Freddie Mercury - Barcelona (Freddie Only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freddie Mercury - Barcelona (Freddie Only)

Post  bradphone on Mon May 19, 2014 11:47 am

I recorded this song a couple of hours ago and it`s the Freddie only part.. (Since i can`t sing spanish i thought that it wasn`t smart to also sing the Monserrat part)

After this song i decided to stop singing and go to a doctor because things didn`t seem right.. (my mixed voice is a hit or miss lately.. and i am hurting my voice everytime i go above A4, and i mean hurting as in.. pain, and my voice is cracking more than ever, and i miss support.. so i think that i have got something going on on my cords.. My falsetto is working better than ever though. so that`s kinda odd..)

Anyways, here is the final result after a few takes, some rest and lots of water, this`ll be my last song for quite a while.

https://soundcloud.com/bradley-van-dijk/barcelona
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury - Barcelona (Freddie Only)

Post  wabba_treads on Fri May 23, 2014 11:46 am

bradphone wrote:I recorded this song a couple of hours ago and it`s the Freddie only part.. (Since i can`t sing spanish i thought that it wasn`t smart to also sing the Monserrat part)

After this song i decided to stop singing and go to a doctor because things didn`t seem right.. (my mixed voice is a hit or miss lately.. and i am hurting my voice everytime i go above A4, and i mean hurting as in.. pain, and my voice is cracking more than ever, and i miss support.. so i think that i have got something going on on my cords.. My falsetto is working better than ever though. so that`s kinda odd..)

Anyways, here is the final result after a few takes, some rest and lots of water, this`ll be my last song for quite a while.

Well that was a pretty darn good attempt, sick or not. Thumb up  Theres just one thing I recommend.

When you were at that part around G#4 (the moment that you stepped IN part really messed up your vocal tract) you really should have been a little more easy with your consonants so your vocal tract doesn't have to keep shifting so you can keep an open relaxed throat.  Wink If you normally feel no pain whenever you sing this kind of song, no worries, you might just have a throat infection. Just be gentle with your voice if you're still sick and you want to sing, and try to gingerly rehabilitate it so it doesn't "cramp up" if that makes sense.

Try this next time you sing the part before the big tenor C. Modify that entire section of verse like this. Thah momEHnt that ya stEHppd EHNto thah r(quick uh)uoom ya tehk ma brehth ahwEHHH.

You could use a bit more support on the lower parts too because they count (mehhh who cares everyones waiting for the Bb4 and tenor C Very Happy

Killer job man!

wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Fri May 23, 2014 11:53 am

wabba_treads wrote:
bradphone wrote:I recorded this song a couple of hours ago and it`s the Freddie only part.. (Since i can`t sing spanish i thought that it wasn`t smart to also sing the Monserrat part)

Well that was a pretty darn good attempt, sick or not. Thumb up  Theres just one thing I recommend.

When you were at that part around G#4 (the moment that you stepped IN part really messed up your vocal tract) you really should have been a little more easy with your consonants so your vocal tract doesn't have to keep shifting so you can keep an open relaxed throat.   Wink If you normally feel no pain whenever you sing this kind of song, no worries, you might just have a throat infection. Just be gentle with your voice if you're still sick and you want to sing, and try to gingerly rehabilitate it so it doesn't "cramp up" if that makes sense.

Try this next time you sing the part before the big tenor C. Modify that entire section of verse like this. Thah momEHnt that ya stEHppd EHNto thah r(quick uh)uoom ya tehk ma brehth ahwEHHH.

You could use a bit more support on the lower parts too because they count (mehhh who cares everyones waiting for the Bb4 and tenor C Very Happy

Killer job man!

Wow, thanks man. Yeah, you`re correct on the G#4 part, i normally crack on that note but i didn`t want that to happen, so i sang it very insecure.. and you can hear that unfortunatly.

I`m not really sure what you mean by modifying.. you mean like, doing other vowels to control pitch?

Normally i never ever feel pain when i sing, so it could be just an infection, the doctor said there was nothing wrong, so i`m just going to do it easier on from now on for quite a while.

I`m still working on the support for the 2nd/3rd octave notes, i`ve got my support down for the 4th and 5th (As you can hear haha)

So, after a couple of weeks not singing things outside of my comfortzone and a lot of tea with honey i hope to improve myself some more.

Thanks for your great comments man!!
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Sat May 24, 2014 2:54 am

bradphone wrote:
wabba_treads wrote:

When you were at that part around G#4 (the moment that you stepped IN part really messed up your vocal tract) you really should have been a little more easy with your consonants so your vocal tract doesn't have to keep shifting so you can keep an open relaxed throat.   Wink If you normally feel no pain whenever you sing this kind of song, no worries, you might just have a throat infection. Just be gentle with your voice if you're still sick and you want to sing, and try to gingerly rehabilitate it so it doesn't "cramp up" if that makes sense.

Killer job man!

Wow, thanks man. Yeah, you`re correct on the G#4 part, i normally crack on that note but i didn`t want that to happen, so i sang it very insecure.. and you can hear that unfortunatly.

I`m not really sure what you mean by modifying.. you mean like, doing other vowels to control pitch?

Normally i never ever feel pain when i sing, so it could be just an infection, the doctor said there was nothing wrong, so i`m just going to do it easier on from now on for quite a while.

I`m still working on the support for the 2nd/3rd octave notes, i`ve got my support down for the 4th and 5th (As you can hear haha)

So, after a couple of weeks not singing things outside of my comfortzone and a lot of tea with honey i hope to improve myself some more.

Thanks for your great comments man!!

I don't think I was clear enough w/ the vowel modifications sorry about that man.

Here's what I meant. You had the G#4s down pat , its just when you started to over-pronounce the consonants that your throat started to tense up. Your jaw movement when you sang that section might have had a part in causing a bit of tension and it transferred to being in your throat which caused a bit of funk in the notes. Whenever you sing that phrase again, try to pronounce more just like this is written: . Thah momEHnt that ya stEHppd EHNto thah r(quick uh)uoom ya tehk ma brehth ahwEHHH.
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Sat May 24, 2014 2:59 am

Ahh, i understand what you mean man, guess it`s time for me to get some singing lessons to get all the stuff about singing with a more relaxed throat, and mouth positions right.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Sat May 24, 2014 3:03 am

bradphone wrote:Ahh, i understand what you mean man, guess it`s time for me to get some singing lessons to get all the stuff about singing with a more relaxed throat, and mouth positions right.

You seemed pretty relaxed actually for most of the song, it was just the consonants and vowels that you gotta fix to make it easier on yourself. Just remember to support + not over pronounce consonants. If you want to get lessons, up to you man, I can't tell you what to do  Smile 

BTW Loved that little head voice/falsetto run at the end too. How long have you been singing?
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Sat May 24, 2014 3:08 am

wabba_treads wrote:
bradphone wrote:Ahh, i understand what you mean man, guess it`s time for me to get some singing lessons to get all the stuff about singing with a more relaxed throat, and mouth positions right.

You seemed pretty relaxed actually for most of the song, it was just the consonants and vowels that you gotta fix to make it easier on yourself. Just remember to support + not over pronounce consonants. If you want to get lessons, up to you man, I can't tell you what to do  Smile 

BTW Loved that little head voice/falsetto run at the end too. How long have you been singing?
What run at the end? Just before i sing "Barcelohohonaaaaa"?

I`ve been singing seriously for about mmhh... Probably 6-8 months now. Smile
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Sat May 24, 2014 3:10 am

bradphone wrote:
wabba_treads wrote:

Yeah that run  Smile 

You seem to be making good progress for singing less than a year. Keep at it!
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Sat May 24, 2014 3:12 am

Love this version!
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Sat May 24, 2014 3:23 am

wabba_treads wrote:
bradphone wrote:
wabba_treads wrote:

Yeah that run  Smile 

You seem to be making good progress for singing less than a year. Keep at it!

Thanks man, yeah... It`s kinda range wanky that run, but i liked it Very Happy Laughing

I`m going to do my best at making progress, i recorded a song yesterday in which i sounded pretty good in my natural range.
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top