Crazy (Gnarles Barkley Cover)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crazy (Gnarles Barkley Cover)

Post  jqd on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:41 am

https://soundcloud.com/jaemeraquan-david/crazy-gnarles-barkley-cover I covered this a long while back, but here is a pretty different take on it. It's pretty long so if it isn't any good I understand not listening to the whole thing.

jqd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Crazy (Gnarles Barkley Cover)

Post  The Great Heroins on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:57 am

I thought this cover was awesome man.  I thought the intro was pretty tasteful, and I like the effect you put on your voice.  I was really not expecting you to suddenly jump to that higher voice, it sounds damn good.  Really, your voice sounds great in all of it's range here.  The feeling your voice gives around 3:00 is really good for the cover.  It just sounds damn professional, and then the chorus after that is pretty damn solid as well.  I think the cover is indeed a bit long and it does kinda drag a bit on the second half because of the tempo but that is me just nitpicking while writing.  If I zoned out I could definitely enjoy the whole thing as easily as I could any good long song.  The only other negative criticism I have is towards some of the mid range singing in the second chorus and then the heavier singing towards the end.  I think the diction on those heavier lines are a bit weird to me, but I am not sure what you were going for.  

So did you completely produce all of this and work out all the instrumentation?  Sounds damn good man, I didn't know you were a trained musician.  Sweet cover, I had to check it out because I knew the song and I would feel bad not reviewing your cover after you checked out mine out of the blue.
The Great Heroins
General Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Buh-Red on Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:52 pm

this is the best cover i've heard on the range place. a bit long maybe but it sounds professional and it puts a great twist on the original. the screaming at the end needed more support but it was still fucking sick. bravo

Buh-Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top