Grace - Jeff Buckley (6AM karaoke time!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grace - Jeff Buckley (6AM karaoke time!)

Post  kkatsu on Sat May 24, 2014 6:49 pm

I recently found this backing track of one of my favorites songs from the late Jeff Buckley's Grace album and couldn't help but attempt it, but not without a little bit of effect using Audacity. It might sound like I whispered my way through the whole song, but at least I've tried...#YOLO

http://picosong.com/Czvx/

kkatsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grace - Jeff Buckley (6AM karaoke time!)

Post  Starman on Sun May 25, 2014 2:05 am

way too quiet. Believe me, I was like that one stage too. I'm not a great singer at all myself, but from the advice the guys on here have given me, I have learned that it's better to sound shit and project well, than to just pussy out and whisper everything. Have some confidence because you can hold a tune very well and stay in tune. Don't be afraid to colour the song a little more. The most important advice I could give you is, just believe in yourself.

Also, I don't think this song was a good representation of what your voice is capable of. Try something a little easier, I mean Grace is a monster song, not everybody can nail it.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Sun May 25, 2014 2:38 am

Starman wrote:way too quiet. Believe me, I was like that one stage too. I'm not a great singer at all myself, but from the advice the guys on here have given me, I have learned that it's better to sound shit and project well, than to just pussy out and whisper everything. Have some confidence because you can hold a tune very well and stay in tune. Don't be afraid to colour the song a little more. The most important advice I could give you is, just believe in yourself.

Also, I don't think this song was a good representation of what your voice is capable of. Try something a little easier, I mean Grace is a monster song, not everybody can nail it.

+1. I liked that other song you did... Forgot which one, I'll find it when I come back from work.

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kkatsu on Sun May 25, 2014 3:46 am

Starman wrote:way too quiet. Believe me, I was like that one stage too. I'm not a great singer at all myself, but from the advice the guys on here have given me, I have learned that it's better to sound shit and project well, than to just pussy out and whisper everything. Have some confidence because you can hold a tune very well and stay in tune. Don't be afraid to colour the song a little more. The most important advice I could give you is, just believe in yourself.

Thank you, Starman, for some helpful advice. I have to agree that this is not the song for me to sing (if I were to immitate the original note for note in full voice, which is absolutely scary), but I did it partly to challenge myself. I've tried singing some of my originals (basically just the lyrics, not music) and found that, even though I don't sound too bad, my comfortable range is limited. I'll post them here sometime later once I'm sure they're good enough for publication.

For Broses: I think it's probably Tim Buckley's Song To The Siren you're referring to.

kkatsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rustyfo on Sun May 25, 2014 6:03 am

Starman wrote:I mean Grace is a monster song, not everybody can nail it.

Almost nobody can nail it to be honest :p
rustyfo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top