Light my fire - The doors

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Light my fire - The doors

Post  Tony Montana on Mon May 19, 2014 7:56 pm

In first one i tried to sound like Jim,in the second one I did my best to sound like me,feedback would be nice Smile
https://soundcloud.com/someonesomewhere123/light-my-fire
https://soundcloud.com/someonesomewhere123/light-my-fire-take-2

Tony Montana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Light my fire - The doors

Post  kkatsu on Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 am

I love rock but I'm no expert on singing rock (but I'd kill to have a voice strong enough to be able to sing rock). You have the tone for it. Maybe you can even sing the blues. However, here's a little advice - try stressing keywords in phrases, it would help bring out the song and your voice so much more.

kkatsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Fri May 23, 2014 1:29 pm

You sound good. I think you sound the same between the two, basically. In one, you're just singing with a more relaxed tone. Laughing You can't really sound like someone else unless you already naturally sound like them. You can't magically change everything about your voice to sound like them unless you already shared most/all of their qualities in common. You have a morrison-esque baritone voice, it'd be good for rock or blues or anything you actually aspire to.. But your highs sound pretty relaxed, I don't know if you have a very rugged instrument.. Don't feel so bad, neither do I, honestly. Laughing It's still perfect for rock, though. You don't need to sound raspy.

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Fri May 23, 2014 1:31 pm

You've got a really smooth voice man! I can definately see you crooning some blues. Good job. Both of them sounded pretty much like you, just with a more Morrison phrasing in the first one. (say that fast three times!)
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Montana on Mon May 26, 2014 12:44 am

Hey,thanks for the replies !
@Broses I don't know what rugged means,probably you mean rough.Yes, I have naturally rough and a bit raspy voice,but I'm still 16 so it can be a bit changed,my teacher told me that my voice is pretty much done maturing actually so yeah . I will post some more covers,thanks for the replies and the tips again Wink

Tony Montana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Mon May 26, 2014 6:20 am

anonymus321 wrote:Hey,thanks for the replies !
@Broses I don't know what rugged means,probably you mean rough.Yes, I have naturally rough and a bit raspy voice,but I'm still 16 so it can be a bit changed,my teacher told me that my voice is pretty much done maturing actually so yeah . I will post some more covers,thanks for the replies and the tips again Wink

I don't think you have a rough or rugged voice, actually. Unless you can make it raspy and gritty, which it sounded very smooth to me.

I don't think that a guy like Jim Morrison had a naturally raspy voice, he just growled and screamed a lot. Listen to "The Crystal Ship" acapella, it definitely doesn't sound raspy or rough to me, but he's still a rock god. Yeah! 

And yes, you're only 16, I probably sounded a bit different at 16 than I do now but I wouldn't even remember how I sounded. You're definitely going to mature though.

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Montana on Mon May 26, 2014 8:25 am

Hah I think I sound raspy,especially singing Nirvana when i put some volume to it Wink
And yeah,I don't think big changes in my voice are possible now,because it dropped pretty early,when i was 11 or smth lol it was scary  and weird Cringe 

Tony Montana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top