
McCartney: Great choice, and even better for not being an obvious one. Stellar distortion and switching. 4/5
Rance: Incredible for a live performance. A little bit too much on the obnoxious soul vocal wankery, but technically very impressive. 4.5/5

Glissando
Plant: Amazingly consistent power and connection, the degliss was pretty impressive too. #plant 4.5/5
Gyllenhammer: Pretty meh slide, really short too. Scream was kinda weak too. 2/5.
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:24 pm

LIVE SINGING:

Paul/Holsety: It's amazing how he could pull that stuff live, especially considering his tone isn't very different from the tone he has in the studio, which,  given the gritty singing he's doing, is something extremely remarkable. Not only that but he sounds smooth and the melodies sound impresively controlled. 4.5/5

Rance Allen/Rapport: JUST... HOLY... FUCK!. This guy is the ultimate funky singer. Those insane highs, the amazing distorted tone, he makes all that sound so easy and natural, and it's all live and while he's playing the guitar. I'm speechless. 5/5

------------------------------------------

GLISSANDO:

Plant/Holsety: That sounds almost inhuman, like a goddman siren or something. It's incredibly how smooth and with no breaks the slide is, and the slide down right after only makes it better. You can really see he was one of Cornell's most important vocal influences, as it reminds me a lot like the "Jesus Christ Pose" glissando. Very good!. 4.5/5

Gyllenhammar/Rapport: I don't think this gets that owned by Plant as you say. The slide, though not as technically amazing, is quite tasteful and I loved the tone. Plant does a much more consistent slide, so I gotta give it to him. Fucking great anyways. 4/5
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top