Nirvana - Rape Me (w/ backing track)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nirvana - Rape Me (w/ backing track)

Post  kkatsu on Fri May 02, 2014 7:03 am

I only want to know if I could do rock because it's among one of my favorite genres. What do you think?

http://picosong.com/CfvN/

kkatsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nirvana - Rape Me (w/ backing track)

Post  Lurex on Fri May 02, 2014 7:07 am

well you found your answer: no you can't.
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kkatsu on Fri May 02, 2014 7:09 am

Ouchie! Maybe not grunge? But what about pop/rock?

kkatsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Fri May 02, 2014 9:46 am

feel free to sing whatever song you want
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Fri May 02, 2014 2:31 pm

kkatsu wrote:Ouchie! Maybe not grunge? But what about pop/rock?

I guess Lurex thinks you're a troll or something, which is why he's being a bit testy with you. I'm probably a bit more naive. <_<

If you're sincere, you could definitely sing less hard-edged music.. But there's absolutely NOTHING hard-edged or gritty about your voice. You don't seem to have the best ear for this stuff, because your sense of pitch is bad.. These are all correctable things, and your actual voice (the tone/overall sound) is nice. So don't take this the wrong way, it's meant to help you..

You also lack dynamics, you don't seem to have the "confidence" in your voice to yell or belt, or god forbid, scream. If you're a woman, get vocal lessons, you have a nice tone that needs to be developed into a singing voice. Unfortunately, you have no control. If you're a young boy, wait for your balls to drop, but focus on your pitch/control in the meantime. Hell, get lessons anyway. It all helps, if you so desire to make the effort.

I don't know why you tried to group rock with pop in your repeated question, as if he's going to be tricked into telling you that you can sing rock. Eh lol

EDIT: I just found your Song To The Siren recording.. You actually sound like you have more of a grasp of the melody there.. Your voice works a lot better there, honestly. But you really were all over the place pitch-wise in this vocal cover.. Work on it. Your voice reminds me of the female singer from this band called "Pram"..

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kkatsu on Fri May 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Broses wrote:
kkatsu wrote:Ouchie! Maybe not grunge? But what about pop/rock?

I guess Lurex thinks you're a troll or something, which is why he's being a bit testy with you. I'm probably a bit more naive. <_<

If you're sincere, you could definitely sing less hard-edged music.. But there's absolutely NOTHING hard-edged or gritty about your voice. You don't seem to have the best ear for this stuff, because your sense of pitch is bad.. These are all correctable things, and your actual voice (the tone/overall sound) is nice. So don't take this the wrong way, it's meant to help you..

You also lack dynamics, you don't seem to have the "confidence" in your voice to yell or belt, or god forbid, scream. If you're a woman, get vocal lessons, you have a nice tone that needs to be developed into a singing voice. Unfortunately, you have no control. If you're a young boy, wait for your balls to drop, but focus on your pitch/control in the meantime. Hell, get lessons anyway. It all helps, if you so desire to make the effort.

I don't know why you tried to group rock with pop in your repeated question, as if he's going to be tricked into telling you that you can sing rock. Eh lol

EDIT: I just found your Song To The Siren recording.. You actually sound like you have more of a grasp of the melody there.. Your voice works a lot better there, honestly. But you really were all over the place pitch-wise in this vocal cover.. Work on it. Your voice reminds me of the female singer from this band called "Pram"..

First off, no, I'm not a troll. I'm here on The Range Place posting soundclips of me singing hoping to actually hear objective comments like this one. Thank you so much for taking your time to actually listen. You have no idea now much that means to me.

To clarify the repeated question whether I could sing pop/rock, I know some people think they must be separated and not grouped together but, nonetheless, separated or grouped, they're still the two among my few favorite genres. And since I enjoy listening to rock, I think, why not at least have something to do with it? After having post this Nirvana cover, I chatted with another friend (with really good ears) who commented on me being pitchy, that maybe I could go for something like pop/country, but encouraged me that if I keep practicing, learn proper breathing technique and correct focus point to control pitch and add more power + emotions I could maybe try something like soft rock in the future. I was pleased with the feedback.

The friend happened to prefer my Song To The Siren cover over maybe a dozen covers of various genres I sent for her to review. If you all say it's good then there must be something I did right there and I should work on it.

I consider taking a voice lesson as soon as I could afford it (meanwhile I've been learning on my own, watching free tutorial vids and mainly asking for singers' advice). I'm quite serious because it will not only help with the singing but voice use in general. I don't plan to go on becoming the next singing sensation (it wouldn't hurt to aim high) but to be competent at what I want to do as a singer-songwriter.

kkatsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top