I promised Myself - Nick Kamen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I promised Myself - Nick Kamen

Post  bradphone on Fri May 23, 2014 10:52 am

Well, i came back from the doctor, and he said that there was nothing wrong with my voice, but that i should be careful of abusing it and singing outside of my register.

So i decided to record a song that fits perfectly in my "good sounding range"
The instruments are from the Yamaha Tyros this time, since i was tired of the same old 80s VSTis that i had.

https://soundcloud.com/bradley-van-dijk/i-promised-myself
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I promised Myself - Nick Kamen

Post  jqd on Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Great singing as usual. Nice and natural rasp, good tone and vibrato, and all in a very comfortable range. The instrumental sounds like it could be out of a 80's commercial or video game. That's pretty hard to avoid though with instruments from a keyboard. Good job though

jqd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRedd on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:38 pm

You sound much more expressive in this register, I like it a lot. You're less focused on hitting the high notes and more focused on delivering the song in a beautiful way... but that doesn't mean you should give up on the highs man!
keep it up.
BigRedd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:55 am

jqd wrote:Great singing as usual. Nice and natural rasp, good tone and vibrato, and all in a very comfortable range. The instrumental sounds like it could be out of a 80's commercial or video game. That's pretty hard to avoid though with instruments from a keyboard. Good job though

Thanks, yeah.. My comfortable range is around the lower 3rd - mid 4th octave, something like that anyways.
The sounds were a bit 80s (The keyboard was state of the art in 2002 though)
Thanks for the compliments about my vibrato and tone, i didn`t hear any rasp though.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:56 am

BigRedd wrote:You sound much more expressive in this register, I like it a lot. You're less focused on hitting the high notes and more focused on delivering the song in a beautiful way... but that doesn't mean you should give up on the highs man!
keep it up.

Yeah, that was something that i found out myself as well, in this register i sound a lot more comfortable and secure of what i`m capable off, so i can sing with a lot of confidence and i sound "allright" i don`t know what you mean with "A beautiful way" because i don`t think i sang it that good..
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top