Wham- Careless Whisper

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 am

Extremely shitty acapella cover of Careless Whisper (mostly to just test out my own pitch without the backing track)
I just love this song though. I will upload a better one in a few days. I tried to give it as much heart and soul as I could.
Any criticism or compliment is welcome. tbh I don't even consider myself a good singer by any means but I had fun and that was the main thing Smile
Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/martin28/careless-whisper
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:52 am

all this time i thought you were british. r u really 28?

p.s. i didnt like it, it was weak. i know its called careless whisper but you need to project to convey that feeling better instead of sounding whiny. you nearly reached loney levels of whiny and thats something you never want to do.

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:54 am

Bread wrote:all this time i thought you were british. r u really 28?

p.s. i didnt like it, it was weak. i know its called careless whisper but you need to project to convey that feeling better instead of sounding whiny. you nearly reached loney levels of whiny and thats something you never want to do.

what nationality do you think I am now? also i'm 20, I just find 28 is a handy number to remember for internet stuff.

I agree, i'm sorry :'( thank you for the criticism though, I'll take it on board for next time  Thumb up 
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:56 am

hollish or nord

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 am

Bread wrote:hollish or nord

lol i'm Irish xD
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  bradphone on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:59 am

You sing quite good! You need a little polishing here and there, but with some lessons, or just by singing a lot you can become a great sounding singer.

Nice Tenor voice btw, really nice! And ehh.... Well, i think that you`re from the south of europe, spain, argentina... judging from your accent..
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:02 am

bradphone wrote:You sing quite good! You need a little polishing here and there, but with some lessons, or just by singing a lot you can become a great sounding singer.

Nice Tenor voice btw, really nice! And ehh.... Well, i think that you`re from the south of europe, spain, argentina... judging from your accent..

Thank you so much! It's a massive compliment coming from you because you're voice is incredible! Thank you Smile

lol, guys I'm really not joking, i'm genuinely from Ireland. My accent is a little gay sounding but i'm told I actually have a pretty common Irish accent.
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:04 am

This cover was cute. Not exactly the best showcase of your voice, I'm sure, but it was fun to listen to. You do have a great timbre, though, especially shown at the end where you sang with the bright, very effeminate timbre. A bit Loney-esque indeed.
avatar
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

Posts : 2191
Join date : 2013-09-04
Location : IRL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:06 am

Rapport Rapturer wrote:This cover was cute. Not exactly the best showcase of your voice, I'm sure, but it was fun to listen to. You do have a great timbre, though, especially shown at the end where you sang with the bright, very effeminate timbre. A bit Loney-esque indeed.

Thank you, i'll work on the Loney thing, I know I can be quite whiny.

edit- who is Loney? excuse the ignorance of my question I just don't know who he is.
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:09 am

Just an old user with a veeeery effeminate high tenor he'd further lighten up more to sound pretty much like a lady... He used to spam covers where he'd just talk or sing a very short sample, not putting himself in too good a light. I've been in contact with him since then and he's actually improved quite a bit as a singer, in my opinion. Dude digs Jimmy Scott, and his voice is not too far away from Jimmy's in terms of his vocal tone.


Last edited by Rapport Rapturer on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

Posts : 2191
Join date : 2013-09-04
Location : IRL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  bradphone on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:10 am

Starman wrote:
bradphone wrote:You sing quite good! You need a little polishing here and there, but with some lessons, or just by singing a lot you can become a great sounding singer.

Nice Tenor voice btw, really nice! And ehh.... Well, i think that you`re from the south of europe, spain, argentina... judging from your accent..

Thank you so much! It's a massive compliment coming from you because you're voice is incredible! Thank you Smile

lol, guys I'm really not joking, i'm genuinely from Ireland. My accent is a little gay sounding but i'm told I actually have a pretty common Irish accent.

:LOL: My voice isn`t incredible, i wouldn`t have the guts to sing acapella like you do! (I like the sound of my own voice i didn`t give anyone else a choice Laughing - Bono) but i mean i have a lot of off-pitch moments, and my support isn`t quite there yet..

I wouldn`t say that your accent is gay sounding, you did have a few bits where i though "hmm.... You sound a tad gay" But your accent itself isn`t gay sounding, maybe people think that way because you sound like a (I`m sorry guys !!!) mid-tenor...
avatar
bradphone

Posts : 1929
Join date : 2013-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:13 am

Rapport Rapturer wrote:Just an old user with a veeeery effeminate high tenor he'd further lighten up more to sound pretty much like a lady... He used to spam covers where he'd just talk or sing a very short sample, not putting himself in too good a light. I've been in contact with him since then and he's actually improved quite a bit as a singer, in my opinion. Dude digs Jimmy Scott, and his voice is not too far away from Jimmy's in terms of his vocal tone.

ah ok. I don't know him, but i'm glad to hear he's improving Smile . I took a few singing lessons between September and December, but I couldn't afford to continue into second term. I genuinely believe I've made some progress with the lessons I've had though, if I could just sing relatively well, i'd be extremely happy Smile
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 am

Starman wrote:
Rapport Rapturer wrote:This cover was cute. Not exactly the best showcase of your voice, I'm sure, but it was fun to listen to. You do have a great timbre, though, especially shown at the end where you sang with the bright, very effeminate timbre. A bit Loney-esque indeed.

Thank you, i'll work on the Loney thing, I know I can be quite whiny.

edit- who is Loney? excuse the ignorance of my question I just don't know who he is.

hes exactly who timi said he was but with the added negative that his voice is unbelievably weak and whiny. like a lighter placed chris crocker after he finds out britney died whiny.

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:17 am

bradphone wrote:
Starman wrote:
bradphone wrote:You sing quite good! You need a little polishing here and there, but with some lessons, or just by singing a lot you can become a great sounding singer.

Nice Tenor voice btw, really nice! And ehh.... Well, i think that you`re from the south of europe, spain, argentina... judging from your accent..

Thank you so much! It's a massive compliment coming from you because you're voice is incredible! Thank you Smile

lol, guys I'm really not joking, i'm genuinely from Ireland. My accent is a little gay sounding but i'm told I actually have a pretty common Irish accent.

:LOL: My voice isn`t incredible, i wouldn`t have the guts to sing acapella like you do! (I like the sound of my own voice i didn`t give anyone else a choice Laughing- Bono)  but i mean i have a lot of off-pitch moments, and my support isn`t quite there yet..

I wouldn`t say that your accent is gay sounding, you did have a few bits where i though "hmm.... You sound a tad gay" But your accent itself isn`t gay sounding, maybe people think that way because you sound like a (I`m sorry guys !!!) mid-tenor...

You should try sing acapella some time, it's all about confidence (I know I didn't sound confident, but some people in my house were sleeping, not making excuses though) and it's great for your ear too. Choir helped me a lot with sing harmonies and using my ear a lot.

My voice has it's moments, i'm one of those guys who sounds very gay when I say certain words.
It's the clips section of TRP, I think you can say Tenor/Baritone mid/Low if you want here Smile just not in famous singer threads because that starts arguments

avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 am

Bread wrote:
Starman wrote:
Rapport Rapturer wrote:This cover was cute. Not exactly the best showcase of your voice, I'm sure, but it was fun to listen to. You do have a great timbre, though, especially shown at the end where you sang with the bright, very effeminate timbre. A bit Loney-esque indeed.

Thank you, i'll work on the Loney thing, I know I can be quite whiny.

edit- who is Loney? excuse the ignorance of my question I just don't know who he is.

hes exactly who timi said he was but with the added negative that his voice is unbelievably weak and whiny. like a lighter placed chris crocker after he finds out britney died whiny.

oh god... that's light! lol xD
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:20 am

I was gonna give John Legend's ''Ordinary People''/ maybe George Michael's ''Father Figure'' a go in the next day or two. I'll project and control my voice more next time Smile
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:22 am

u better  Banghead 

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:55 am

ok.... :'(
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:51 am

I'm 20, will my voice drop anymore or am I destined to just have this kind of voice forever?
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:54 am

You'll sound like a little girl for many years to come.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:56 am

really? are you sure? :'( I'm grateful to have a somewhat unique voice, but it would be nice to have a little baritone power in there too.
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Buh-Red on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:58 am

the trick is to smoke

Buh-Red

Posts : 3840
Join date : 2013-01-22
Location : Bannock-ham Palace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:59 am

Bread wrote:the trick is to smoke

I tried it and I didn't like it.  Cringe 
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:00 am

I'm very sure you'll stay a tenor, but your voice might develop a more dramatic sound. Listen to Glenn Hughes: his voice is very high, but he has - over the years - learned how to darken his timbre quite well. You'll have to do it regularly to be able to develop it, but don't overabuse, and learn to keep the sound bright while singing higher.
avatar
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

Posts : 2191
Join date : 2013-09-04
Location : IRL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Starman on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:15 am

Rapport Rapturer wrote:I'm very sure you'll stay a tenor, but your voice might develop a more dramatic sound. Listen to Glenn Hughes: his voice is very high, but he has - over the years - learned how to darken his timbre quite well. You'll have to do it regularly to be able to develop it, but don't overabuse, and learn to keep the sound bright while singing higher.

awesome answer man. Thanks.
avatar
Starman
Range Advisor

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2013-12-22
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wham- Careless Whisper

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum