ROUND 3: ginooo vs RodrigoMachado

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ROUND 3: ginooo vs RodrigoMachado

Post  Zedd Squared on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:11 am

This is the thread for the round 3 matchup of ginooo versus RodrigoMachado. Feel free to post clips and descriptions.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ROUND 3: ginooo vs RodrigoMachado

Post  ginooo on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:21 am

BEST HIGH SINGING-> David Surkamp -From 3:26 to the end

BEST VOCAL ARRENGEMENT->Barry Gibb (and the Bee Gees)-From 0:45 to 1:21
ginooo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:34 am

Best high singing (Mats Levén): 3:25 - end

Best vocal arrangement (Róisín Murphy): 0:00 - 1:17

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Brother on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:11 am

High Singing

Leven- Extremely meh and annoying sound, sorry. Did not work for me 2/5
Surkamp- Fantastic emotional and powerful wailing sound 4/5

Vocal Arrangement

Murphy- Fine, I guess 3/5
Gibb- This was lovely 4/5
Big Brother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Razorshorts on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:17 pm

High Singing
Surkamp: Rofl that vibrato somehow manages to surprise me every time. But uh yeah, ridic singing. 5/5
Leven: Anybody else think he sounds like Tobi Sammet? Quite powerful highs; I didn't care for his tone on the dirtier notes though. 4/5

Vocal Arrangement
Gibbs: Can't tell how much of this is Barry. Very lush harmonies there though, wish I could tell who was who. 3.5/5
Murphy: Most of this all I heard was echo. Some octave doubling toward the end I believe that was really subtly mixed. 1.5/5
Rodney Razorshorts
Range Destroyer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zedd Squared on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:26 am

Best high singing
Leven: C'mon dude why? It's a high singing category and you have Mats Leven and you use this clip? Dude if you used the section after the guitar solo in Fire with Fire I'd give you a definite 5. Anyways this is decent but not amongst Leven's best singing in any respect imo, it's basically him at his most generic. 3/5
Surkamp: Always liked this section a lot. Crazy control and Surkamp has that cool piercing Geddy Lee ish tone that's always fun. 4/5

Best arrangement
Murphy: Didn't hear anything too spectacular arrangement wise. Nice vocal sound though. 2/5
Gibb: This was quite a pleasant listen. Classic 60s style harmonies here. 3.5/5
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:27 am

Best High Singing

Surkamp: Holy hell, what is that vibrato  Shocked Sounds like he has a whammy bar. The high notes are impressive and I really like the vocal arrangement. 4,5/5

Leven: The heavily-layered choir sound makes it difficult to hear his notes at some points. The sound is decent, but I'm not really a fan of the "dirtier" notes. 3,5/5

Best Vocal Arrangement

Barry Gibb: Wow, this is absolutely NOWHERE near the sound of the Bee Gees I know!!!!!! Total shock. Hmm, the whole arrangement is nice, the signature Beatles/Beach Boys sound is quite pleasant. 3,5/5

Murphy: I haven't heard much harmonies at all. Some really subtle ones at the end of your passage, but otherwise not much more than echo and one-vocal melody lines. 1,5/5
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DonutsGalacticos on Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:06 am

High Singing

Leven - mmm... i've got better highs :Pnah now seriously not that they aren't good but those are just a few screams so it's pretty hard to give more than 1.5
Surkamp - i really liked it, really thin highs they almost cut you 4

Vocal Arrangement

Murphy - i had a vision and i saw going hard on gym under this song, sweating getting dirty pretty meh performance though, i'll give 0.5 + because of the vision. 1,5
Gibb- Old school arrangement, reminds me of mamas and papas california dreaming, well a lot of songs sound like that anyway. Cool 3
DonutsGalacticos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  B6 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:58 am

Best high singing:
Surkamp: OMG I so love you for choosing this. Amazing vocals, and an amazing climax too :in love: 5/5
Leven: Hmm. It's not particularly bad per se but it sounds solo generic. Not too fond of the rougher notes, either. 2.5/5
Best vocal arrangement:
Gibb: Though I'm not sure how much of that is him, it's still a gorgeous arrangement, and what does sound like only his voice is very pleasant, too. 4/5
Murphy: What arrangement? 1.5/5
B6
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 am

High Singing
Surkamp: Haha, always so freaky in the best way possible! Geddy on steroids. 4.5/5
Leven: Very impressive vocal take, although I would have used the "Fire with Fire" madness myself. I hear the Sammet resemblance as well, Sherick. Quite a regular song, apart from the great horns-ending, which impressed me songwriting-wise. 4/5

Vocal Arrangement
Gibbs: Great fit for the category. Not much to say about this one that hasn't already been said: great song with some very appropriate, gentle harmonising on top. 4/5
Murphy: Not the most appropriate choice for this category, I reckon. Alright track and vocal intricacies, but not much of straight vocal arranging happening around here apart from the robotic spoken sounds. 2/5
R.I.P. Rapport Rapturer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Monocus on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:08 am

Best high singing:

Surkamp: I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. 5/5
Leven: Doesn't really appeal to me (the tone in particular). 3/5

Best vocal arrangement:

Gibb: Very pleasantly sounding. 3.5/5
Murphy: OK subtle harmonies aren't enough to make this a good fit for the category. 1.5/5
Monocus
Range Advisor

View user profile http://last.fm/user/Monocus

Back to top Go down

Post  ginooo on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:57 am

B6 wrote:Best high singing:
Surkamp: OMG I so love you for choosing this. Amazing vocals, and an amazing climax too :in love: 5/5
Leven: Hmm. It's not particularly bad per se but it sounds solo generic. Not too fond of the rougher notes, either. 2.5/5
Best vocal arrangement:
Gibb: Though I'm not sure how much of that is him, it's still a gorgeous arrangement, and what does sound like only his voice is very pleasant, too. 4/5
Murphy: What arrangement? 1.5/5
Surkamp is Surkamp In Love Joyful 
ginooo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:43 am

That's one of my favorite Therion songs and performances by Levén, but I admit that I was kind of clueless about the vocal arrangements.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 pm

Best high singing:

Surkamp: Perfect fit for the category. Would give it a perfect score, but the vibrato making me think of Yoko Ono hurts it slightly. 4.5/5
Leven: Not that many highs, but they were alright when they happened. 3/5

Best vocal arrangement:

Gibb: A cool and pleasant arrangement, but the fact it's not just him hurts it. 3.5/5
Murpy: Starts to fit the category at the end just barely. 2/5

Back to top Go down

Post  Pepe Forever on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 pm

David Surkamp/ginoo- Wow, very lady like tone and insane vibrato, and the notes he reaches are truly amazing. Might not be my favorite tone and he might do the same notes over and over but it was very impressive. 4/5

Levén/Rodrigo- Nice tone and all. With all the badass arrangements it has this could've gone for the other category, but the fact that there are many singers here made it prudent not to use it there. Still, while I hear many very good high notes here and there, this lacks a distinguishable lead vocal doing the highs. Apart of 3:40 to 4:00, a lead vocal doing highs is really absent through most of the clip. Still liked the highs on that part. 3/5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry Gibb and the Bee Gees/ginoo- Well, some very good harmonies indeed, this guys are the masters at that, a pretty soothing sound, but it wasn't that impressive and the fact that there are various voices always brings it down a bit. 4/5

Roisin Murphy/Rodrigo- So apart from some various voices going on at the beginning, there isn't really much arrangement going on on the section you indicated. Some light backing whispery ahhhs at the pre-chorus, and some good but not impressive at all harmonies in the chorus. Average and very mininal, almost unnoticable arrangmenets. 2/5

Phew, finally finished voting in all the Round 3 matches. Now off to round 4.
Pepe Forever
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top