View previous topic View next topic Go down

Daniel Tompkins

Post  Aldebaran on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:49 pm

Voice type: Tenor
Total range: A2-G5

Significant high notes:

• G5 ("King Of Hearts")
  • F♯5 ("King Of Hearts")
  • F5 ("A Dream in Static", "Ain't Nobody")
  • E5 ("Catharsis")
  • E♭5 ("Aurora", "Reluctance", "Equinox", "Lament",  "Concealing Fate, Pt. 1: Acceptance")
  • D5 ("Catharsis", "Night", "Celestial", "Maeva", "Equinox", "Lightning Tree")
  • C♯5 ("Aurora", "Dots", "Catharsis", "Night", "Celestial", "Maeva", "Reluctance", "Lament", "Concealing Fate, Pt. 1: Acceptance", "Concealing Fate, Pt. 6: Origin", "Eden", "Lightning Tree")
  • C5 ("Dots", "Equinox", "Ties Of Grace", "Digital Senseless", "Omen", "Paradise", "Star Monarchy", "All That I've Been Waiting For", "Concealing Fate, Pt. 3: The Impossible", "Concealing Fate, Pt. 6: Origin", "Sunrise", "April", "The Essence Between Us")
  • B4 ("Catharsis", "Celestial", "Night", "Aurora", "Maeva", "Reluctance", "Ties Of Grace", "The World Won't Sleep", "Listen For The Rain", "Nascent", "Concealing Fate, Pt. 1: Acceptance",  "Concealing Fate, Pt. 2: Deception", "Eden", "Whispers Of A Sleepwalker", "Waterfalls")
  • B♭4 ("Equinox", "The World Won't Sleep", "Rose", "Digital Senseless", "Omen", "Ashes", "Star Monarchy", "All That I've Been Waiting For", "Listen For The Rain", "Lament", "Nascent", "Concealing Fate, Pt. 1: Acceptance",
    "Concealing Fate, Pt. 2: Deception", "Concealing Fate, Pt. 3: The Impossible", "Concealing Fate, Pt. 6: Origin", "Sunrise", "April", "The Essence Between Us")
  • A4 ("Dots", "Order 66", "Catharsis", "Celestial", "Night", "Aurora", "Maeva", "Faith", "Ashes", "Earth", "All That I've Been Waiting For", "Eden", "Whispers Of A Sleepwalker", "King Of Hearts", "Waterfalls")

Significant low notes:

• D3 ("Certainty", "The Essence Between Us")
  • C♯3 ("Reluctance")
  • C3 ("The Essence Between Us")
  • B2 ("Home Is Where The Heart Is", "Day By Day")
  • A2 ("Arctic")

*Blue marks probable non-modal notes.
*Purple marks notes in backing vocals.
*Green marks harsh distorted notes.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.

Associated Acts:

• Skyharbor
  • TesseracT
  • In Colour
  • White Moth Black Butterfly
  • Absent Hearts
  • First Signs of Frost
  • Star Monarchy
  • Haji's Kitchen
  • Piano

Last edited by Aldebaran on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Aldebaran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Daniel Tompkins

Post  The Great Heroins on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:11 pm

Man, where did you get that avatar from? Every time I see it I think about magic mushrooms.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:18 pm

PSILOCYBIN'S MY MIDDLE NAME. LOL, joking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikkaku on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 am

Welcome back to the insane asylum forum, Matt  In Love 

Btw this guy is so cute!
Shikkaku
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:36 am

Good to see he's getting a thread here, as he's one of the best and most hard-working vocalists active. I had made a thread for him on the old forum, so I'd suggest asking one of the admins who have access(MrToddington) to get the notes from there(I probably missed a fair few notes, but whatever). In terms of lows, he's got B2s in Piano's "Home is Where the heart Is" as well as "Day By Day" by Haji's Kitchen. Speaking of those two, they should probably be added to his Associated Acts list along with First Signs of Frost. There's something like a falsetto G5 in one of his early Features, but I don't remember which one, as well as a backing vox F5 in his recent cover of "Ain't Nobody" with Jon Gomm. Other than that there's nothing particularly range expanding, so the notes will just flesh out the OP a bit more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Aldebaran on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:59 am

That shirt is amazing. Pretty psychedelic!  Laughing 

And, thanks Jeff! It's nice to be here again!

VuvuzelaBzz wrote:Good to see he's getting a thread here, as he's one of the best and most hard-working vocalists active. I had made a thread for him on the old forum, so I'd suggest asking one of the admins who have access(MrToddington) to get the notes from there(I probably missed a fair few notes, but whatever). In terms of lows, he's got B2s in Piano's "Home is Where the heart Is" as well as "Day By Day" by Haji's Kitchen. Speaking of those two, they should probably be added to his Associated Acts list along with First Signs of Frost. There's something like a falsetto G5 in one of his early Features, but I don't remember which one, as well as a backing vox F5 in his recent cover of "Ain't Nobody" with Jon Gomm. Other than that there's nothing particularly range expanding, so the notes will just flesh out the OP a bit more.

Very nice, thanks! Just updated the thread with new notes and the ones you mentioned. And yeah, an acess to the old thread would be great!
The difficult point is that he has some many projects and different collaborations... There will be always something to add to the OP.

Aldebaran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mrww on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:30 am

There is a beautiful C5 during the chorus of Messenger, the single from Tesseract's new album. Can't wait to hear Dan back with Tesseract.
mrww

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mrww on Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:33 am

There is a beautiful C5 during the chorus of Messenger, the single from Tesseract's new album. There's also what seems to be a mixed voice F5 in the bridge near the final chorus. Can't wait to hear Dan back with Tesseract.
mrww

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Karl on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:02 am

Spoiler:

Voice Type: Tenor
Vocal Range: A2-B♭5
High Notes:

• B♭5 ("Origin" live Odyssey/Scala)
  • A5 ("Retrospect" live Odyssey/Scala)
  • G♯5 ("Proxy" live)
  • G5 ("Utopia")
  • F♯5 ("Phoenix")
  • F5 ("Messenger")
  • E5 ("Phoenix", "Singularity" live, "Tourniquet")
  • D5 ("Dystopia", "Tourniquet")
  • C♯5 ("Seven Names", "Survival")
  • C5 ("Hexes", "Messenger")
  • B4 ("Phoenix", "Tourniquet")
  • B♭4 ("Cages", "Dystopia", "Hexes", "Seven Names", "Survival")
  • A4 ("Dystopia", "Utopia")
  • G♯4 ("Seven Names", "Survival")
  • G4 ("Cages", "Dystopia", "Hexes", "Messenger")

Low Notes:

• E3 ("Utopia")
  • D3 ("Dystopia")
  • C♯3 ("Survival")
  • C3 ("Cages", "Dystopia")
  • B♭2 ("Cages")
  • A2 ("Arctic")

*Underlines mark notes in backing vocals.
*Italics mark non-melodic notes.

Notewatched Polaris and some of the live DVD. Aldebaran has given me the go ahead to take over this thread

Karl
Range Advisor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  imdevine on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:03 pm

D♯5 falsetto in Survival on line "on the abandoned road".
imdevine
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top