Billy Joel's "For The Longest Time"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Billy Joel's "For The Longest Time"

Post  Broses on Fri May 23, 2014 12:52 pm

http://picosong.com/CDh5

It's late, my voice and body are tired, just dicking around in audacity. I didn't bother to try most of the harmonies. This isn't the cleanest most perfect take, but I don't care to make it one. I figured someone'd get a kick out of it regardless. Had to try to keep my singing volume to a bare minimum or else my parents'd come down and kill me for waking them up. Laughing

And in regards to the harmonies.. I mean, I TRIED, but I don't think I could pick out all of the voices, unless Billy recorded some of the harmony parts multiple times, that'd explain why it sounds like there are more voices when there may be only three or four main harmonies that I could possibly pick up. I've never been one to bother with harmonies, I think I need to really work on "figuring them out"... lol

All in all, I think it came out pretty good. Cool I'm definitely going to pick a Billy Joel song for my first ever pick for a live karaoke night. I've always found his music to be rather comfortable for me to sing to.

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Billy Joel's "For The Longest Time"

Post  bradphone on Fri May 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Damn man, get a good microphone, get a good audio interface, and start USING that voice, you sound great man, your lowest register was very strong but your higher register was also very strong and beautiful.

Get a simple Shure microphone for $30, get a simple audio interface for $90 and start recording nicely produced songs man! Your voice needs it!
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Fri May 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Ha, I was going to respond to one of your threads, Brad, that's funny. But, you have quite a few of 'em, some I've heard in passing and some I'd never looked at. Gimme a bit, I'd like to listen to one of 'em and give you some encouragement and possibly some advice as well. It's all for the sake of progress.  Yeah! 

I don't know how to record for shit right now, I've always used audacity and use a plastic rock band mic, I just record and then add the "bathroom" reverb settings to it and don't change anything else, I don't up the gain, if anything I'd lowered it a bit in the second track so the lower vocals don't compete with the lead vocals.

So it basically sounds as it would if I were singing in my bathroom. Laughing Which I haven't actually done in awhile.. Think I'm gonna have to sing this song next time I'm washing my balls in the shower. Sorry to paint a picture in your mind that you probably don't want to be seeing, but.. Too late. I typed it, and my backspace key has been completely ripped out. Laughing So SUFFER!

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Fri May 23, 2014 1:29 pm

That was really awesome! Was this song originally acapella like your version?
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Fri May 23, 2014 1:33 pm

wabba_treads wrote:That was really awesome! Was this song originally acapella like your version?

No idea. I'd imagine that it very well could have been, bud. Smile Definitely sounds like it to me!

Holy shit, threads really do get pushed far back when they get responded to, don't they? This whole thread listing in a confusing cluster fuck to my poorly functioning brain.. Eh

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top