Robert Soeterboek

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robert Soeterboek

Post  Zedd Squared on Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Voice type: Bayreton
Vocal range: D2-F5

Significant high notes:

• F5 ("Soldier's Sacrifice" live 1987)
  • E5 ("Soldier's Sacrifice", "Symbol of Fright")
  • D5 ("Fatal Games", "Gimme the Night", "Running Through Your Veins", "Symbol of Fright", "The Banishment")
  • C5 ("Better World", "Fistful of Dreams", "Gimme the Night", "Isis and Osiris" live, "The Banishment")
  • B4 ("Amazing Flight in Space" live, "Ayreon's Fate", "Bleeding Hearts", "Fatal Games", "Magic Moments", "Set Your Controls" live, "Symbol of Fright", "To the Solar System")
  • B♭4 ("Am I Right", "Lost in a World", "Out of the White Hole" demo, "Space Truckin'" live, "The Two Gates" live, "To the Solar System")
  • A4 ("Amazing Flight in Space" live, "Am I Right", "Ayreon's Fate", "Back on Planet Earth", "Better World", "Bleeding Hearts", "Eyes of Time" live, "Fistful of Dreams", "Gimme the Night", "Out of the White Hole" demo, "Running Through Your Veins", "Set Your Controls" live, "Songs of the Ocean" live, "Space Truckin'" live, "The Banishment", "The Love I Used to Know", "To the Solar System")
  • G♯4 ("Amazing Flight in Space" live, "Magic Moments", "The Banishment")
  • G4 ("Amazing Flight in Space" live, "Ayreon's Fate", "Back on Planet Earth", "Eyes of Time" live, "Isis and Osiris" live, "Lost in a World", "Out of the White Hole" demo, "Songs of the Ocean" live, "Space Truckin'" live, "The Love I Used to Know", "The Two Gates" live, "To the Solar System")

Significant low notes:

• B2 ("Actual Fantasy" live, "Amazing Flight in Space" live, "Back on Planet Earth", "Set Your Controls" live, "The Love I Used to Know")
  • A2 ("Actual Fantasy" live, "Better World", "Castle Hall" live, "High Moon" live, "Songs of the Ocean" live, "The Eye of Ra" live)
  • G♯2 ("Running Through Your Veins")
  • G2 ("Back on Planet Earth", "Castle Hall" live, "The Eye of Ra" live, "The Two Gates" live, "To the Solar System")
  • F♯2 ("My Turn to Fly")
  • F2 ("Castle Hall" live, "The Eye of Ra" live)
  • E2 ("Actual Fantasy" live, "To the Solar System")
  • D2 ("Back on Planet Earth", "Castle Hall" live, "The Two Gates" live, "To the Solar System")

A rather interesting voice indeed. Soeterboek is most known for singing on Ayreon albums and singing all of Dan Swano's parts (and some other singers) on the Star One live album Live on Earth. He is also the singer for hard rock/heavy metal band Wicked Sensation. In his lower range he commands a bassy presence, sounding quite gothic and foreboding. In contrast, he takes upon a considerably brighter and more hard rock oriented sound in his high range. Definitely a singer worth listening to if you haven't already.
*Purple marks notes in backing vocals or otherwise obscured in the song mix.
*Italics mark non-sung notes.
Zedd Squared
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top