Gimme Shelter - full voice xxx xxx

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gimme Shelter - full voice xxx xxx

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:37 am

Alright so i've been up for over 24 hours now.. I am at the final limits of my vocal usage for the day and I have decided to spend it on a serious Rolling Stones cover for wabba.  Just keep in mind that these aren't exactly the most comfortable notes for me yet, just remember that Mick is actually pretty good.

http://picosong.com/ezzY/
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gimme Shelter - full voice xxx xxx

Post  bradphone on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:32 am

Kepp wrote:Alright so i've been up for over 24 hours now.. I am at the final limits of my vocal usage for the day and I have decided to spend it on a serious Rolling Stones cover for wabba.  Just keep in mind that these aren't exactly the most comfortable notes for me yet, just remember that Mick is actually pretty good.

http://picosong.com/ezzY/
Sounded allright to me on parts, did you double tracked yourself?... Because, if you do that, you should try to get the voices in unison, it sometimes sounds like a dying cat to my ears, not to be offensive, because your singing is pretty good! But the overlapping voices are very unpleasent
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starman on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:41 am

I agree with Bradphone, I feel like if you wrote a harmony line for the verse and then double tracked it, it would've sounded amazing, but double tracking in unison seems like a stupid idea.
Starman
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:46 am

^^Agreed

Sounds pretty good for the most part, as you got the rasp and nasality for the song. You just really gotta be careful with overdubbing vocals that both tracks are in tune, and if not, you'll definately hear the note thats out of tune  Laughing 
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:14 am

Starman wrote:I agree with Bradphone, I feel like if you wrote a harmony line for the verse and then double tracked it, it would've sounded amazing, but double tracking in unison seems like a stupid idea.

Double tracking in unison cán be quite nice actually, it gives your voice a bit more body, but you have to really carefully phrase, if he would`ve put in a nice little harmony it would`ve been fantastic indeed!
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:19 am

i find that double tracking sounds funky if you dont do it in unison... if you are going to do things slightly differnt, double track it and for the third and fourth tracks etc do the different stuff but also sing the normal parts as well so it doesnt just come out of nowhere
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:53 am

Audacity also has a change pitch function so you can transpose down by half-steps. Don't ruin your voice please.

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 am

I know what you guys are talking about, I only double tracked it to give my voice more of the balls it needed to carry the song.  I couldn't get a single vocal that was good enough so I just double tracked it.  I do it quite a lot actually.  Thanks for the listen though.  This is in no way my end all sound for these high notes, just my first steps into that world pretty much.

edit: and my voice is fine trust me, a little overworked from singing continuously yesterday period but nothing out of the ordinary. My voice is used to much more intense abuse.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:26 am

you say that but when you try to go for high notes it sounds like death scraping his cock against a cheese grater
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:28 am

Yeah, it sounds quite painful, dude...

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 am

Kepp wrote:I couldn't get a single vocal that was good enough so I just double tracked it.
edit: and my voice is fine trust me.

You couldn`t get a single vocal that was good enough, so instead you just double tracked the fuck out of (mostly) below average singing...

With all the respect dude,  `cuz i`ll give you credit for trying! But you sounded like a dying cat on the double tracked bits.... Your voice isnt "fine" atleast... not on this song...

Last edited by bradphone on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:30 am

dickphone wrote:You couldn`t get a single vocal that was good enough, so instead you just double tracked the fuck out of (mostly) below average singing...
With all the respect dude,  `cuz i`ll give you credit for trying! But you sounded like a dying cat on the double tracked bits.... Your voice isnt "fine" atleast... not on this song...

Wow, way to be a huge dick.

Last edited by Guẹst on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:35 am

Guẹst wrote:
dickphone wrote:You couldn`t get a single vocal that was good enough, so instead you just double tracked the fuck out of (mostly) below average singing...

Wow, way to be a huge dick.

Its true.
I`m not talking about the single voiced things, that sounded pretty good! But as soon as he started to double track it started to fall apart...
If you dont know anything about phrasing you shouldn`t sing in unison / double track.. because it`ll become something... well, like... that...
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:40 am

It's more of a case of me not having the experience necessary to vocalize freely up there more than it is I have no sense of phrasing lol. I do know what you refer to but considering my age and the fact I actually set myself up saying that I wasn't going to do it flawlessly I think you should be a little less harsh.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:42 am

Kepp wrote:It's more of a case of me not having the experience necessary to vocalize freely up there more than it is I have no sense of phrasing lol.  I do know what you refer to but considering my age and the fact I actually set myself up saying that I wasn't going to do it flawlessly I think you should be a little less harsh.  

I have no idea how old you are man?...
And of course i knew it wasn`t going to be flawless i didn`t expect that(sorry to say) mess when you sang in unison, other than that it sounded just fine man!
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:43 am

it wasnt even that bad people are being faggots. only problem imo is that your voice wasnt fat enough in the higher sections hence the "daying pussy" sound, work on that.

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:44 am

yeah otherwise it sounding fine and lovely but youre more bari than tenor  Boohoo (Violin) 
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:47 am

theres a way to simulate the fatness at least to a degree. message me if youre interested

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:57 am

that sounds like a penis extension advert
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:00 am

You have to deal with your penis type and embrace it. Don't try to be another penis type.

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 am

kill yourself

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wabba_treads on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:02 am

Well that escalated quickly...  Confused 
wabba_treads
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lurex on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:13 am

Guẹst wrote:You have to deal with your penis type and embrace it. Don't try to be another penis type.
babby's first good post
Lurex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:14 am

> good
> ryugne

ok

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:18 am

The Great Lurex wrote:
Guẹst wrote:You have to deal with your penis type and embrace it. Don't try to be another penis type.
babby's first good post

Thank you, Oh Great One Who Has No Equal. Your post inspired me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top