Paradise Lost - Embers Fire cover

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Paradise Lost - Embers Fire cover

Post  colin040 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:50 am

Note: This cover is not complete. At one point I felt itching so I felt like stopping before I'd screw things up vocally. The background music becomes a bit less audible during the low note part cause I took the microphone closer to my mouth to prevent total inaudibe low notes by myself. Besides that, I'm not really warmed up nor hydrated but I think the result is decent after all. Hope you can give me some feeback on this. Here's the link:

http://picosong.com/YvtQ

Thanks Smile
colin040

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Paradise Lost - Embers Fire cover

Post  jqd on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:39 am

I think this was ok, I also think it probably would of been better if you were warmed up and hydrated. But I can't say much about that as I don't warm up often either. The lows were a little weak and a bit too fryish IMO but still pitch. The highs had a nice raspy tone to them that I like, but they fall a little flat here and there to my ears. Not much to say besides that.

jqd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  colin040 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:01 am

Thanks. I was just tempted to give this a try despite my condition. Still, it's a challenging song for me because:

1: The rasp is something I've been working with quite recently and have yet to get a real grip on.

2: The low notes...as you can tell, are definitely out of my comfort zone.  Laughing 

Regarding upcoming covers I have some other songs in mind that are vocally quite different from this. I just feel like revealing my voice more so I can get feedback on how I sound, what to improve on and whatsnot. Again, thanks for your attention.
colin040

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top