Rainbow in the Dark - DIO

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rainbow in the Dark - DIO

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:45 pm

well not my better stuff but i wanted to tried it, hard to give a non lolable high distortion

http://picosong.com/ebPB/
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rainbow in the Dark - DIO

Post  Broses on Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:14 am

Not bad, bud. Not bad. I definitely heard you channeling Dio at some parts..

And not to say that it sounded bad, but I could sort of hear this yelp-y quality that to me sounds born of uncertainty or something.. That yelpiness is not quite a voice crack, but kinda gives off the same impression, y'know what I mean?

Like being afraid of your voice cracking or something so you hesitate to commit to it fully, but it ends up sounding a bit warbly anyway.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, I don't know. I liked it either way. You have a nice smooth tone up there regardless and you do remind me of Dio.

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DanXPrado on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:29 am

Great Job!
It sounds a bit strained while it may not be. It's kinda just an impression, so I get what Broses was trying to say.
Maybe it was lacking confidence and that made you sound that way.

Regardless, you sounded great, as always. I do love your covers.
P.S. You should post the entire song Smile
DanXPrado

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:42 am

Well i tried to imitate his sound, kinda fail on the mission but anyway that was the intention, thanks you both for your comments, but i think i'm far from being any good on a "professional" level, i just like to sing when i'm bored. I think the problem here was that my room has a window that face the common apartment yard and sometimes i get afraid of my volume, it might get the neigbour angry so i doubt and this gets impressed on the recording.
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:55 pm

DonutsGalacticos wrote:Well i tried to imitate his sound, kinda fail on the mission but anyway that was the intention, thanks you both for your comments, but i think i'm far from being any good on a "professional" level, i just like to sing when i'm bored. I think the problem here was that my room has a window that face the common apartment yard and sometimes i get afraid of my volume, it might get the neigbour angry so i doubt and this gets impressed on the recording.

I have/have had the same issues to an extent. I wasn't sure if I was just falsely projecting, but to this day I'm still a bit weird about practicing and singing loud and imperfectly to songs that are challenging, especially when the walls in this house seem practically paper thin to me, where you could probably hear me from the sidewalk outside.. lol It's as if someone COULD be listening at any moment, even if they probably aren't or can't hear. It's a mental handicap. I have my personal reasons for it as well, though I'm mostly over those and an entirely different person.

BUT you did sound pretty close at parts, honestly, to me. Obviously no two voices sound identical if you put the two singers in a room (save for freaky cases) but voices can sound eerily similar where you can mistake one for the other. If you wanted to, I'm sure you could improve upon it and get an even closer sound to what Dio originally strove for. I don't think you necessarily "failed" anything. Just no holding back where it could "constrict" or "strain" you pointlessly, next time. IF you feel comfortable.

And hey, even if it's just for fun.. It'll be even more fun when you can NAIL the song at karaoke night, half lit on nothing but straight shots and ready to desperately slobber over the first butterface groupie that winks at you after you fall off the stage and get up using the microphone stand that you brought down with you as a walking stick..  Laughing

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:45 pm

Broses wrote:
DonutsGalacticos wrote:Well i tried to imitate his sound, kinda fail on the mission but anyway that was the intention, thanks you both for your comments, but i think i'm far from being any good on a "professional" level, i just like to sing when i'm bored. I think the problem here was that my room has a window that face the common apartment yard and sometimes i get afraid of my volume, it might get the neigbour angry so i doubt and this gets impressed on the recording.

I have/have had the same issues to an extent. I wasn't sure if I was just falsely projecting, but to this day I'm still a bit weird about practicing and singing loud and imperfectly to songs that are challenging, especially when the walls in this house seem practically paper thin to me, where you could probably hear me from the sidewalk outside.. lol It's as if someone COULD be listening at any moment, even if they probably aren't or can't hear. It's a mental handicap. I have my personal reasons for it as well, though I'm mostly over those and an entirely different person.

BUT you did sound pretty close at parts, honestly, to me. Obviously no two voices sound identical if you put the two singers in a room (save for freaky cases) but voices can sound eerily similar where you can mistake one for the other. If you wanted to, I'm sure you could improve upon it and get an even closer sound to what Dio originally strove for. I don't think you necessarily "failed" anything. Just no holding back where it could "constrict" or "strain" you pointlessly, next time. IF you feel comfortable.

And hey, even if it's just for fun.. It'll be even more fun when you can NAIL the song at karaoke night, half lit on nothing but straight shots and ready to desperately slobber over the first butterface groupie that winks at you after you fall off the stage and get up using the microphone stand that you brought down with you as a walking stick..  Laughing

Yeah totally i would like to get better at it, is just that there's like a margin to improve if you sing just for fun, i mean i don't do vocal exercises like ever, i just get to the mic and spit it, is something about my lazyness lol, i'm sure that maybe with some lessons or something i would get better, something like ken tamplin's vocal academy, the thing is that i prefer to spend my money/time on other things. I just really briefly touch everything i'm interested in, like i'm a disciple in lots of things but master in none. XD kill me
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broses on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:02 am

Dude, I'm not advocating not taking lessons, but, I don't even know what vocal exercises are. The lip roll? Brrrrr........rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbrbrbrbbrpsghfgshfhsgfs.. lol

Scales? Fuck dat sheeet. I hate scales.  Sad Sad

Broses

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adoney on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:28 am

Not bad. I do agree about the yelpy quality, but it is because you are trying to hit the notes, where as Dio is throwing the notes at you  Laughing 
Adoney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top