Kathleen Aerts (K3)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kathleen Aerts (K3)

Post  Roehoer on Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Sung range: (F♯3-A5)
Total range: (E3-A5)

Significant high notes:

A5 ("Noodkreet")
E5 ("Als Het Regent", "Ik Kom Tot Leven")
E♭5 ("Kuma He", "Yippee Yippee")
D5 ("1, 2, Doe Met Me Mee", "Blijven Staan", "Blub, Ik Ben Een Vis", "Feest", "Geen 2e Keer", "Heyah Mama", "Iedereen Is Anders", "Leonardo", "Noodkreet", "Oya Lele", "Ya Ya Yippee")
C♯5 ("Ali Baba", "Baby Come Back", "Blub, Ik Ben Een Vis", "Chacha Loco", "De Gordel Is Er Weer", "Hollywood", "Honingbeer", "I Love You Baby" "Ik Blijf Altijd Van Je Dromen", "Ik Kom Tot Leven","Jongens Zijn Gek", "Keileuke Zomer", "Mama's En Papa's", "Papapa", "Samen Feesten", "SMS", "Tele Romeo", "Verliefd", "Yeke Yeke", "Zonder Jou")

Significant low notes:

E3 ("Parels")
F3 ("Jupiter")
F♯3 ("Hollywood", "Verliefd", "Ya Ya Yippee")
G3 ("Blijven Staan", "Doe Maar", "Feest")
G♯3 ("Ali Baba", "De Gordel Is Er Weer", "Hand In Hand", "Tele Romeo")
A3("1,2, Doe Met Me Mee", "Baby Come Back", "Blub, Ik Ben Een Vis", "Iedereen Is Anders", "Ik Kom Tot Leven", "Jupiter", "Leonardo", "Miljoen", "Oh Ja", "Om Te Dromen")

*Italics mark non-sung notes.

She was one of the three singers of Belgian pop-group K3. They make poppy songs for children, but they are actually pretty talented singers. This was mainly a fun project I did with a friend of mine, notewatching every K3 song there is. It is still a WIP however. Kathleen left the group a couple of years ago and got replaced by Josje Huisman.

Last edited by Roehoer on Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Roehoer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kathleen Aerts (K3)

Post  bradphone on Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:31 am

I agree, some of the songs are pretty decent if you look at arrangements and melodies, the lyrics are really something for the kiddy`s

The singers are very good, however... It`s starting to look more like a "Tribute act" to K3 nowadays, Kristel is 37, Karen is 40, Josje is 28... Whilst 28 is an allright age for something like that, above 30-35 it starts to get fake, and its not even like they do it for pleasure anymore, they do it because of the money.
And even then people are getting pissed off, why? Because they use tons and tons of playback in their shows, i think that they are the belgian equivalent of the History tour by Michael Jackson, some ad-libbed stuff here and there, 2-3 songs live, the rest isn`t... I dont blame them, their choreography is quite something, but still..

Anyways, sorry for the offtopic bit.
Kathleen has a nice voice, i think she`s an Alto, but i`m not too sure about female voice types anyways..
She`s the most technical proficient singer of the 3/4 woman, i think she can do better than the A5 though, i think that if you would go through the horror of watching a LIVE show that she have yelps upto C6 i recon.

bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roehoer on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:32 pm

bradphone wrote:I agree, some of the songs are pretty decent if you look at arrangements and melodies, the lyrics are really something for the kiddy`s

The singers are very good, however... It`s starting to look more like a "Tribute act" to K3 nowadays, Kristel is 37, Karen is 40, Josje is 28... Whilst 28 is an allright age for something like that, above 30-35 it starts to get fake, and its not even like they do it for pleasure anymore, they do it because of the money.
And even then people are getting  pissed off, why? Because they use tons and tons of playback in their shows, i think that they are the belgian equivalent of the History tour by Michael Jackson, some ad-libbed stuff here and there, 2-3 songs live, the rest isn`t... I dont blame them, their choreography is quite something, but still..

Anyways, sorry for the offtopic bit.
Kathleen has a nice voice, i think she`s an Alto, but i`m not too sure about female voice types anyways..
She`s the most technical proficient singer of the 3/4 woman, i think she can do better than the A5 though, i think that if you would go through the horror of watching a LIVE show that she have yelps upto C6 i recon.

I actually got a dvd of a liveshow by them as a joke a couple of years ago from some friends. I have never actually watched it and don't know if I will. I'm also not too sure about female voice types, that's why I left it out. My guess would've been mezzo, cause she hardly ever sings lows, Karen does them most of the time. Her F#3's are quite rare. I do find it interesting that there is only one main melody going up to Eb5 in the Kathleen-era(Kuma He), but on the album Mama Sé there are at least 3-4 songs reaching Eb5 iirc. It almost seems as if Kathleen was having the most trouble reaching high notes? Which is weird cause she does sing almost all highest harmonies, but mostly C#5-D5. Ah well, it's all speculation either way.

Roehoer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top