View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

Post  inhibitions on Tue May 06, 2014 11:10 am

this is what practice does to a voice.

me a year ago:
http://picosong.com/nXpN/

me now:
http://picosong.com/CVvs/

I still have a shit sense of pitch but wow. And I know no one probably cares but omg I got pretty good if I can say so myself.

(ps this is the worst song to sing a capella because repetitive + boring)
inhibitions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

Post  kkatsu on Tue May 06, 2014 2:26 pm

I think they're pretty good. Both give off a jazzy vibe and would work well with certain music arrangements.

You do sound deeper/darker in the latest recording, but I'd prefer that you keep the bright tone of the first recording and then add more power to it. In the second recording, if you did keep your larynx in the neutral place while singing and not trying to force it down, then forgive me for having mistaken that that's not your natural singing voice. Don't take this the wrong way, it's just a suggestion from me as a listener. If you're comfortable singing the way you do, then sing however you like it (as long as you like what you hear). I brought this up because I did try to sing with a deeper voice a lot in the past (like doing T-Boz parts in TLC songs). It didn't feel natural and it hurt my vocal chords until I lost my voice after doing a few numbers.

Overall, there's a significant improvement in power. So, congrats.

kkatsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Your voice has changed a lot! and of course you're a better singer than the last year, that's all I can say, good job

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiralStatic on Wed May 07, 2014 2:13 am

Ugh absolutely horrible, please never sing again.
SpiralStatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  inhibitions on Wed May 07, 2014 8:17 am

kkatsu wrote:I think they're pretty good. Both give off a jazzy vibe and would work well with certain music arrangements.

You do sound deeper/darker in the latest recording, but I'd prefer that you keep the bright tone of the first recording and then add more power to it. In the second recording, if you did keep your larynx in the neutral place while singing and not trying to force it down, then forgive me for having mistaken that that's not your natural singing voice. Don't take this the wrong way, it's just a suggestion from me as a listener. If you're comfortable singing the way you do, then sing however you like it (as long as you like what you hear). I brought this up because I did try to sing with a deeper voice a lot in the past (like doing T-Boz parts in TLC songs). It didn't feel natural and it hurt my vocal chords until I lost my voice after doing a few numbers.  

Overall, there's a significant improvement in power. So, congrats.

Thanks for the in depth review :O

Yes, my larynx was in a neutral position. This is how I naturally sing.

Anibal5 wrote:Your voice has changed a lot! and of course you're a better singer than the last year, that's all I can say, good job

Thank you Smile

flaming russian faggot who wants maxim's asshole and is a dumb alcoholic wrote:Ugh absolutely horrible, please never sing again.

~*~u just mad cause i got better lows than u~*~
inhibitions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rustyfo on Wed May 07, 2014 9:00 am

Yeah I liked it and agree with the previous poster that you have a good jazzy vibe. You should try doing some Nina Simone, like this one:

rustyfo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top