ROUND 5: Big Brother vs Celice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ROUND 5: Big Brother vs Celice

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:43 pm

This is the thread for the round 5 matchup of Big Brother and Celice. Feel free to post clips and descriptions.

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 5: Big Brother vs Celice

Post  Big Brother on Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:06 am

Abrupt Vocal Changes

http://picosong.com/e23u/
Jim Morrison on "Break on Through", switching rapidly between his smooth sound to his grittier technique for high notes; really ace singing here.

Fast Singing

http://picosong.com/e23z/
Corey Taylor's rocks on this track with his high speed rapping and growling, with also some quick clean singing, super fast and furious vocals.
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Celice on Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Best use of abrupt changes in vocal delivery: Vitas - "Smile!" ("Ulybnis!")
https://soundcloud.com/irene-mciver/smile-2-minute-clip
Vitas has so many potential candidates for this category it took me a while to pick one. Note: I don't think any of the vocals between about 1:00 and 1:27 are him, but I left that part in for the sake of continuity.

Best fast-paced vocals: Todd Rundgren - "Song of the Viking" (Live)
https://soundcloud.com/irene-mciver/viking-song-clip
In the verse at the start of this clip, Todd sings 33 syllables in 6 seconds.
Celice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 am

Abrupt Vocal Changes
Jim Morrison - Nice changes between softer singing and harsher singing 3.5/5
Vitas - Very impressive, I don't know what to say 4.5/5

Fast Singing
Corey Taylor - Nice rapping and growling, it is aggressive and took some technique 4/5
Todd Rundgren - Technical, but didn't impress me very much songwise 2.5/5

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:15 am

Abrupt Vocal Changes
Morrison: I really don't hear that much of a change going on, just grittier on certain lines. Not terribly abrupt either. 1.5/5
Vitas: Husky, tasteful low-mid range, piercing tasteless falsetto. Good ole Vitas  Laughing If you're not familiar with him, this would be pretty out of nowhere. 3/5

Fast Paced Singing
Taylor: Good harsh, nu-metal rapping. 4/5
Rundgren: Dang that was fast. I've never heard Rudgren sing like that either. Pretty pleasant overall. 3.5/5
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Abrupt changes/Jim Morrison- Well while I agree there is some really ace singing, there isn't really much change in tone and technique here nor it is very abrupt. He's basically changing between clean singing and distortion without much change in approach or volume. 2,5/5

Abrupt changes/Vitas- Nice "human sounding" (for lack of a better term here) head voice at the beginning, then some very well done and soothing tenor crooning contrasted with his signature alien-like head voice. While it's really just a variation between these two, the abrupt change in almost every aspect of singing is there, particulary the soft and quiet to loud dynamic. 4/5

---------------------------------------------

Fast singing/Corey Taylor- This was the most obvious choice for the category, it would have been worth public humiliation not choosing this one.
What can I say? I can't believe he doesn't run out of breath when the screaming starts. The whole thing is pretty fast and the rapping fits the music's rhythm perfectly, plus it sounds fucking badass. 4,5/5

Fast singing/Todd Runguren- It's certainly fast paced, while probably not very demanding in terms of breathing I guess it demands some good diction and fits the category quite nicely. Still doesn't compare to Corey's craziness. 3,5/5
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KeithMoonIsGod on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:47 am

Most Abrupt Changes:
Big Bro/Morrison - Not the best clip you could use for Morrison. "Five To One" would probably have fit better. 2/5
Celice/Vitas - Well then... 4.5/5

Best Fast-Paced Singing
Big Bro/Taylor - Didn't dig his tone at the beginning, nor do I really like Taylor's harsh vocals, but this fit the category perfectly. Excellent choice 5/5
Celice/Rundgren - I've never heard Todd sing like that; it was very interesting. Not as impressive as Taylor's, but still pretty good. 3.5/5
KeithMoonIsGod
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monocus on Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:26 am

Abrupt Changes:

Big Brother/Morrison - Fine singing with some variations, none of which are what I would call abrupt. 2.5/5
Celice/Vitas - Extreme changes in sound out of nowhere. Good choice. 4.5/5

Best Fast-Paced Singing:

Big Brother/Taylor - What Conor said. 4.5/5
Celice/Rundgren - Good diction and speed, but doesn't appear as demanding as the other clip. 3.5/5
Monocus
Range Advisor

View user profile http://last.fm/user/Monocus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top