Odetta

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Odetta

Post  Holsety on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:55 am

Vocal Range: G2 - A5
Voice Type: Contralto

Significant High Notes:
A5 ("Trouble")
G5 ("Poor Wayfarin' Stranger", "The Fox" live SAC)
F♯5 ("No More Cane On The Brazos", "Black Woman" live SAC)
F5 ("Pretty Horses")
D5 ("Hit Or Miss" live It's Impossible)
C5 ("Baby, I'm In The Mood For You", "Trouble Everywhere/I've Been Living With The Blues")
B4 ("Don't Think Twice, It's All Right")
A4 ("Baby, I'm In The Mood For You", "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right", "Hit Or Miss" live, "Muleskinner Blues", "House of the Rising Sun", "Homeless Blues", "Suite: Ancestors 1")

Significant Low Notes:
F♯3 ("Jack O'Diamonds", "Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child" live Carnegie Hall)
F3 ("Gallows Tree", "Santy Anno", "Another Man Done Gone", "House of the Rising Sun", "Tb Blues")
E3 ("Baby, I'm In The Mood For You", "Long Ago, Far Away", "Masters of War", "Trouble Everywhere/I've Been Living With The Blues", "Can't Afford To Lose My Man")
E♭3 ("Unemployment Blues")
D3 ("Hit Or Miss", "Somebody Talking 'Bout Jesus", "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right", "At The Bitter End" live 2008, "Dink's Blues", "Careless Love/St. Louis Blues")
C♯3 ("Virgin Mary Had One Son")
C3 ("Don't Think Twice, It's All Right")
A2 ("Homeless Blues", "Black Woman" live SAC)
G2 ("900 Miles", "Trouble")

*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.

*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Odetta was a female musician who released albums of many different genres, but primarily blues, folk and country music. She has over 50 years worth of material to look into, but not as gargantuan a discography as Ella Fitzgerald, for example.

Note: She has a massive song called "Suite: Ancestors", but because it has very high and low notes on it, I specified which part of the song the notes are in. I also added two G2's from different parts of the song. Below is a list, in case you're extremely curious. It's also worth mentioning this song is live, but adding live after every note is tedious. The other lows/highs from this concert are labelled "live SAC"

titles:
Suite: Ancestors: – 27:55
900 Miles
Red Clay Country
Another Man Done Gone
No More Cane On The Brazos
Pretty Horses
Poor Wayfarin' Stranger
900 Miles (Reprise)
Shenandoah
Can't Keep From Cryin'
Trouble
Holsety
Admin

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/MajorHolsety

Back to top Go down

Re: Odetta

Post  Croak on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:29 am

I'm only familiar with Odetta Sings Ballads and Blues, and Santy Anno has the lowest F3 I've ever heard if you know what I mean. Scary voice.
Croak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum