Edie Brickell

Post  B6 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 pm

Voice type: Soprano
Sung range: F3-G5
Total range: E♭3-G5

Significant high notes:

• G5 ("Nothing")
  • F5 ("Nothing")
  • E5 ("Air Of December", "Nothing", "Stwisted", "Woyaho")
  • E♭5 ("Keep Coming Back", "Woyaho")
  • D5 ("Fighter", "He Said", improvisation live Dallas 1989, "Mama Help Me", "Woyaho")
  • C♯5 ("A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall", "Air of December", "Love Like We Do")
  • C5 ("Friend Of Mine", "He Said", "Keep Coming Back", "King Of Boys", "Nothing", "She" live, "Sun's Gonna Shine", "Stwisted", "Who You Gonna Take", "Yes She Did")
  • B4 ("A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall", "Air Of December", "Beat The Time", "Black And Blue", "Forgiven", "Ghost Of A Dog", "He Said", "Keep Coming Back", "Nothing", "Sarah Jane and the Iron Mountain Baby", "Siamese Cat", "Strings Of Love", "Stwisted", "The Wheel", "Times Like This", "What I Am", "Woyaho")
  • B♭4 ("Beat The Time", "Little Miss S.", "Mama Help Me", "Times Like This", "What I Am")

Significant low notes:

• G♯3 ("Little Miss S.", "When You Get To Asheville")
  • G3 ("Air Of December", "Forgiven", "Friend Of Mine", "Keep Coming Back", "King Of Boys", "Nothing", "Oak Cliff Bra", "Stwisted", "Sun's Gonna Shine", "Times Like This", "What I Am", "Who You Gonna Take", "Woyaho", "Yes She Did")
  • F♯3 ("A Hard Rain's A Gonna Fall", "Air Of December", "Circle", "Ghost Of A Dog", "Little Miss S.", "The Wheel", "Times Like This")
  • F3 ("Me By The Sea")
  • E3 ("Who You Gonna Take")
  • E♭3 (live impromptu Dallas 1989)

*Orange marks notes with questionable registers: absolutely no use figuring out these.
*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Red marks extremely bad, unimpressive or unintentional notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

The surprisingly rangey singer for Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians, and also solo artist.

Last edited by B6 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:04 pm; edited 6 times in total
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Edie Brickell

Post  B6 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:26 pm

Damn, I should remind myself to notewatch her more thoroughly some day, I like her voice and approach a lot, them electronica singers steal my attention all the time though Smile
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum