Mr Rock And Roll (Acoustic!) - Amy MacDonald.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mr Rock And Roll (Acoustic!) - Amy MacDonald.

Post  bradphone on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:30 am

Tried to do something different.
2 Guitars, some bongo`s (Coming from a Tyros keyboard, but still) and some live vocals.
Think i did an allright job on the guitar part, vocal wise, well... I recorded it in G so it was a tad out of my high comfort zone, but i still think i didn`t sound too off key...

https://soundcloud.com/bradleyvandijk/mr-rock-and-roll-acoustic
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mr Rock And Roll (Acoustic!) - Amy MacDonald.

Post  Colours on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:07 am

I like it Thumb up 
I think you should practice a little bit the high note ("one daaaaaay") and the falsetto. I'm not saying they're bad, they're very good, raw and emotional actually, I just think you may have to work in that part (but they're good, as I said). And no, you are on key.

Great cover Brad, congrats.

Cheers!
Colours

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KepTauto1

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:13 am

Colours wrote:I like it Thumb up 
I think you should practice a little bit the high note ("one daaaaaay") and the falsetto. I'm not saying they're bad, they're very good, raw and emotional actually, I just think you may have to work in that part (but they're good, as I said). And no, you are on key.

Great cover Brad, congrats.

Cheers!
Yeah... I should try some more on hitting high notes more relaxed, but this song was 1 note out of my comfort zone, and i really couldn`t care less about transposing..

I couldn`t find a proper way to get a nice falsetto tone out of that note...

Thanks for saying that you liked it Smile

bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Colours on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:20 am

For being out of you comfort zone, it's a really nice performance from your part, seriously. Yea, I have that problem with falsette sometimes, that's why I sometimes "belt" them quickly trying to hide it (But I think I should not do that). And I have to give you the cake: Your voice sounds good here and doesn't have the tipical problems of amateurs covers (Nasal voice, past from an octave to another to avoid notes that aren't in the range, etc).

Cheers!
Colours

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/KepTauto1

Back to top Go down

Post  bradphone on Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:17 pm

Colours wrote:For being out of you comfort zone, it's a really nice performance from your part, seriously. Yea, I have that problem with falsette sometimes, that's why I sometimes "belt" them quickly trying to hide it (But I think I should not do that). And I have to give you the cake: Your voice sounds good here and doesn't have the tipical problems of amateurs covers (Nasal voice, past from an octave to another to avoid notes that aren't in the range, etc).

Cheers!

Thanks Smile I tried my best... Still some straining on notes but still.
I never avoid my falsetto, i think it sometimes cán sound allright...
Thanks for saying that my voice sounds good Smile

I`m an amateur vocalist but i try to focus on a bit more "Pro" sound, vibrato, phrasing, off pitch and stuff...

My Vocal Range is pretty ok i guess.. it spans somewhat over 3,5 octaves in usable voice (D2 - A5)
bradphone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top