Turn the Page - Metallica

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Turn the Page - Metallica

Post  DanXPrado on Mon May 12, 2014 12:14 pm

Hey guys! Recorded this during my last singing class.
I had only a single chance to try it cause my time was almost over, so... Yes, there are some flaws and I couldn't correct them.
Anyway, I thought I should share this with you guys. Smile

http://picosong.com/CSWE/
DanXPrado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Turn the Page - Metallica

Post  Adoney on Mon May 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Not bad. But there are quite a few pitchy moments. You might want to try plugging one ear on the sustained notes and try to make sure you hear them perfectly on target!
Adoney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DanXPrado on Mon May 12, 2014 12:42 pm

Thanks Adoney!  Very Happy 
I've seen some singers doing that ear plugging thing, but have never tried it myself. Gonna give it a shot next time.
Thanks for listening and for the advice! Smile
DanXPrado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DanXPrado on Tue May 13, 2014 3:58 am

Damn, I need to practice melismas :/
DanXPrado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Tue May 13, 2014 10:06 am

So far.. Sounds good. Accents aside, you've got a similar tone to Hetfield. Cool  

BUT, I can pin-point where you're going totally off.. Is this because of lower range difficulties or something? 1:08 you kind of lower in pitch slightly and hang there, off, instead of slowly sliding down on what I believe was.. "again"??..

I actually really like your accent, especially from this point onward. And your highs are nice, just the right amount of natural rasp in there..

Overall, I liked this. Smile Melisma? What is that? Is that like trills/vocal runs or something? I don't think it's necessary. Unless I'm just stupid and Melisma's something else. lol

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DanXPrado on Wed May 14, 2014 1:11 am

Broses wrote:So far.. Sounds good. Accents aside, you've got a similar tone to Hetfield. Cool  
Thanks Broses! And OMG, as a huge fan of Hetfield, this is one of the best things I could ever hear about my voice. Haha  Smile

Broses wrote:BUT, I can pin-point where you're going totally off.. Is this because of lower range difficulties or something? 1:08 you kind of lower in pitch slightly and hang there, off, instead of slowly sliding down on what I believe was.. "again"??..
No, my lower range is okay. That happens because of the fucking melisma. =/
Every time I try to do a melisma, I end up in the wrong note and hang in there for a while until I find myself again. :/
I have asked my teacher to help me out with those. We are gonna do some exercises to see if I get better.

Broses wrote:I actually really like your accent, especially from this point onward.
Really? It's funny to hear about your accent from someone else, cause you are never able to realize how it sounds by yourself. Specially when english is not spoken in your country. I'm glad you like it. I'm still working on it. Smile

Broses wrote:And your highs are nice, just the right amount of natural rasp in there..
Hey, thanks! I love raspy singing and I'm really glad you liked it. Very Happy

Broses wrote:Overall, I liked this. Smile Melisma? What is that? Is that like trills/vocal runs or something? I don't think it's necessary. Unless I'm just stupid and Melisma's something else. lol
Yeah, you are right. Like vocal runs.
You know, modifying a vowel while it's being sang. Fuck, wish I could be black. They can do that so easily. :/

Thanks again for listening and for the feedback, Broses! That really makes me want to keep practicing and get better! Thanks! Smile
DanXPrado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adoney on Wed May 14, 2014 2:01 am

DanXPrado wrote:
You know, modifying a vowel while it's being sang. Fuck, wish I could be black. They can do that so easily. :/

I feel your pain. I need to get my 'moves' on... It's tricky to not look like awkward white robot
Adoney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DanXPrado on Wed May 14, 2014 3:57 am

Adoney wrote:
DanXPrado wrote:

I feel your pain. I need to get my 'moves' on... It's tricky to not look like awkward white robot
Exactly! I know that feel bro... :/

I'll get some tan and cover this song again. Will definitely sound better. Razz
DanXPrado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Fri May 16, 2014 6:43 am

Adoney wrote:
DanXPrado wrote:

Story of our lives, huh.  Laughing 

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top