Yellow Brick Road warm up.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yellow Brick Road warm up.

Post  bradphone on Fri May 23, 2014 12:47 pm

I use this song since a few weeks to warm up my since it covers 2 registers pretty neatly.
Since i`ve gotten used to the song i decided to record it about 10 minutes ago Smile
And yes, i did it full length, and with a karaoke backingtrack haha.

https://soundcloud.com/bradley-van-dijk/yellow-brick-road

bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yellow Brick Road warm up.

Post  wabba_treads on Fri May 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Great! You seem to showing some signs of recovery. How do you feel?

I could tell you practice this number quite a bit. Very Happy TBH my cover was my first attempt at that song, I just don't like to make excuses for singing. I really should have listened to more closely first, and then practiced it like you did. But enough about me  Laughing 

You have a really nice sense of phrasing and melody with this song, again something I lacked in my version. There's just one thing I want to know. Did the C#5 hurt your vocal folds at all. Did you get a "dry" feeling afterwards? If so, you might still be putting a little too much stress on your folds in your condition. Just please be careful is all I'm saying.

overall good job, whenever you feel like you're stressing yourself out, your pushing too hard. Not trying to be a bitch about this, but I wouldn't want you to lose that voice of yours  Laughing 
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Fri May 23, 2014 1:23 pm

Yeah, I'd listened to this before you probably even responded to my thread because I genuinely liked your singing of "Levon", but I think you have a tendency to try to sound a bit dramatic in your upper to lower mid range phrasing, when you could probably sound better if you were more relaxed. Like Donuts, I think, basically. Razz

I like this cover, though. What's wrong with your voice, if I may ask? You probably shouldn't be doing anything that strains you, but if you're sick or something, a very talented older female vocalist I'd known on another music site told me it's always good to sing SOMETHING even when you're sick or have allergies..

But I'm assuming you must've done something to hurt your cords, hopefully only temporarily? I would probably back off for awhile and sing REALLY easy stuff. Ironically, I think that when a singer stops striving for their absolute extremes, they get much better control of their comfortable range and they're more comfortable with what they struggled with prior, which is basically what I originally did..

Metaphorically speaking, I'd tried sprinting when I was crawling, before I could even walk.. You might have some success, but you should take your time, there's plenty of time for you to sprint, man, especially if you know it's something you're capable of.. Razz 

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Fri May 23, 2014 9:40 pm

wabba_treads wrote:Great! You seem to showing some signs of recovery. How do you feel?

I could tell you practice this number quite a bit. Very Happy TBH my cover was my first attempt at that song, I just don't like to make excuses for singing. I really should have listened to more closely first, and then practiced it like you did. But enough about me  Laughing 

You have a really nice sense of phrasing and melody with this song, again something I lacked in my version. There's just one thing I want to know. Did the C#5 hurt your vocal folds at all. Did you get a "dry" feeling afterwards? If so, you might still be putting a little too much stress on your folds in your condition. Just please be careful is all I'm saying.

overall good job, whenever you feel like you're stressing yourself out, your pushing too hard. Not trying to be a bitch about this, but I wouldn't want you to lose that voice of yours  Laughing 

The C#5 that i did with my "falsetto voice" didn`t hurt at all Smile The first time i sang it "full" it didn`t hurt, the 2nd time i couldn`t get it right so i had to use 5 takes, and during the last take it get a bit dry in terms of feeling yeah.. (But thankfully i got it right haha)

I thought that my voice could handle it today, thank god it`s just a mild flu and not some vocal cord issue.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Fri May 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Broses wrote:Yeah, I'd listened to this before you probably even responded to my thread because I genuinely liked your singing of "Levon", but I think you have a tendency to try to sound a bit dramatic in your upper to lower mid range phrasing, when you could probably sound better if you were more relaxed. Like Donuts, I think, basically. Razz

I like this cover, though. What's wrong with your voice, if I may ask? You probably shouldn't be doing anything that strains you, but if you're sick or something, a very talented older female vocalist I'd known on another music site told me it's always good to sing SOMETHING even when you're sick or have allergies..

But I'm assuming you must've done something to hurt your cords, hopefully only temporarily? I would probably back off for awhile and sing REALLY easy stuff. Ironically, I think that when a singer stops striving for their absolute extremes, they get much better control of their comfortable range and they're more comfortable with what they struggled with prior, which is basically what I originally did..

Metaphorically speaking, I'd tried sprinting when I was crawling, before I could even walk.. You might have some success, but you should take your time, there's plenty of time for you to sprint, man, especially if you know it's something you're capable of.. Razz 
Well, basically there is nothing wrong with my voice, i thought there was because i couldn`t use my mixed voice properly and it did hurt above A4, so i thought it was a nodule.. Thankfully it`s just the flu that`s keeping my voice away from it`s full potential.

So it was nothing really harmful thank god.
But what do you mean with, that i tend to sound a bit dramatic?

bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top