My usual cover of a woman's song: Kylie Minogue / José Gonzales - Hand On Your Heart

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My usual cover of a woman's song: Kylie Minogue / José Gonzales - Hand On Your Heart

Post  DDDiego on Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:13 pm

You guys remember how much I seem to like to make covers of songs intended for women?
Well it's been a while since I uploaded one.

I don't think it's any impressive vocally tbh.

As always I made this in one take and I suck at fingerpicking cause I bite my nails so it was a bit hard to focus. Plus this is some weird tuning DCDDAB. So any coments about my guitar picking would be cool too

https://soundcloud.com/diego-a-m/hand-on-your-heart-kylie-minogue-acoustic-cover
DDDiego

View user profile https://soundcloud.com/diego-a-m

Back to top Go down

Re: My usual cover of a woman's song: Kylie Minogue / José Gonzales - Hand On Your Heart

Post  jqd on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:00 pm

The fingerpicking sounds good. I'm assuming you don't play classical guitar so not having nails can work just fine. Only other thing I can say about that is that the notes on the higher strings come out a little to much sometimes and not enough at others. If you "plant" your fingers on the strings before you stroke them it can really in prove your tone. It's easier to show than it is to explain in words.
As for the vocals, they are pretty good, your voice is always interesting to listen to because of your unique tone. Although you were still pitchy at parts which was a little distracting, it was an overall pretty good cover. I suggest working on pitch control/consistency more if you can.

jqd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My usual cover of a woman's song: Kylie Minogue / José Gonzales - Hand On Your Heart

Post  Guest on Wed May 07, 2014 3:26 pm

I think the same, you have a really cool and unique voice but, you're pitchy in almost all the songs that I've heard from you like the "Deja Vu" one
I'll say this, maybe it's a little hard, but I feel like you're recording just to show off your voice, you have a great talent so, practice everyday! you can get better than this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top