Post  Roehoer on Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Voice type: Tenor
Total range: G2-E5

Significant high notes:

E5 ("Jaloers")
D5 ("Beauty En De Brains")
C♯5 (Jaloers")
B4 ("Te")
B♭4 ("Voel De Liefde(live)", "Klootzak", "Sexy Als Ik Dans")
A4 ("Smoorverliefd(live)", "Als Ik Naar Je Kijk", "We Gaan Door")
G♯4 ("Voel De Liefde(live)", "Oceaan(live)", "Kop In Het Zand", "Sexy Als Ik Dans")
G4 ("Mannenharten", "Beauty En De Brains", "Zo Kan Het Dus Ook", "Kop In Het Zand", "Klootzak", "Dompel Me Onder")
F♯4 ("Beauty En De Brains", "Te", "We Gaan Door", "Geef Het Maar Aan Mij", "Als Ik Door De Nacht Reis", "Lachen In De Regen", "Binnen")

Significant low notes:

G2 ("Kop In Het Zand")
G♯2 ("Sexy Als Ik Dans")
A2 ("Hoort(live)")
B♭2 ("Kop In Het Zand", "Geef Het Maar Aan Mij")
B2 ("Beauty En De Brains", "Dompel Me Onder", "We Gaan Door", "Mmmbop(live DWDD)", "Ik Tel Tot Drie(live)", "Baby One More Time(live Zangmixshow")
C3 ("Kop In Het Zand", "Als Ik Naar Je Kijk", "Zo Kan Het Dus Ook", "Sexy Als Ik Dans", "Baby One More Time(live Zangmixshow)")
C♯3 ("Als Ik Door De Nacht Reis", "Jaloers", "Dat Ik Je Liefheb(live)", "Binnen")

*Purple marks notes in backing vocals
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Niels Littooij, better known as Nielson, is a Dutch singer-songwriter. He became famous being a contestant in the talentshow "The best singer-songwriter of the Netherlands". It took me quite a while to get used to his voice, because he can sound very nasal. Aside from that he is a great guitarplayer and a pretty good songwriter. As for his singing, he can be a little too addicted to vocal runs for my likings, but he is in fact a much better singer than I thought when I first heard him.

Examples of him singing:

Together with Dutch band Blof:

Last edited by Roehoer on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:30 am; edited 8 times in total

Roehoer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Niels Littooij

Post  Timqwe on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:18 am

Jan Smit 2.0  Rolling Eyes 
Timqwe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roehoer on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:34 am

Timqwe wrote:Jan Smit 2.0  Rolling Eyes 

I have to disagree with you on that. I admit that Nielson isn't one of the best singers around, but I don't think you can compare him to Jan Smit. Nielson at least has a steady voice and nails his vocals live, something I cannot say for Jan Smit. Aside from that their songs are very different. The only thing making me not like Nielson at first is his tone, which just takes some listening to get used to. I also believe his vocals have improved a lot since his auditioning to how they are on his first album. "Beauty en de brains" may be cheesy and annoying, but imo "Mannenharten" is a good song, as are some songs of his new album like "Kop in het zand".

Roehoer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Timqwe on Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:05 am

I just mean that their sings are very alike. Also, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw him, was "a skinny Jan"
Timqwe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top